graphics problem

+
graphics problem

I have an ati 5850 and the Witcher has run perfectly until patch 1.3. Now the characters are bland and I seem to be able to see the mesh/grid in some places. I have updated my drivers, reinstalled the game but it doesnt work. Anyone got any ideas?

Nice annoying squares, grid or whatever you would call it-

Blurry would probably be a better word. Wouldnt be all that bad, but the game is also unplayable and crashes all the time. Would upload more but cant really play the game

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
Corsair PC6400C5 800mhz DDR2 4GB
XFX Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
catalyst version 11.7
Windows vista 32.

For the crashing have you tried the 3 GB switch
Open Command prompt as administrator and copy this and paste in the dialog box
bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

Have you set the CCC to application controlled as many as is possible .

use the Tweaker ( http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22530-the-witcher-2-tweaker/ ) and maximize the settings, there seems to be using the LOW settings or something

disable Depth of field options too as they brings a big performance impact for a small image improvement

I'm having the same problems but no crashing. Tried changing the user.ini to all different settings but it didn’t make a difference. Even running on ultra didn’t change the lines on the ground or the patchy rendering. Anyone get this fixed? I was about to play through for the third time when steam put patch 1.3 and 1.35 on. It was fine before this. Also re-downloaded and installed made no difference.
System
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.5GHz
Corsair dominator 2000 DDR3 @1333mhz 4GB
Gigabyte HD 6870 x2 1GB GDDR5 crossfire
catalyst version 11.8
Windows 7 ultimate 64.

And no turning crossfire off doesn’t make a difference ether does using older driver.
I can’t think of anything else to try.

Cbot said:
I'm having the same problems but no crashing. Tried changing the user.ini to all different settings but it didn’t make a difference. Even running on ultra didn’t change the lines on the ground or the patchy rendering. Anyone get this fixed? I was about to play through for the third time when steam put patch 1.3 and 1.35 on. It was fine before this. Also re-downloaded and installed made no difference.
System
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.5GHz
Corsair dominator 2000 DDR3 @1333mhz 4GB
Gigabyte HD 6870 x2 1GB GDDR5 crossfire
catalyst version 11.8
Windows 7 ultimate 64.

And no turning crossfire off doesn’t make a difference ether does using older driver.
I can’t think of anything else to try.

Have you applied CAP 2 or CAP 3 ?

Tommy said:
Have you applied CAP 2 or CAP 3 ?
Istalling cap3 was the last thing I tried before finding this thread. It didnt make a difference unless I was meant to do somthing else after istalling it.

I haven't played TW2 in a couple of months, but back when I first got it, I was able to play it on High settings with no problem..

Started it back up today after downloading the patches, and I get these lines on the ground, as well as an over-all poor resolution of the ground textures. Aside from the ground, everything else looks fine.

These screen shots are on default HIGH setting

I got the grid lines too.. :( Haven't played it enough for it to crash though.. Was also working fine before the patches..

System
Windows 7 Ult 64bit
ATI Radeon HD 5850 w/ 2GB GDDR5
Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
8GB Ram (can't remember what I put in there atm)

bconnerly said:
I haven't played TW2 in a couple of months, but back when I first got it, I was able to play it on High settings with no problem..

Started it back up today after downloading the patches, and I get these lines on the ground, as well as an over-all poor resolution of the ground textures. Aside from the ground, everything else looks fine.

Play the game in lower resolution and in a window mode, check if it happens!..

1. Set Game to "1440x900"
2. Play game in Window Mode

AnarkiHunter said:
Play the game in lower resolution and in a window mode, check if it happens!..

1. Set Game to "1440x900"
2. Play game in Window Mode

Tried it. I still get the lines on the ground. :( Surely there has to be a way to fix this other than reinstalling Windows..

bconnerly said:
Tried it. I still get the lines on the ground. :( Surely there has to be a way to fix this other than reinstalling Windows..

You aren't forcing any Anti Aliasing or Anistropic Filtering from the graphics drivers right!, nor using any third party application to maintain your graphics settings/profiles!.

Also set texture downscale to "NONE" in the game settings and check the graphics*!!!.

AnarkiHunter said:
You aren't forcing any Anti Aliasing or Anistropic Filtering from the graphics drivers right!, nor using any third party application to maintain your graphics settings/profiles!.

Also set texture downscale to "NONE" in the game settings and check the graphics*!!!.

Yeah I'm pretty sure none of that was going on..

I DID fix it!
I had been needing to reinstall Win7 for a while now.. So I backed up the Steamapps folder and reinstalled windows.. Everything seems to be working fine now..
Just sucks that nothing else seems to correct the issue..

But, at least I can happily say that TW2(w/ new update) can coexist and function properly with these Radeon gfx cards..

Top Bottom