Graphics really bad after 1.6 update

+
The game looked very sharp before the patch, now it looks all fuzzy like too much antialiasing. Faces for example, look cartoonish up close and are just blobs from a distance. Furniture, doors etc. have a woozy edge. There's this fog around light sources that's really not good. Like a lot of people were smoking under them, except no one is. It affect every light source. There's no antialiasing choice in the settings, I turned off grain, volumetric fog, motion blur, etc. but it isn't fixed. Any suggestions to make my game sharp and crisp again? Note: Click twice on the pics to see what they really look like, in reduced form they look better than it really is.
Blurry.jpg

Blur.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe this 1.6 patch needs a little tweaking, we'll find out in the next few days. Right now there are thousands of people and thousands of different computers testing the new version of the game. Report bugs you see to official support and we'll get news soon.

Reported. I really wanted to test the new patch but this thing really takes out all the fun of it.

Last edited:
Check if FSR 1.0 is on AUTO mode. I felt the same way. Now set on off and it looks good. Still haven't complete the heist mission on new playthrough so haven't explored much especially night time

Check if FSR 1.0 is on AUTO mode. I felt the same way. Now set on off and it looks good. Still haven't complete the heist mission on new playthrough so haven't explored much especially night time
Thank you! Putting FSR Off and Fidelty Sharpening Off did improve the quality about to about 90% as good as it used to be! I guess there must be some other tweak that will make everything perfect like before, but you have saved my bacon friend!
Note: After playing some, I went back to see and the two settings were back on and now untouchable, but the graphics improvement persisted. I guess since these are AMD things, they don't get along too well with Nvidia.

Last edited:
Thank you! Putting FSR Off and Fidelty Sharpening Off did improve the quality about to about 90% as good as it used to be! I guess there must be some other tweak that will make everything perfect like before, but you have saved my bacon friend!
Note: After playing some, I went back to see and the two settings were back on and now untouchable, but the graphics improvement persisted. I guess since these are AMD things, they don't get along too well with Nvidia.

16X anisotropic filtering might help. Sometime a restart of game (return to main menu option) for full setting to effect change but may be i'm being paranoid

Top Bottom