Graphics upgrades beyond B&W

+
Graphics upgrades beyond B&W

Will this upgrade be for the entire game including Velen and Skellige, or just the new map of Toussaint? Sorry if this has already been covered, I am currently chasing a 10 month old around and don't have the tie to dig through the forums

Dunno where it was stated but it was from offical side, that the upgrade will "only" concern the new region aka Toussaint.

Honestly, I wouldn't get excited for any sort of major graphical overhaul. The game's graphics engine has not exactly been "cooperative" since release. Now that the devs have it in a pretty good place, I can feel the fear and hesitation of adding things or trying to push the engine a little farther.

Besides, I think the game looks great as is. Very atmospheric; wonderful levels of detail.

yeah...wouldn't hold my breath about anything major being changed about the lighting..foliage has been confirmed to be improved and draw distance but only for Touissant. W3 is a great game in many aspects but the lighting isn't one of them..sometimes it looks great but most of the time it's just...meah...and that takes so much away from the eye candy / appeal..just feel that with a bit more tweaking around, they could have kept it as it should have been - VGX "In-Game Footage" anyone?...take a look at Uncharted 4..

I think the graphical upgrade is more about better assets than any major changes to the engine, so it is not surprising that the lighting is still the same. And the system requirements (at least on the consoles) cannot increase either, which also limits the extent of the possible improvements while still using the same engine.

Honestly, I wouldn't get excited for any sort of major graphical overhaul. The game's graphics engine has not exactly been "cooperative" since release. Now that the devs have it in a pretty good place, I can feel the fear and hesitation of adding things or trying to push the engine a little farther.

Besides, I think the game looks great as is. Very atmospheric; wonderful levels of detail.

I was very skeptical of the patches until 1.10.. draw distances and popin (and performance) seemed to just magically behave, everything graphics became right. From the eurogamer video it was hinted that any extra detail was done knowing tricks of optimization learned after release. My only concern is subjective, im not sure if id prefer a southern france setting over eastern europe.. course wont know until we get there!

Seriously. If people don't think Witcher III looks stunning, they're not playing on a good PC. It's remarkable how people can say things like "the lighting will unfortunately be the same.."

I mean, I've never in my life played such a beautiful game.

I am one of those who is not playing on a good PC (PS4 - whomp whomp). I would say that even with that, it is certainly the best looking open world game I have ever played. And it's not even close.

am one of those who is not playing on a good PC (PS4 - whomp whomp). I would say that even with that, it is certainly the best looking open world game I have ever played. And it's not even close.

Same thing, but Xbox One, which should be even worse when it comes to visuals.

I am one of those who is not playing on a good PC (PS4 - whomp whomp). I would say that even with that, it is certainly the best looking open world game I have ever played. And it's not even close.

you can not ask the impossible but these game could be better if you see some trailers and some screenshots, but is what it is, maybe we see some of these things in cyberpunk 2077 if they do a really pc game ot better consoles,btw how is uncharted 4 beacuse i can´t play it in my pc

you can not ask the impossible but these game could be better if you see some trailers and some screenshots, but is what it is, maybe we see some of these things in cyberpunk 2077 if they do a really pc game ot better consoles,btw how is uncharted 4 beacuse i can´t play it in my pc

I haven't gotten it yet actually. It and Stellaris released a day apart. I got Stellaris. Uncharted will be my purchase after a B&W play-through. However, I am very confident it is excellent. I've never played a Naughty Dog game that wasn't.

Uncharted looks crazy. Like it's really mental that they were able to get those graphics from that system. I am spending half my time in the photo mode :D I'm sure they are using immense amounts of tricks to get the graphics though. But they should have a few magicians in the engine department...

On the other hand though, for a game its size, Witcher 3 also is a work of magic. I'm sure if the maps and the amount of content they were working with were in the levels of Uncharted 4, our guys and gals in CDPR would have also been able to get those graphics ;) Who knows, if they made Witcher 3 with those finances and studio size, we might see some craziness for CP2077 as well :)

I think they will dish it out ifor the whole game in the Enhanced Edition.If it consoles can run it on Toussant,why not everywhere?

If it consoles can run it on Toussant,why not everywhere?

Thats not so easy.
Example, if you would place the grass of Toussaint in the entire witcher 3 map, hundreds of visual bugs would appear, because its higher.
Things will be hidden, it would go in the houses etc etc.

Uncharted looks crazy. Like it's really mental that they were able to get those graphics from that system. I am spending half my time in the photo mode I'm sure they are using immense amounts of tricks to get the graphics though. But they should have a few magicians in the engine department...

On the other hand though, for a game its size, Witcher 3 also is a work of magic. I'm sure if the maps and the amount of content they were working with were in the levels of Uncharted 4, our guys and gals in CDPR would have also been able to get those graphics Who knows, if they made Witcher 3 with those finances and studio size, we might see some craziness for CP2077 as well

if it is going to be multiplatform i doubt it, hopefully i will be wrong, and for what i see in videos uncharted is amazing but i think that quantum break put more impressive stuff in the screen.

Last edited:
Seriously. If people don't think Witcher III looks stunning, they're not playing on a good PC. It's remarkable how people can say things like "the lighting will unfortunately be the same.."

I mean, I've never in my life played such a beautiful game.

either you weren't there during the pre release or you dont see the difference ( wich is fine i wish too i wouldnt be able ) because this is what peoples expected when CDPR sold us the game :

everything else aside, even assets, the lighting is nowhere near as good as in the demos, peoples are not randomly calling out the game lighting out of their mind, changes happened and the game came out not looking how it was supposed to, that being said the game is still plenty beautiful and saying its ugly or whatever is dishonest, BUT its still not what they promised, no matter how you turn it upside down, even with the new expansion, wich am sure i will be enjoying

Top Bottom