Grass dont spawn

+
Hi guys, it's been a couple of days, that the grass does not appear, but the bushes and flowers yes, do you know how to solve? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190520163825_1.jpg
    20190520163825_1.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 226
I can only guess that you are using mods, or that you used them at some point in the past?

I use the mods, but I don't know what it is, and anyway it could be that at some point everything was bugged, and since I put the mods that started doing so ...

Last edited:
Most likely. Adding mods is fine, but once you save your game with mods running, it may be almost impossible to correct whatever goes wrong at that point. My recommendation, if you don't know what could have caused it, is to put every mod you were using back in and finish the playthrough that way.

Any idea of which one it might have been? Use an level of detail mods? Any mods that replaced the meshes / textures of grass, trees, etc.?

ah, I do not remember that mod I had inside, I put a lot of them, and I speak even days ago, mostly because of the textures both for the grass and for the environments

Last edited:
I can direct this to the modding discussions. If you can come up with a list of mods that you were using (even a partial one), someone there might be able to help. As it stands, it could have been any texture or visual enhancement mod that wasn't installed/removed correctly...or some weird glitch with something else. My guess would be it was a texture replacer and/or an LoD enhancement.

If you really have no idea, then the options are:
1.) Just deal with it until the playthrough is over, then reinstall the entire game to new directory path.
2.) Do that reinstall now and hope it corrects the issue. (Just know that this could make your prior savegames unplayable. Likely, they'll simply remain the same as they are now.)
3.) Do the reinstall now and intentionally begin a new game.

Unfortunately, if you're not even sure of which mods you were using, there may be nothing for it. We can ask, though!

So I'll update you, I tried to delete all the mods and dlc files, and re-installed the game, but even making a new game the grass doesn't exist, now I try to change the directory from steam and see if something changes, then just there 'I let you know,

however it could be mods like you said, texture/lod, because before installing the mod, there was grass after that mod no longer, but I don't remember which was

...but even making a new game the grass doesn't exist...

Cool! That means the problem is almost certainly with your installation. If running a verify / repair doesn't fix it, that reinstall is your next best step.

...now I try to change the directory from steam and see if something changes, then just there 'I let you know...

This will likely have no effect (unless you're using a mod manager that uses a virtual pathing setup). I don't know if there even is any such thing for TW3.

It's most likely that some of the original game files were actually overwritten. To get everything running in vanilla defaults, the only surefire way is to delete the present installation and reinstall again. Since the problem carried over to a new game, there's a decent chance that doing that will "fix" your old saves as well.

then, I installed it in another directory and nothing, it always remains the same, then for some mods I used the scipt merger, but I don't think that's the problem

I think that the game is ruined, even if I re-install it it remains the same, I'm not understanding why it does this

then, I installed it in another directory and nothing, it always remains the same, then for some mods I used the scipt merger, but I don't think that's the problem

I think that the game is ruined, even if I re-install it it remains the same, I'm not understanding why it does this

I'm not sure I understand this. You reinstalled the game to a new directory path...then installed mods again?

Maybe check out the user.settings ini file for The Witcher 3. There should be some settings for grass in this file and it seems possible a mod messed with that.

You could also simply remove that file and the user.settings.bak - after removing those two files start the game. Perhaps that can solve the problem.

Maybe check out the user.settings ini file for The Witcher 3. There should be some settings for grass in this file and it seems possible a mod messed with that.

You could also simply remove that file and the user.settings.bak - after removing those two files start the game. Perhaps that can solve the problem.

I had already tried it a couple of days ago, but it doesn't change anything, I still have endless expanses of land

Alright, that's weird. Moving laterally!

Can you list your full specs, Windows version, installation directory path, GPU driver version, etc.?

Where did you get the game (GOG / Steam / Origin) and what version are you using? Did you get the Standalone + HoS + B&W, or the GOTY Edition?

Mods: How did you install them? Did you use a manager or install them manually? Did you overwrite any game files while using them?

Alright, that's weird. Moving laterally!

Can you list your full specs, Windows version, installation directory path, GPU driver version, etc.?

Where did you get the game (GOG / Steam / Origin) and what version are you using? Did you get the Standalone + HoS + B&W, or the GOTY Edition?

Mods: How did you install them? Did you use a manager or install them manually? Did you overwrite any game files while using them?

Specs: Win10 Pro 1809, Directory: Steam/Steamapps/common etc, Gpu Driver 430,64 (last)
Bought on steam, goty version
the mods, I have always installed them manually in the specific folder (mods), the only time I used a program was for HD REWORKED PROJECT, the only time that maybe I was overwritten by a file, maybe it was in user_config_matrix is the only thing most likely, but I think that being a game file, as soon as you delete the game, they are created again, and playing currently without a mod, it seems unlikely to be the problem

Top Bottom