Grass poking through objects

+
I created a bug report about grass poking through both V's bed in the new nomad camp and the elevator in the Glen that leads up to V's apartment. This bug looks like so:

bug_grass01.jpeg

bug_grass02.jpeg

To which I got the following response:
"I am afraid the issue is not reproducible on my end."

However, to me this seems a bit unlikely and I wanted to know if someone else here can confirm this bug on their end as well. In my opinion, it should be platform agnostic as long as the grass density (which is not an option as far as I know) has not been set to low or something like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe in this game grass density is an internal setting (not set by the player). It is set by the game as one way to moderate resources depending on the hardware it is running on. At least that is how I have seen it in other games. This kind of bug (foliage sticking thru things) is not anything they are likely to fix as there is a random component that makes it hard to reproduce unlike where trees or bushes or rocks (often hand placed ) are at the wrong elevation.

Azulath, what are you playing on? PC? If so there may be a mod to adjust GD.

In Oblivion and other Creation engine games we (DEV and mod makers) could assign "bare dirt ground" to the camp site to avoid this kind of thing. That would be the way they could fix this but I would bet they have other things they think are more pressing to spend time on.

Last edited:
So for me Series X, new Aldecaldos camp in V's tent :)
So it does not happen on all platforms, thanks for this information.

I believe in this game grass density is an internal setting (not set by the player). It is set by the game as one way to moderate resources depending on the hardware it is running on. At least that is how I have seen it in other games. This kind of bug (foliage sticking thru things) is not anything they are likely to fix as there is a random component that makes it hard to reproduce unlike where trees or bushes or rocks (often hand placed ) are at the wrong elevation.
In Oblivion and other Creation engine games we (DEV and mod makers) could assign "bare dirt ground" to the camp site to avoid this kind of thing. That would be the way they could fix this but I would bet they have other things they think are more pressing to spend time on.
I do not consider it unlikely that CDPR has a similar "base dirt ground" setting and as a result this bug could be fixed without too much work required. It would all depend on the internals though and given that I do not know much about the internal of the REDEngine I report every single bug I notice.

Azulath, what are you playing on? PC? If so there may be a mod to adjust GD.
I'm playing on a PC, so yes, mods would be an easy option. (I though my resolution/aspect ratio was also a giveaway :LOL: )

In REDengine, vegetation is not assigned to textures and is painted manually on the terrain, after texturing is done.

Top Bottom