Grave Hag Nilfgard patch

+
Grave Hag Nilfgard patch

So they just made grave hag really2 bad. Not only did they Nerf the strength from 2 to 1 (I don't even care about this one). They make almost all breedable and spawned unit fleeting. Which defeat the purpose of having a grave hag. Now you are lucky if you can get your grave hag to 15 str after absorbing. Very2 lame. You can at least buff it up a bit or make it immune to weather of you're going to nerf it this hard

Agreed, I was initially quite excited for this card in the new-style monster eating decks, but as you say it's nigh on impossible to get much value out of her.

I wonder why she got even a nerf- I did not see her much ion the last month. She was weak before and now she is unplayable.

LadyAly;n7715660 said:
I wonder why she got even a nerf- I did not see her much ion the last month. She was weak before and now she is unplayable.

She was super strong and didn't see play since monsters have not been dominating. Now she would get out of control pretty quickly in r3.

LadyAly;n7715660 said:

masterring;n7719680 said:
She was super strong and didn't see play since monsters have not been dominating. Now she would get out of control pretty quickly in r3.

Actually I think it was the potential turn two that the developers feared, less the turn three.

Play a massive turn 1 with Arache Behemoths and other token spawners, go for the win, then drop it turn 2 and pass. With the new monster ability the now buffed up Grave Hag will threaten the second round and stay till the third. I would guess the developers foresaw this development and nerfed.

Also the many fleeting creatures was likely also to help the strength of the monster passive as i am pretty sure it disregards fleeting creatures, thus it will pass over the weak tokens spawned for the bigger stuff.

TriforceDragon;n7720840 said:
Play a massive turn 1 with Arache Behemoths and other token spawners, go for the win, then drop it turn 2 and pass. With the new monster ability the now buffed up Grave Hag will threaten the second round and stay till the third. I would guess the developers foresaw this development and nerfed.

Playing grave hag early is never a good options. He often get sniped by card like igni, scorch, dimitrium, weather, etc. And I can understand if they made the spawned breedable unit fleeting. But at least don't make the spawned non breedable unit fleeting too.

the hag already suffered a big blow with the new patch, i was expecting a small buff in STR, in stead this happened . Sometimes i think devs simply dont want certain cards played anymore after a patch so we may focus on another strategies , that's why this type of nerfs happen .
L.E. If we look at footage from the streamers visit in Poland we will see the hag at 6STR so they took thought she needs a buff back then, why did they hit her so hard afterwards i dont know .

Last edited:
well.. before patch the hag was usefull only in the breedable deck, that was very strong but super easy to counter.. so, if you can win round one with a half hundred, one hundred units in GY, u generally won match qith one card with 100 of power ( saw many times)
now is different but i think is still viable in the new monster deck.. 15-20 strenght.. considering how new mechanic work is pretty good thou.. even if spawned units affect new mechanic, and it sux

I don't get the strength demotion either. Before the patch it was awesome only in breeder decks, which were crap. In other decks it was just pretty good. Now that many spawns are fleeting, it can't be awesome anymore, but it's still pretty good. But bringing the strength down from 2 to 1? I can't see what's the purpose behind this, because I don't see what difference does it make.

Guys... Are you for real? I'm playing a consume deck that has 80% wins in high bracket and GRAVE HAG IS ONE OF MY BEST WIN CONDITIONS. Do the Arachas -> they are not fleeting! <- combo with Vrans on R2 and your GH will get 20-30 Str. Combine it with Crones/Avall'ach awesome CA options and it is almost unbeatable. The nerf to its str was needed so now I have to play more around bears and Yennefers. The deck I use if you're interested: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11243-vran-tastic-80-winrate-a-consumers-guide-to-3500

MDTycho;n7733360 said:
Guys... Are you for real? I'm playing a consume deck that has 80% wins in high bracket and GRAVE HAG IS ONE OF MY BEST WIN CONDITIONS. Do the Arachas -> they are not fleeting! <- combo with Vrans on R2 and your GH will get 20-30 Str. Combine it with Crones/Avall'ach awesome CA options and it is almost unbeatable. The nerf to its str was needed so now I have to play more around bears and Yennefers. The deck I use if you're interested: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11243-vran-tastic-80-winrate-a-consumers-guide-to-3500

I have a similar setup too, it's not strong. To get 30 str you need to have 30 non gold unit card, with what you have there you'll have to be really lucky to get 30 str. And grave hag was meant to be a breedable deck last hope. Breedable deck is weak because people can counter it really easily, they only win against people that doesn't have any direct damage card. With the old grave hag, even if your breedable unit is destroyed you still have a fighting chance. Now it's all over.

Top Bottom