Gray Skin texture bug/glitch around shoulder and neck with Female Player Character when wearing certain cloth.

+
I find that when I wear certain top that shows shoulder part there's a gray skin texture on the shoulder/neck area. Anyone got the same problem?
Note: any clothing that shows shoulder part/skin has this problem.
Screenshot for proof.
Platform: PC

Attachments

• 20201215152738_1.jpg
    20201215152738_1.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 2,584
  • 20201215152742_1.jpg
    20201215152742_1.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 2,289
I also suffer from this Texture Glitch - we should probably post specs to find the root issue seeing as not all have this issue.

1080ti
3700x

Based off my own knowledge and what I deal with at work it look like the skin shaders are being assigned the wrong material ID's when the clothes are applied. Instead of the gray either being the skin texture or invisible they dont have an ID assigned to them so they appear as a default gray color. Others have mentioned the bug before, we just have to wait for a fix from CDPR.

Could it have something to do with installation of the files since not all have this issue? And would verifying the game, or even redownloading have an effect on this?
Will test it today recheck integrity.
Post automatically merged:

I also suffer from this Texture Glitch - we should probably post specs to find the root issue seeing as not all have this issue.

1080ti
3700x
I use lower end spec
16gb ram, rx570, ryzen 5 2600. I don't think it's spec related.
Post automatically merged:

Tried to verify integrity and downloading.

Same result when i opened the game and test it.
20201216122356_1.jpg
20201216122414_1.jpg
20201216122417_1.jpg

Problem still exist

Last edited:
Could it have something to do with installation of the files since not all have this issue? And would verifying the game, or even redownloading have an effect on this?
I'm not sure. There's only one way to find out. Does it only happen with clothes that leave parts of the clavicle, and shoulders exposed? Does it happen with a crew neck t-shirt, like does it show up around the biceps where the arm holes are?

I'm not sure. There's only one way to find out. Does it only happen with clothes that leave parts of the clavicle, and shoulders exposed? Does it happen with a crew neck t-shirt, like does it show up around the biceps where the arm holes are?
Any cloth that showed the shoulder skin has this problem.

If she's topless is the grey color still there?
It is not. Only when clothing is worn.
All clothing that is not fully covering the skin ostensibly have these Grey Texture pops. Particularly Innerwear like Tanktops, shirts and the like.

It is not. Only when clothing is worn.

All clothing that is not fully covering the skin ostensibly have these Grey Texture pops. Particularly Innerwear like Tanktops, shirts and the like.
My guess is its a bug related to the shirt type. Why some get it and other don't, I have no idea. My only thoughts are to repair/verify the install or reinstall the game.

This issue has started happening to me just today after restarting my game. I don't suppose anyone has a fix for this that goes beyond wearing normal shirts and jackets to cover it up?
I any case I hope it gets fixed soon!

image_2020-12-20_201507.pngimage_2020-12-20_201535.png

Last edited:
Same here! It's even worse with some tops literally cutting off my upper body tattoos additionally to the weird greyish lines.

According to what I was able to get out of people it's only for shirts with thin-ish straps - strapless tops don't have the glitch happening! Will post a screenie in a bit.

EDIT: Screenie added.

Attachments

• photomode_19122020_234146.png
    photomode_19122020_234146.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 584
Last edited:
I am having this same issue as well. Randomly started happening to me today. Going back to an older save didn't fix anything. Restarting my game and computer didn't fix anything as well. Hesitant to reinstall, as others have said it has no effect. Very strange.

I'm getting this too on a 10700k, 32Gb and RTX 2060. Tried every setting including RTX and it still happens. Like others, only when shirts are worn.
If it helps, when I created my character, her boobs were poking through the starting clothes straight out of the character editor. Removing the shirt and reapplying it fixed that 'bug' / feature. Maybe something related to that.

If it helps, when I created my character, her boobs were poking through the starting clothes straight out of the character editor. Removing the shirt and reapplying it fixed that 'bug' / feature. Maybe something related to that.

That bug has been fixed with v1.05 mentioned in 1.05 patch notes. But the grey texture skin bug when wearing shirts still exists.

Top Bottom