Great Story, Great Animation, Hollowed AI, Hollowed Open world experience.

+
Pretty much the same as Witcher 3, great story, pretty good game mechanics, amazing voice acting (main story/side story vice).
But the open world is hollowed, even with the amazing view, the world is merely created to service the main and side quests. With all the important open world details missing. Almost zero NPC interaction happens outside of missions.

Bugs I can understand, but so many fake promises, like that fake train system roaming in the sky, random instant spawn cops when committing crimes, horrible AI, people vanishing from street when you turn away.
These features are unlikely to change since the game is out.
The Ai rag doll never react to player action unless they start shooting, even core mechanics makes no sense, the police never goes to any crime spot, but when players commits crime, they would instantly teleport behind your back and starts shooting, if the police are that efficient, all the crime in Night City would've been stopped.

Some other funny mechanics include,
1. No one ever rides a motorbike, bike or roller skate and other futuristic transporting devices, everyone either walks or drive a car. What a lame 2077
2.No one jumps except you, like you are the only person that's ever implanted a double jump implants. I would imagination a substantial amount of people doing parkour because in 2077, they could just use implant to jump to various buildings.
Funny thing is, even in some quests, criminals just runs or drives when escaping, no one does some crazy Matrix roof top jumping sequences, everyone just does what everyone does in 2020, despite all their implant powers in the future.

3.You never run into other mercenary in Night City, you are the only one there doing all the gigs and missions. All the fixers need to count on V because other mercenary doesn't exists, except in "legends"
4. Most food and drink store just sells the same food. Most vendors are fake, can't buy anything or interact with them.

All in all, I think we should just treat this game as a upgraded version of Witcher 3.
While having amazing main story, side missions, stunning landscape, set a great reference for games that are set in the future.

What they failed in are the same categories, no real open world experience, just endless fighting, fake transporting system, at some point everyone just uses instant travel.
Fake AI for NPC roaming in night city, they are just background characters that are so boring because you can't interact with any of them.
The game force you back to main and side quests because roaming around Night City is so boring.

The only real open world experience is when you find a good spot and takes a screen shot, those view are sure as hell stunning.

Even some old game like Watch Dog 1, Red dead redemption, puts more effect in making the open world game realistic, they actually have trains that you can ride on, multiple quests actually happens on the train.

Overall, quite disappointed at the experience, outside of the main and side quests, the game is hollow and empty in content. All we can do is find a spot to take pictures after the story, that's pretty much it.

Story 9/10
Great original story, although too short for my taste.

Animation 10/10
Top performance, with Keanu Reeves performing in various side quests.

Landscape 8/10
Amazing view, but fake transporting system, limited access to buildings outside of quests.

Gameplay 7/10
Good fighting mechanics, but can easily just stealth through every quest and fights, the game actually promotes stealth game-play in most quests.

Open world experience 4/10
Hollowed empty world outside of main and side quests

AI for NPC 4/10
Fake NPC that merely serve as background character in locations.

Sex and Romance 2/10
All the ads about future sex options, crazy Braindance, in the end you can only watch crime Braindance videos that helps players solves quests, great...
You get 4 Joytoys that does the same animation, about 3 romance companions per body type.
That's way lower than what they did in witcher 3, heck, even wicher 3 have more animation in this regard.

If they just want to create a world that serve the main story and side quests, there are no need to make a open world game, just make a game world similar to Bioshock, God of War, Last of US.

Last edited:
The none scripted animations are trash though. The ragdolls are 2005 level. They had better ragdolls I'm Hitman silent assassin. I couldn't believe how broken and bad they are.

The none scripted animations are trash though. The ragdolls are 2005 level. They had better ragdolls I'm Hitman silent assassin. I couldn't believe how broken and bad they are.
Totally agree, it is exactly what I said.

Top Bottom