Griffin and Katakan, Can't See Whose Graveyard I am Targeting

+
Can't differentiate during effects that target the graveyard -- bug?

Is there supposed to be a way to tell the difference between graveyard contents during Katakan and Griffin effects? For instance: I've stolen Queensguards from a Skellige player and all the QG's are the same power. I had two in my graveyard, and two in the opponent's graveyard.... I played Katakan and all the cards were just jumbled together with no sorting between our cards. I chose one randomly and ate mine, then lost the game, due to him being able to resurrect his QG and then Cerys.

This can't be how it is intended is it? During these times, I notice that the cards aren't even remotely sorted by owners... just seems randomly assorted and displayed during these effects.

EDIT: I might add that my opponent's have had this issue too, and they have lost games when I have played QG before for this exact reason.

Last edited:
Katakan and Griffin small Problem

Dear Readers of this Thread (Disclaimer : this is probably the first time I ever wrote ona Forum, im kind of the observe kinda guy not the active one thats why)

I´ve recently felt a little frustrated when playin a match gainst another monsters player. While both players got a fooglet in their graves there is basically no way to figure out which fooglet u re currently targeting with your griffin so I accidentally gave him my Fooglet :/ .
Same Interaction happens with Katakan where u eat the wrong card .

I really hope u could help edit the Interface in a way where I can go to bed peacefully with the knowledge that I havent eaten all my little babies :(

sincerly CDPR´s huge Fanboy me :D

Last edited:
Graveyard questions

I play a Monster deck with Foglets and Griffins to mess with the opponents graveyard. Sometimes however the opponent also happens to have Foglets in there and as far as I can see there is no way to keep them apart when looking at all cards in all graveyards.. Am I missing something here? And if so do you guys think this is good as you have to keep in mind the order of things entering Graveyard or do you think there should be a way to see what is in your graveyard and what is in his?

They should be viewable separately. Some type of menu to see earlier mulligans would be nice too. Because.... algorithms....

IIRC there was a mention that the aura surrounding the card tells you who owns it. Your graveyard cards have a blue aura and theirs have a red one in the card selector. I think someone on the reddit forums had a really good visual aid, but I'm at work and can't grab it right now.

Press TAB if you are playing on PC while hoovering over the card on the gy. It should appear the board view and the preview of the gy card on the right, that preview will tell you if the card is yours or opponent's by the aura color (blue yours, red opponent).

On consoles should exist a similar command, but i dont know since i play only on pc.

Is there a way to check the graveyard without having to play a card first? Should I be able to see whay my opponent discards? The tutorial maybe should explain the deck, hand, and graveyard parts of the UI a bit better. I keep running into issues with playing medics without good targets.

Assire Var Anahid

Hi,
I´ve been trying to play with this card but I have one difficulty, I can´t distinguish the cards, If they are mine or from opponnents. An example: I was playing against an opponent and we both played "Decoy" on 1st round. On 2nd round, I used Assire and I wanted to pick the Decoy I´ve played 1st round. However, both Decoys were right next to each other and I didn´t know wich one as mine, I just picked one and it turns out it was opponent´s one. Is there any way to distinguish cards in graveyard when we use cards wich resurrect them like Assire, I mean distinguish If they are from our deck or opponent´s deck? If not, I´d like to make that suggestion, a way to distinguish them, for example, instead of showing all cards on same row, showing 2 rows, one for each graveyards.
Cheers,

Last edited:
Still shocked this is a thing. Should have always been two separate and minimised piles and can selectively go into your opponents, at top of screen, back out and into yours, at bottom of screen and avoid all the confusion. No fooking idea if that colour indicators actually work or are a thing. I haven't played in too long to know.

Yup, I'm a bit disappointed this hasn't been improved yet. After all enough people have been complaining about this since the beginning of OB and it doesn't seem like it would be so hard to fix this issue.

Yeah, they should be two separate graveyards for sure, but until that's fixed, you can hold the TAB key (hold it, not press it, and not sure if this is possible on consoles) to hide the card selection screen, and if you do this while highlighting a card, it'll show up on the right and you can check the boarder around it to see if it's red (opponent) or blue (yours).

Read this somewhere on these boards (not sure who posted anymore, sorry =/), and I've been using it as a temporary fix until they actually revamp the UI for those interactions.

My suggestion

Hi
At the beginning i would like to say hello to everyone and mention that i was looking for answers of my questions but i couldnt find them.
1) Did CD Projekt ever mention why cards are not sorted on the graveyard. In my opinion it could help in searching ressurection card (imagine Monsters graveyard with Arachas)
2) Is It possible when i use Assire (Nilfgaard, 10 strength, silver) to recognize which card is my when both players have the same card.
Cheers mates.

Probably wrong here to post it, but I can't create threads because I didn't make 10 posts before. Which makes in itself no sense because I could just randomly spam answers in threads just to get there. Anyway, I will write it here because I think its a gamebreaking bug or issue especially if you look at the current meta (70% of my games are against Monster):

When will you fix the Griffin card? There is absolutely no way to see which Foglet is in his or my graveyard and I lost a couple of games because of it. I even remembered my graveyard order in one game to make sure I pick the right Foglet from HIS graveyard and not mine and it didn't work. With the absolute omnipresence of Monster decks it's an unbearable and really blood boiling bug.

RedOctagon

You don't have to make a new thread about it. If you would have used the search function, then you would have discovered it was already posted as a suggestion. Also, it's not about fixing the Griffin card, it's about making a separate graveyard view for all cards that can interact with the graveyard.

Anyhow, check out New members and posting limitations from some more tips.

I don't get why they just don't put just some color under them cards - red for the Opponent's Graveyard and Red for yours. Like the coin toss.

Never had these problem since I never play any kind of graveyard shuffling effect.
But well it's always funny since sometimes the enemy would shuffle my dead Roach into my own deck instead of his Roach

Top Bottom