Griffin armor is hideos

+
Try full Nilfgaardian armor set. Don't remember it's full name tho. Looks amazing.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot when I jump back in tonight.

I think the DLC Tamerian Armor is pretty cool too. It's more along the lines of the default KM in that it keeps Geralt looking lean.

I'm currently rocking the full Griffin armor and I agree it does make him look plump around the waist line. but those shoulder spikes and everything else look great

When Geralt postures in the KM armour he looks like he about to wipe the floor with anyone who even thinks about trying him.

When he does it in most of the other armors he looks like he's about to treat everyone to an all you can eat.

I get the practicality in terms of padding and protection, still doesn't change the fact they don't look all that great.

Rant over.

The thing that i really don't understand guys is how the fuck there are armors for every different school and there are none for the most important one, the Wolf School!

Also there are 2 swords from the viper school but no armor. wtf

I upgraded to the max, and don't think is all that bad
Eh... seens impossible to upload anything on this forum...
Anyway i got the 3 sets to max:
Griffin
Feline
Ursine
I am using the Ursine body and swords and the feline the rest, didn't mind for the sign boost since i already have +80% with mutagens

Oooh, Ursine looks wicked good.

You gotta admit though. Nothing comes close to that Kaer Morhen armor. Shame it's so weak statistically because it's probably the best armor I've seen in any game, let alone W3.

I decided last night I am just going to wear that armor as long as the game doesn't get super hard again. I am working my way through Novigrad on blood and broken bones and I am not dying much anymore. I think I can sacrifice some stats to wear that sweet armor again.

Try full Nilfgaardian armor set. Don't remember it's full name tho. Looks amazing.

is the full Nilfgaardian set in game? I found the gloves so far.

on the topic of armor, I don't love the Griffin, but I gotta say, from the point of view of someone that does the medieval combat, it is the most realistic one out of the witcher sets.
Overall, the attention to detail and the realism of the armor is staggering! they all wear gambesons, padding, most of the armor is absolutely practical, you can even see the straps and all. the only thing I don't like is the high collar with a strap facemask thing of the Witch Hunters. Well done CDPR!

Are chins constantly clipping on the high collars for you as well? Kind of distracting when Geralt's face and beard are stcking through his thick collar every cutscene.

All armor in this game are fucking MASTERPIECES.
Despite taking place in a fantasy world they look pretty realistic.
Griffin armor seems to be made of 3 layers: padded cloth, chainmail and hard leather vest.
This should provide pretty good protection.
It looks almost like plate armor because it isn't just leather. And the way it looks in game is pretty accurate.
Why do you think plate armor looks as if it is made for a fat man?
Because there is a reason. What reason? Go dig some historical forums.

This isn't some korean mmorpg or stupid japanese anime. Armor should be practical first, aestetic second.

Yes because realism really is something I focus on when looking for the mage armor that allows the fire coming out of my hands to deal more damage or the shield I surround myself with to withstand more damage... Who the hell cares about your historical forums when all I want is to look good while killing stuff! To hell with realism, give me badass looking geralt who looks like he could tear you apart, not frumpy fat geralt who has food baby.

Yes because realism really is something I focus on when looking for the mage armor that allows the fire coming out of my hands to deal more damage or the shield I surround myself with to withstand more damage... Who the hell cares about your historical forums when all I want is to look good while killing stuff! To hell with realism, give me badass looking geralt who looks like he could tear you apart, not frumpy fat geralt who has food baby.
The Witcher setting and lore is different from other typical fantasy series like for example Dragon Age. Here people don't wear armorbikini and weapons twice bigger than their height.
Deal with it.

I like the look of all of the armor that y'all have posted images for. The details on the armors are amazing. Style is always subjective in any game. One has to admit that the artists for this game put their hearts into it. Thanks, CDPR for a beautiful game.

The Witcher setting and lore is different from other typical fantasy series like for example Dragon Age. Here people don't wear armorbikini and weapons twice bigger than their height.
Deal with it.

I have not once asked for gigantic FFVII Swords nor have I asked for any korean nonsense.

If you want to uphold your precious lore so much go and question why heavy armor makes Geralt look less like a stuffed pig - or why the Redanian Halberdiers Armor has quite a bit of metal on it (and is Medium armor) while the Bear armor has no metal at all and is heavy armor (its leather with mostly cloth).

If you want to hold the game to a higher standard at least do so on a consistent basis - I want Medium armor that makes Geralt look less like a stuffed pig and more like the badass that he is, no giant swords, no bikini's - if you can't understand that then clearly you shouldnt be on any forum nor interacting with any other being.

P.S - Yes all the armors really do look outstanding when you are considering the detail.

Griffin
Feline
Ursine
I am using the Ursine body and swords and the feline the rest, didn't mind for the sign boost since i already have +80% with mutagens

How do you have storage space for 3 full sets of armor and weapons?

Griffin
Feline
Ursine

Same, this game isnt too hard (IMO) even on death march that I dont need to be too strict on skills and what I wear, I wear ursine gauntlets and chestpiece for the nice looks and feline for boots and trousers for the stamina regen, also have enough sign abilities active so that stamina is not a problem

Ahh, rectified this.

I have basically increased the spell power and stamina regen from the Griffin Armor trait that improves both stats by a % per each piece of armor. I have increased it so that I can wear a single piece of Griffin armor and be at the same Spell/Stam rate that I would be if I had all 4 pieces on. So without taking much if any of a hit on my sign build I can wear whatever armor I like! (aslong as I wear 1 piece of Gryphon)

Last edited:
Where do you get them? Horse races? I am in Skellige at level 20 and have yet to see one in my 70 hours. Have only ever seen the ones with 70+.

you can get them early game if you have coin, after meeting the king of beggars the merchant in his area sells them for 750 crowns,

other then that they are won in a race in skelliege

Top Bottom