GRIMES IS LIZZY WIZZY!

+
Darn game, trying to appeal to people other than me. Anyone would think that I'm not the only person that buys videogames, though to be honest, if I weren't being forced to buy this game by an ancient curse, I'm not sure I would.

From the start they've been pandering to people that enjoy the cyberpunk genre, now popular music! What's next, Different languages? smh

Who is Mass Markette anyway, and why does he insist on vexing me?

[...]
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, who cares about gameplay, anyway?

I doubt this has significant effect on sales. Who here honestly can say they would not buy the game if it has no external artists and just custom build music by CDPR?

Last edited by a moderator:
Discuss the topic, not whatever moderation happens in the thread, please. Otherwise your post will be either edited, or entirely gone -- like just happened.

Discuss the topic, not whatever moderation happens in the thread, please. Otherwise your post will be either edited, or entirely gone -- like just happened.

I'm not sure if this counts as "discussing moderation" and if so I apologize, but is it also against the rules to elaborate upon and explain the rules for other forum users who either misunderstood or didn't read them?

I don't disagree with you, but not all rap is the same.

Also, what @Nithing said. :ROFLMAO:

From what we have seen the game is filled with swearing and sexual innuendos. Having gansta rap with explicit lyrics can be expected at this point. I don't care about music and artists per se, just the chosen artistic direction - its not what is generally expected from the genre and to me feels like attempt to get a bite of GTA audience. If these aspects are overdone the game can feel too juvenile and edgy.

From what we have seen the game is filled with swearing and sexual innuendos. Having gansta rap with explicit lyrics can be expected at this point. I don't care about music and artists per se, just the chosen artistic direction - its not what is generally expected from the genre and to me feels like attempt to get a bite of GTA audience. If these aspects are overdone the game can feel too juvenile and edgy.

I don't know that the chosen artistic direction is quite as obvious as you think. Obviously the game is supposed to be "edgy," I mean, it's based on Cyberpunk 2020 which was an incredibly edgy tabletop RPG. Juvenile, though? Not sure I agree with that. I swear like a sailor in real life, as does my SO, as does my family and friends. It's normal.

Swearing does not make a project or game or movie juvenile. From what I saw in the gameplay so far, curses are mostly used in appropriate contexts. Can you give me any examples of an "immature" use?

Rap is only one of the many types of music that will be in Cyberpunk, and from what I've herad, the others are bloody amazing. You heard Marcin Priavldflasblytz (can't spell his name ever), the composer? He posted snippets of the game's soundtrack on his Twitter. Sounds great.

I had other thoughts on the topic that I'd mentioned in my other post (hopefully you read it before it got thanos snapped) but I don't remember them, so I'll leave it at that for now.

The Lizzies images posted in this thread and what animals are shouting at you in combat.

There is nothing wrong with them unless these things get used too much that they lose any impact.
I agree about the Lizzies images. I really hope her "gang" (or fans?) aren't too annoying, but yeah, the graffiti and such we've seen so far does have me mildly concerned...

I doubt they push this to "edgy". Like the hotel name is "No Tell" hotel, its neutral. If the game was edgy, there is ton of fun names for that kind of stuff.

Btw, Rap music isnt expected, its confirmed, theres 3 hip-hop/rap artist already. Asap Rocky, Run the Jewels and Rat Boy.

I dont get the Lizzy images, seems like normal Fashion stuff to me.

Last edited:
Well I trust in CDPD. Sure I can see this series can be tough, but they just gotta keep the gameplay coming so players know they are playing game nothing more. Gameplay vs World seems the way to go, imho, even theres hos everywhere, players just playing the game etc.

Well I trust in CDPD. Sure I can see this series can be tough, but they just gotta keep the gameplay coming so players know they are playing game nothing more. Gameplay vs World seems the way to go, imho, even theres hos everywhere, players just playing the game etc.
o_O

>RAP DOESNT FIT CYBERPUNK REEEEEEEEEE

You think so?
Check this out then:

I would use rap and hip hop in cutscenes, maybe on the street you see on guy rapping but its way too slow for combat or driving etc. Or maybe if the combat is sluggish like Division series. Rap would actually work for Division series, i could definitely see myself killing enemies in rap beat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom