Gta vs cyberpunk

+
In what ways? GTA literally does everything better. And it came out years ago. Whilst GTA has been out for years, so you can't really compare the amount of content...You can objectively point out that GTA was released with better physics, ran better on consoles, and a boat load of more content.
...and only said content can really be attributed to the larger dev team size, the rest comes down to superior tech an skill.

...and only said content can really be attributed to the larger dev team size, the rest comes down to superior tech an skill.
I dunno, Rockstar had double the team size, but CDPR had 2-3x the time.

I would actually argue that a smaller team size would be better as it's less cooks in the kitchen and should have made it much easier to manage. Furthermore, those devs would have had more than double the time for planning and development.

Another good comparison would be Fallout 4 where Bethesda had less time than CDPR, a third of the budget and a fifth of the dev team size. They managed more dialogue options (4 per dialogue, though much for as an illusion vs whatever CP2077 had), 4 main factions that could be influenced and multiple endings with them, etc.

I'm not saying Fallout 4 was great (in fact I disliked it much so), but in my mind there was a lot it did much, much better than Cyberpunk with much, much less the resources and time and arguably a pretty incompetent and lazy dev team. There's no excuse there.

So I'm not even sure what you're arguing then. They're awful game designers thus awful city mechanic is working as intended and it's not a big deal because storytelling is good?
Well, to them. Yeah.. https://www.pcgamer.com/story-comes-first-in-the-making-of-cyberpunk-2077/
All these other aspects, are just 2nd things or serve as a pretty backdrop since their 2nd game. Like how they force walk you to take long walks in TW2 to cinematically absorb the scene and dialogue and there's no fast travel. And the combat in TW3 feels clunky but is cinematically animated. And Roach straight up was just not good compared to RDR2 and even 1. This is basically just like that. An interactive story with a bit more emergent interaction compared to Detroit or Tell Tale and the Deus Ex black box style missions were chosen as the combat gameplay direction. But all these similarities to other games really don't matter to them. The driving physics doesn't matter if it's done right or wrong but as long as it serves the purpose of getting you from point A to B in style. The crowd and the cops outside quests are nothing more than a part of the back drop to make the place feel populated but not heavily interactible as they don't do anything that contributes to the story. But things like shards, messages, emails are literally all over the place full of long scrolls and pages of texts, because the real demographic here are the readers and not really the gamers.

The engine limitations are clear as well. As impressive as the rendering is, they left out a lot of "insignificant details". They never placed bullet and bomb interactions in large pools of water like in TW3 most probably because they don't expect us to see it as often as the Aard skill hitting swamp waters and probably because it helps optimization. The LOD and spawning of vehicles from afar looks cheated and cars turn corners at 3fps. So with all these limitations, it gets even clearer that the engine was optimized to leave out extra things like stellar car physics, bullet-popping tire animations, and complex behavioral codes in huge crowds(cop spawning still won't get a pass from me) to make way for the dialogue trees that lead up to 5 different main endings, the large scale rendering with minimal loading times and other RPG like mechanics that take up the engine's resources. They didn't tailor the game to feature those "little things" simply because it doesn't contribute to the focus.

It's as if higher-ups wanted this game to reach the maximum audience to the point of false advertising while the Devs wanted to make a story for a niche crowd of listeners and readers.

But I dunno what you asked for. I definitely got what I wanted outside the story with a few minor gripes that might even be fixable with mods. Peepz in this forum told me years ago that a parkouring, mantis blades character that could clear out a room in seconds should hardly be possible because of the PnP rules. My gut was right to imagine such a build in a computer adaptation.

Why not make video naming everything that Cyberpunk has and GTA doesn't ? hundreds of features. Quite literaly.
Right? Compare the verticality. Compare the dialogue trees. Compare intriguingly(niche)written text in the shards that are largely scattered all over the place, the hacking, the braindance, the questlines, the black box missions, the playstyles, the skill and perk trees, the cyberware, the 5 main endings, and
1 secret ending.

Last edited:
I sincerly thanks all people making these comparisons, since it will stimulate CDPR to improve further with future releases on the sandbox aspects (and if we are lucky to have and enhanced edition for Cyberpunk, like they did back then with W1 and W2).

Having said that, it is quite simplistic to judge a game solely on NPC AI and physics.

Some additional points points:
1) what about gunplay? In GTA it is amatourish and simplistic at best (maybe it's intentional, but still...)
2) what about story and narrative? In GTA this is very good actually, but any CDPR game is on another level
3) what about combat variety? Does GTA have stealth and hacking?
4) what about art and visual style (not just polygon count). Cyberpunk is simply breathtaking, GTA is bland

Now that I think about it, would be really cool if Rockstar and CDPR joined forces to make a game together. It will be a masterpiece for sure.

Why not make video naming everything that Cyberpunk has and GTA doesn't ? hundreds of features. Quite literaly.
Name 20
Let me start in contrast...
NPC no matter what kind can be pulled into some sort of dialog
NPC´s actally reacting to threads
The option to step into a cap in the middle of nowhere and the AI will still be able to navigate you to your destination
collision avoidance
Police that actually chases you beyond two blocks aka Police not just spawning in behind you in an alley
variety of Hookers
Online Gameplay that holds up for years
The ability to change the look style of your vehicle
The ability to change your hairstyle
The ability to buy additional clothes / also exists in CP
The ability to redo missions
Multiple flying vehicles
questlines that guide you how to use such vehicles / flight training for example
boats / races
a variety off different races
Monster trucks
a pretty damn well thought out stroyline / epic characters such as trevor
a UI that works and wont let you stop and turn back everytime your speeding
several locations that look different from another
a weather system
not perfect but well made physx
mutiple characters to control
Heists
enough side stuff to do or just to explore
i could go on but im eager to hear about the 100 things CP has that GTA does not
you already named hacking, you cant name stealth since there is an element of stealth in GTA aswell if you want to play like that also there is blunt weapons and swords.
GTA has mutiple endings...
So that leaves you with augmentation - 99 to go the stage is yours
But as mentioned above this game never was made to do all of that, and as long as you are in the main story or on a sidequest it does its job pretty well.
Its just a shame that it doesnt have these things, otherwise it would be to good to believe.

Last edited:
Name 20
Let me start in contrast...
NPC no matter what kind can be pulled into some sort of dialog
NPC´s actally reacting to threads
The option to step into a cap in the middle of nowhere and the AI will still be able to navigate you to your destination
collision avoidance
Police that actually chases you beyond two blocks aka Police not just spawning in behind you in an alley
variety of Hookers
Online Gameplay that holds up for years
The ability to change the look style of your vehicle
The ability to change your hairstyle
The ability to buy additional clothes / also exists in CP
The ability to redo missions
Multiple flying vehicles
questlines that guide you how to use such vehicles / flight training for example
boats / races
a variety off different races
Monster trucks
a pretty damn well thought out stroyline / epic characters such as trevor
a UI that works and wont let you stop and turn back everytime your speeding
several locations that look different from another
a weather system
not perfect but well made physx
mutiple characters to control
Heists
enough side stuff to do or just to explore
i could go on but im eager to hear about the 100 things CP has that GTA does not
you already named hacking, you cant name stealth since there is an element of stealth in GTA aswell if you want to play like that also there is blunt weapons and swords.
GTA has mutiple endings...
So that leaves you with augmentation - 99 to go the stage is yours

Very well said.

Suddenly, wanting the game to be well done, just like GTA V was in 2013 (7 years ago), is expecting Cyberpunk 2077 to be GTA V. Everything that remembers some sort of realistic reaction suddenly becomes "expecting GTA V".

Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't even have decent tutorials, decent physics, water reacting to shots, police AI, NPCs reacting to what the player does, even explosions under water are a joke!

Nobody that makes that comparison expects Cyberpunk 2077 to be GTA V. They expect the open world to be alive, reactive to the player and that it work properly, but even the bare minimum isn't there!

Even calling the car doesn't work properly.

But if you expect these things to be well done, you're suddenly expecting the next GTA V? Come on!

Le me put it more clear: Cyberpunk is Cyberpunk, a mature RPG game open world with actions elements. GTA (to me) its a game to kids shoot pedestrians... or destruct a city... for no reasons, no one... in my opinion. :)

In my Opinion it's more accurate a action Shooter with rpg effects and linear story with high end graphics.

And I think you can't directly compare this two games because the vision and handling of development is different. Under the line Rockstar games does there homework better and we will see in one year where cyberpunk stands. For now I would advice not to touch the game if you are disappointed and reevaluate in a year. But sure thing I never ever will pre order something from CD red and will surely wait 1 to two months to find out if there next game will have the substance I am looking for.

But one thing as an addition. Some Twitter posts and the statement of the saves that you shouldn't endlessly reload your game and try to do everything and the point where the? Dev/producer? Twitters about the to high expectations of the game - are kind of pure. Madness.

I would like to know how much they pushed out for advertising cyberpunk?

In my Opinion it's more accurate a action Shooter with rpg effects and linear story with high end graphics.

And I think you can't directly compare this two games because the vision and handling of development is different. Under the line Rockstar games does there homework better and we will see in one year where cyberpunk stands. For now I would advice not to touch the game if you are disappointed and reevaluate in a year. But sure thing I never ever will pre order something from CD red and will surely wait 1 to two months to find out if there next game will have the substance I am looking for.

But one thing as an addition. Some Twitter posts and the statement of the saves that you shouldn't endlessly reload your game and try to do everything and the point where the? Dev/producer? Twitters about the to high expectations of the game - are kind of pure. Madness.

I would like to know how much they pushed out for advertising cyberpunk?

It (CP) was supposed to be ...

I Feel t
Even the 48 minute demo had way more life in it than the released game we have now. What happened exactly? Did CDPR purposely cut content to meat a deadline or something?
I Feel the exact same. What happened to that game? It is clearly not what we are left with now. This feels like the bare bones, the very skeleton of what that game was supoosed to be.

I know us gamers hyped this game up a lot! And maybe we did expect too much, but they sure helped fuel the fire.

I Feel t

I Feel the exact same. What happened to that game? It is clearly not what we are left with now. This feels like the bare bones, the very skeleton of what that game was supoosed to be.

I know us gamers hyped this game up a lot! And maybe we did expect too much, but they sure helped fuel the fire.

Not only that, what about the latest promotional videos

Cyberpunk 2077 - Gangs of Night City

Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire

Cyberpunk 2077 - Lifepaths

Cyberpunk 2077 - 2077 in Style

:/

I Feel t

You see my friend if there is one thing i have learned from Peter Molyneux is to never EVER lesson to developer interview before the game comes out or even watch gameplay demos and assume its the final product ,they are not necessarily lying but sometimes developers can be way too ambitious for their own good that the end product will be nothing like it was hyped up to be ,I remember hating Fable 1 with burning passion because of how much Peter Molyneux hyped it up to be ,however after playing it later on i realized that the game was damn excellent in its own right and it was thanks to his ambition believe it or not.

Most people who are enjoying Cyberpunk are the ones who had reasonable expectations Creating a new IP especially the first Cyberpunk open world game is a bitch on its own ,they played it safe and cut many features in many areas i seriously hope they add them in a future update or even an expansion ,but the thing is that if you want to add every feature that the developer wanted then you will end up with a typical bethesda game ,where it does MANY things but it masters none thats why skyrim is often described as big as the ocean but deep as a puddle.

I really hope CDPR does NOT make Cyberpunk more like GTA.

GTA characters motivation was literally "I'm going to kill a bunch of people for money just because I can." For some people that is clearly enough. Funny how people complain about lack of choice in CP2077 then talk about GTA, like there is any choice(s) in GTA.

Cyberpunk has an actual story. You may not like the story. But you know what, not everyone needs to like everything. Maybe you just now found out that you don't actually like Sci-fi. It's fine, many people don't.

Personally I love sci-fi and the writing in CP2077 is right on point.

Graphically there is really no comparison. One is made for 720p machines to run it and the other is for 4k with real time ray tracing.

I really hope CDPR does NOT make Cyberpunk more like GTA.

GTA characters motivation was literally "I'm going to kill a bunch of people for money just because I can." For some people that is clearly enough. Funny how people complain about lack of choice in CP2077 then talk about GTA, like there is any choice(s) in GTA.

Cyberpunk has an actual story. You may not like the story. But you know what, not everyone needs to like everything. Maybe you just now found out that you don't actually like Sci-fi. It's fine, many people don't.

Personally I love sci-fi and the writing in CP2077 is right on point.

Graphically there is really no comparison. One is made for 720p machines to run it and the other is for 4k with real time ray tracing.

You know, CP77 was supposed to be RPG initially, then they changed it into action-adventure story game, which is exactly what GTA is and, thus, comparison more than appropriate if CDPR states that their game is from the same genre as GTA. Sure, the story and music is better in CP77 but everything else is not even close. Notice that a lot of people still think that CP77 is an RPG, despite official CDPR description lists it as action adventure.

You know, CP77 was supposed to be RPG initially, then they changed it into action-adventure story game, which is exactly what GTA is and, thus, comparison more than appropriate if CDPR states that their game is from the same genre as GTA. Sure, the story and music is better in CP77 but everything else is not even close. Notice that a lot of people still think that CP77 is an RPG, despite official CDPR description lists it as action adventure.

One game is literally called Grand Theft Auto. It's like saying Skyrim is not like GTA. No kidding. You are right, it's nothing like a game that is literally just about stealing cars and robbing people/places.

I'm rally glad its nothing like GTA. GTA is boring game play, designed to react to everything you do because that's all it has. Auto-aim gangster fantasy.

One game is literally called Grand Theft Auto. It's like saying Skyrim is not like GTA...
Dude, Skyrim is an RPG game, unlike CP77. What Skyrim has to do with action adventure games? CP77, GTA, RDR2, FarCry series are action adventures.

Top Bottom