Gta vs cyberpunk

+
This... All of this... BRUH!!
First of all, the speaker of the demo start saying "this is justa glimpse let you see what COULD be in the game"

What is removed changes is:
1) backstory changed to origin in character creation --> not a feature removed
2) bug when calling you is not sitting on a car --> LOL is this even a feature removed?
3) lethal takedown with pistol removed --> this was definetly cool, maybe they realized later is too difficult to put a different lethal animation for each gun
4) cutscenes in 3rd person --> changed to first person
There is no comparison of colors, but of mechanics. GTA SA manages to be infinitely superior to a game made in 2020, promised by the company as something like that. It's simple. I'm comparing mechanics ... something that should have been treated with respect and affection by CDPR and it wasn't. The mechanics of CP is something between deplorable and absurd, it is so bad. But why is it bad? Because it was thought in a simplistic way, it came from the designer who insisted on the mediocre idea that Night City should be a Disneyland style city ... and he could have thought of something more like Blade Runner 2049 - more bucolic climate, with fewer NPCs, but better group or even individual mechanics over those NPCs.

There is not only one story supporting a design idea, there are several in Cyberpunk, they could have taken advantage of that, but, once again, the person responsible for the overall design of the game, submitted to the logic of the 'immediate' ... the 'ah, leave it anyway, they will like it '... he was afraid to take risks, he was afraid to dare. GTA did parts with a crowd and then, did CDPR have to copy that? For what? Give an idea of megalopolis? I could have done it in another way ... to avoid obvious technical limits to what we have of technology available today. Creativity was lacking, imagination was lacking ... because they treated CP as a purely technical piece.

There are elements to praise in CP, of course there are. But they are overshadowed by the immense, giant, lack of creativity in game design (here in its most general sense which involves mechanics, sounds, etc.) ...

It is clear that CP will compare to any game, there is talk of GTA by the mechanics involved almost or more than a decade ago.
Post automatically merged:

Mechanics are compared, but by way of illustration, although there is a universe - time, inclusive. So in an illustrative way.

- never do anything that seeks realism with the technologies we have today thinking about something 'new', 'sci fi', especially urban, and what it will involve (and it will involve a universe of things, from an immensity of polygons, shadows, lights, reflections, particles, even multitudes/crowd of complex behavior amid objects that collide) This is old, this search is old and it cannot work in this or that way ... and it will not work because it will, inevitably, bump into hardware limits. Use the imagination. Instead of starting from conceptual art to the 'hard polygon' with a 'shader', do exactly the opposite, starting from what is a real idea for the illustration of this, for the representation of this. Resolved the problem! There is a game with the same theme 'sci fi', thought like that and it worked and made by half a dozen developers - literally, six people. Award winning game, even - takes place in a city.

- never do anything that seeks realism about lights - it is one of the things that weighs most in games, lights, shadows, reflection, volume of particles (fog, etc.) ... our technology is stupid still about. Texture (shaders, combination) the same thing ... although there are some 'but' here - 'bump', 'displace ...' ... these are things that - in general - give problems in complex contexts. Deviate from this by color, with the use of color (the same goes for global shadows that fade 'light shadow', contact surfaces, etc.). This technique is old and absurdly efficient when you know how to use it. Use shaders that allow the representation of things, not as they should be, really ... 'copy / paste maps' (this is stupid and only works in games like Death Strand ... where almost everything is 'painted' and that type of material appears rarely in the rare buildings that exist, in boxes, etc.).

- crowds - is it merely a number or can we represent it? 'It's cold, the climate has changed in the world in recent years due to the exploitation of monopolies by natural resources' ... ready, the big dilemma' crowds ... solved ...

Etc ... it's the general idea that fails and makes everything else go wrong!

GTA SA is just a reskin of Vice City, which in turn is a reskin of GTA 3, Rockstar took no risk there. Also it is not a superior game to Cyberpunk. It has traffic AI and police chases superior, but that's it. Anything else (gunplay, melee, storytelling, character design, art styles in clothes and architecture, ability and skills progression) is better in Cyberpunk.

CDPR took a risk with Cyberpunk, they had to experiment with something completly new for them. They could have done easly a Witcher 4 in half the time resuing most assets and sold millions based on the popularity of the Witcher franchise.

First of all, the speaker of the demo start saying "this is justa glimpse let you see what COULD be in the game"

What is removed changes is:
1) backstory changed to origin in character creation --> not a feature removed
2) bug when calling you is not sitting on a car --> LOL is this even a feature removed?
3) lethal takedown with pistol removed --> this was definetly cool, maybe they realized later is too difficult to put a different lethal animation for each gun
4) cutscenes in 3rd person --> changed to first person

GTA SA is just a reskin of Vice City, which in turn is a reskin of GTA 3, Rockstar took no risk there. Also it is not a superior game to Cyberpunk. It has traffic AI and police chases superior, but that's it. Anything else (gunplay, melee, storytelling, character design, art styles in clothes and architecture, ability and skills progression) is better in Cyberpunk.

CDPR took a risk with Cyberpunk, they had to experiment with something completly new for them. They could have done easly a Witcher 4 in half the time resuing most assets and sold millions based on the popularity of the Witcher franchise.

Reserved due historical times - you ignore that - with its technological limitations, unfortunately yes, GTA 3, whatever it is, is something infinitely superior to CP (in everything). GTA 3 innovated in its day, CP copied ideas, did not dare, did not risk ... preferred the easiest way to sell game copies and save investors ... a purely market logic about games. The result is this tragedy or multiplatform fiasco, as expected. Company ceos called this 'underestimation'. I agree, they even underestimated the intelligence of others ... as they continue to underestimate their base community, despising it, in my opinion (that's why the game's directors don't even show up here to debate - they think they're 'gods' ...)

Simple market logic ... more of the same ...

Reserved due historical times - you ignore that - with its technological limitations, unfortunately yes, GTA 3, whatever it is, is something infinitely superior to CP (in everything). GTA 3 innovated in its day, CP copied ideas, did not dare, did not risk ... preferred the easiest way to sell game copies and save investors ... a purely market logic about games. The result is this tragedy or multiplatform fiasco, as expected. Company ceos called this 'underestimation'. I agree, they even underestimated the intelligence of others ... as they continue to underestimate their base community, despising it, in my opinion (that's why the game's directors don't even show up here to debate - they think they're 'gods' ...)

Simple market logic ... more of the same ...
We are discussing tastes now. I get you do not agree, but I infinitely prefer combat and story in CP2077 than in any GTA games. For me only Red Dead 2 (after being patched out, for the first month it was unplayable on PC) can compare to CP2077 in terms of quality.

We are discussing tastes now. I get you do not agree, but I infinitely prefer combat and story in CP2077 than in any GTA games. For me only Red Dead 2 (after being patched out, for the first month it was unplayable on PC) can compare to CP2077 in terms of quality.

'taste'? Wrong, i HATE GTA, any title or version of this crap... sorry. I am arguing something else, that creativity is able to mitigate technological limits, creativity that is lacking in CP for market reasons, financially, exclusively. CP was born as a dead game because it didn't dare to 'please', but to sell.

Most definitely that cyberpunk can and should be compared to gta 5 ...
just at this point you dont take on the king and expect to beat it on your first attempt which is whats happened here ..
there are fundamentals that are like WTF why cd red did you just leave that out ..
for example
car customization and the ability to have a place to store your purchased vehicles and in game character customization

but npc AI , police AI and AI in general takes time to learn and develop
although police AI cd red kind dropped the ball on that one ( really bad in my opinion )

car physics well thats a tough one for me cyberpunk isnt great and gta 5 feels really good but is gta really a car simulation or do we just use gta as the this is the benchmark for car physics so it must be the same ?

i even remember back to midnight club days way back when rockstar was the cd red of driving games totally eclipsed by the likes of grand turismo etc for car physics !!

i just hope this outing of a cyberpunk game with the obvious things that have failed or not been developed correctly ruin the chances of a better developed cyberpunk game in the future

in essence i think cyberpunk 2077 is a good showing that needs a ton of development and time to reach its full potential

just at this point you dont take on the king and expect to beat it on your first attempt which is whats happened here ..
there are fundamentals that are like WTF why cd red did you just leave that out ..
for example
car customization and the ability to have a place to store your purchased vehicles and in game character customization

although police AI cd red kind dropped the ball on that one ( really bad in my opinion )

car physics well thats a tough one for me cyberpunk isnt great and gta 5 feels really good but is gta really a car simulation or do we just use gta as the this is the benchmark for car physics so it must be the same ?

i even remember back to midnight club days way back when rockstar was the cd red of driving games totally eclipsed by the likes of grand turismo etc for car physics !!

i just hope this outing of a cyberpunk game with the obvious things that have failed or not been developed correctly ruin the chances of a better developed cyberpunk game in the future

in essence i think cyberpunk 2077 is a good showing that needs a ton of development and time to reach its full potential

The game can be polished to the extreme, everything fixed and will continue to be horrible, because it was designed, made to die ... to subject the player to a bad narrative. This has nothing to do with 'Open World' where decisions matter ... (some decisions change some dialogues, exclusively and only that and that alone demonstrates the creative mediocrity or the 'copy / paste' of what is old, does not innovate).

'taste'? Wrong, i HATE GTA, any title or version of this crap... sorry. I am arguing something else, that creativity is able to mitigate technological limits, creativity that is lacking in CP for market reasons, financially, exclusively. CP was born as a dead game because it didn't dare to 'please', but to sell.
For what it matters, it is pleasing me, at least for now... (I have yet to finish the game).

From what I've seen / heard the only disappointing thing is that life-paths are not so deeply developed, but I can live with that. With Witcher 2 CDPR managed to deliver the game with most meaninful decision (the second part of the game was COMPLETLY different based on a choice made during the intro), but many, me included, complained about getting two half games instead of one complete game.

For what it matters, it is pleasing me, at least for now... (I have yet to finish the game).

From what I've seen / heard the only disappointing thing is that life-paths are not so deeply developed, but I can live with that. With Witcher 2 CDPR managed to deliver the game with most meaninful decision (the second part of the game was COMPLETLY different based on a choice made during the intro), but many, me included, complained about getting two half games instead of one complete game.
Funny how people differ. I much prefer the Witcher 2 approach than the single linear story we got in CP77.

Is this its a escuse, i have 200 hours in game, i ll have more 200 hours... so? Why i can do it? Ask it.

Why can I do this or use the game that way - creatively - something that doesn't seem to be common to players who complain about 'n' problems in the game?

I don't think you understand yet. What modifies a code is what is intended with that code. Nothing exists, due to the work or rational product of a brain, without the 'idea' that conceives it. That's what I've been writing around here.

When the idea itself is bad, anything that results from that idea, it will be bad or it tends to be bad where the parameter is immersion (a collective feeling or concept, coined by social history which is a collective story).

Funny how people differ. I much prefer the Witcher 2 approach than the single linear story we got in CP77.

Open World its the future. :)

Is this its a escuse, i have 200 hours in game, i ll have more 200 hours... so? Why i can do it? Ask it.

Why can I do this or use the game that way - creatively - something that doesn't seem to be common to players who complain about 'n' problems in the game?

I don't think you understand yet. What modifies a code is what is intended with that code. Nothing exists, due to the work or rational product of a brain, without the 'idea' that conceives it. That's what I've been writing around here.

When the idea itself is bad, anything that results from that idea, it will be bad or it tends to be bad where the parameter is immersion (a collective feeling or concept, coined by social history which is a collective story).

Open World its the future. :)
How can you play 200 hrs of a game you consider mediocre? Guess there is lockdown in your contry :)

for example

Am I the only one not terribly bothered by all this things?
For example NPC interactions and AI that is often mentioned eveywhere. I walk by the street, see hundreds of anonymous civilians. I do not care about them. They do not care about me. Like in real life. I do not want to punch them, I do not want to murder them, what reason could I have? They could all be immortal like the children are for what I care.

But still I am expecting CDPR to add those things, just to appease the masses. Thay said they want to regain the trust of community and restore their reputation, so doing something that a lot of people ask would be the smart thing to do.

The game can be polished to the extreme, everything fixed and will continue to be horrible, because it was designed, made to die ... to subject the player to a bad narrative. This has nothing to do with 'Open World' where decisions matter ... (some decisions change some dialogues, exclusively and only that and that alone demonstrates the creative mediocrity or the 'copy / paste' of what is old, does not innovate).
i have said nothing about story if you want to compare it to gta where story is concerned in fact in all gta games there has been little to no open world decisions that really matter or fundamentally change the outcome of the game in a huge way ...

i love gta 5s story i believe its better than cyberpunks but does gta really innovate with each new outing ?
i have played every gta game even back to the top view 2d version but gta 3 was the begin and nothing has really innovated the story from back then!!
They have used the same formula for over 25 years good story, kill stuff ,steal and drive cars and it works !!!

i have said nothing about story if you want to compare it to gta where story is concerned in fact in all gta games there has been little to no open world decisions that really matter or fundamentally change the outcome of the game in a huge way ...

i love gta 5s story i believe its better than cyberpunks but does gta really innovate with each new outing ?
i have played every gta game even back to the top view 2d version but gta 3 was the begin and nothing has really innovated the story from back then!!
They have used the same formula for over 25 years good story, kill stuff ,steal and drive cars and it works !!!

I dont play GTA... i really dont like it.

How can you play 200 hrs of a game you consider mediocre? Guess there is lockdown in your contry :)

For example NPC interactions and AI that is often mentioned eveywhere. I walk by the street, see hundreds of anonymous civilians. I do not care about them. They do not care about me. Like in real life. I do not want to punch them, I do not want to murder them, what reason could I have? They could all be immortal like the children are for what I care.

But still I am expecting CDPR to add those things, just to appease the masses. Thay said they want to regain the trust of community and restore their reputation, so doing something that a lot of people ask would be the smart thing to do.

Yeap, its like my life, mediocre, not by choice... but by impositions ... it's life. We keep 'surviving' (the expression comes from here, inclusive). but I have no intention of convincing you otherwise ...

And i agree if im being picky yes the AI is kinda bad but in general i dont sit there and watch what npcs do for hours on end to see if there better or worse than gta or another games ... i think its just a thing to compare to a titan which is gta thats had decades to develop there games!!

And i agree if im being picky yes the AI is kinda bad but in general i dont sit there and watch what npcs do for hours on end to see if there better or worse than gta or another games ... i think its just a thing to compare to a titan which is gta thats had decades to develop there games!!

It was an extremely easy problem to circumvent (avoid) just by using the eschatology of climate altered by corporations (that is, the narrative used here to alter the mechanics). :rolleyes:

Another exemple? Aerial Vehicles...

Why use a model that has about 300 polys, in distance, when close, about 1200 or on average ... when we can, simply use 'points of light' that flash made with texture and 'glow' (something common in all engines) in a simple plane with two triangles with an alpha shader to give shape. The speed and blur effect to disguise ...? Novelty? Technique used in many games to simulate vehicles at a distance, including cinema, TV advertising, etc.

Just illustrating in a simple way things that could alleviate problems ...

Last edited:
There is a brutal difference in the general conception of the Mechanic of TW3 and CP. CP was literally meant to fail. TW3 was thought to work, it is extremely simple. Eventual technical problems are easily overcome (and games can be reduced to 'gambiarras' - the 'illusion of the illusion of Ilusion') by mere creative decisions. NPCs, as a simple example ... that has generated performance problems ... why so many? Illustrate what, an idea, a story? Easy to get around, use the cold as Blade Runner used rain to mask the absence of computer technologies in 1982 ... they are simple, absurdly simple things that could be used and were not for the mere arrogance of CDPR art directors who were sailing in the false idea that they would make the 'game of the decade'. They did not innovate in anything, not even in physics.

Im just telling it like it is and even in the video I linked Johh from DF says the jump from CP to witcher 3 is massive doesnt mean everything will pan out but for the sake of something new im glad that they at least tried people complain how the game industry doesn't innovate your not going to get any innovation if people dont try.

Im just telling it like it is and even in the video I linked Johh from DF says the jump from CP to witcher 3 is massive doesnt mean everything will pan out but for the sake of something new im glad that they at least tried people complain how the game industry doesn't innovate your not going to get any innovation if people dont try.

Yes, I understand and agree with you about. I would choose some other paths, I would propose other things. But then, yes, something very subjective, although dealing with common themes or, for example, elements of technique.

I also don't want to impose what I think about 'rains', 'alphas', etc.

lol ok. Have fun driving around in an empty city with nothing to do. And yes, story writing centered around everything except your own character with dialogue "options" that change nothing about the story...is so riveting.

Tmtr

So what did you buy cyberpunk for, or more importantly, what do you enjoy about cyberpunk? Besides the looks
City is not empty, is full of quests. Now tell me please why you consider Night City empty and not Los Santos. I believe the amount of story quests is comparable.

City is not empty, is full of quests. Now tell me please why you consider Night City empty and not Los Santos. I believe the amount of story quests is comparable.
Yeah you can only pretty much do nothing but crime and races in gta. Cyberpunk has a shit ton of Black Box missions and PoIs

People don't get the point that this^ is how it's meant to be played in and out of the main and side quests. Not mindlessly driving around crashing on civies

Last edited:
Yeah you can only pretty much do nothing but crime and races in gta. Cyberpunk has a shit ton of Black Box missions and PoIs

People don't get the point that this^ is how it's meant to be played in and out of the main and side quests. Not mindlessly driving around crashing on civies
Combat is too simplistic and lackluster in GTA, while it is awsome in Cyberpunk. You can do a lot of crazy ass build that provides a lot of variety during combat.

Top Bottom