Gta vs cyberpunk

+
This is not even GTA... this is wait for it... A MOBILE GAME ... and it does almost everything BETTER... what the actual ....
Im just done ..

Asynchronous comparisons. CP2077 has more in common with Skyrim/Fallout, DS:HR & Hitman series than GTA . For all the detail Rockstar pour into their games, their mission design is Route 1, and if you stray off the path it's game over. Despite its present faults, CP2077 has a lot more going on under the hood.

Oh, by the way, just happened to find this video showcasing everything Cyberpunk does way better than all those GTA games in regards to physics.

Should bring back some balance into this whole discussion and prove once and for all there's blind hate on the game physics regardless of whatever mechanics it actually does right :

Oh, by the way, just happened to find this video showcasing everything Cyberpunk does way better than all those GTA games in regards to physics.

Should bring back some balance into this whole discussion and prove once and for all there's blind hate on the game physics regardless of whatever mechanics it actually does right :

Interesting take. Another showcase of its underlying potential. Still has a ways to go though.

Seen a few comments saying the comparison is flawed or misdirecting with whataboutism. Making excuses and sweeping these issues under the rug isn't going to help improve this game. If CDPR want to create a believable Night City in the future they should look to other games in the genre for inspiration, especially if it's their first time in this endeavour.

It's not about who's better, it's about what Cyberpunk can do better.

Im having fun with cyberpunk , but it was kinda obvious that they world woulnt be as detailed and rich as GTA i mean those guys have like +20 years of experience making open worlds.
I still like Cyberpunk genre more , gta got boring quick for me

And there's also comparisons with the 10 year old Saints Row 3:

They already acknowledged that AI pathing issue is a bug.

Im having fun with cyberpunk , but it was kinda obvious that they world woulnt be as detailed and rich as GTA i mean those guys have like +20 years of experience making open worlds.
I still like Cyberpunk genre more , gta got boring quick for me

It's a steady base to build upon, is the way I see it.

Asynchronous comparisons. CP2077 has more in common with Skyrim/Fallout,

Nope, it really doesn't. There's almost nothing you can interact with in Night City. Skyrim/Fallout have much more interactive worlds and NPCs. Which is probably why CDPR decided to refer to Cyperpunk 2077 as an 'action adventure' and not an RPG. It has a lot more in common with GTAV imo.

Nope, it really doesn't. There's almost nothing you can interact with in Night City. Skyrim/Fallout have much more interactive worlds and NPCs. Which is probably why CDPR decided to refer to Cyperpunk 2077 as an 'action adventure' and not an RPG. It has a lot more in common with GTAV imo.

You missed off half of what I said: -

Asynchronous comparisons. CP2077 has more in common with Skyrim/Fallout, DS:HR & Hitman series than GTA . For all the detail Rockstar pour into their games, their mission design is Route 1, and if you stray off the path it's game over. Despite its present faults, CP2077 has a lot more going on under the hood.

Don't cheery pick words simply in order to make waves, it's a bad look.

You missed off half of what I said: -

Don't cheery pick words simply in order to make waves, it's a bad look.

Don't make daft comparisons then. Also, 95% of the dialogue choices in CP77 are meaningless. Add that to all the lack of interactivity in the open world, and there's a lot LESS going on under the hood than you think.

GTA is a completely different kind of game. Driving in Cyberpunk is more about going from A-B in the environment. GTA is literally all about cars, and basically has been since its conception. Cyberpunk is about the setting and stories inside that setting.

I think its just silly to compare a game literally with a title about stealing cars to a game that is about many more concepts. Of course GTA is going to be better at this. Cars are GTAs whole shtick. Not to say Cyberpunk is perfect, and I really hope things are improved with the car AI and physics specifically, but the complaint it isn't as good as GTA isn't really fair.

GTA is a completely different kind of game. Driving in Cyberpunk is more about going from A-B in the environment. GTA is literally all about cars, and basically has been since its conception. Cyberpunk is about the setting and stories inside that setting.

I think its just silly to compare a game literally with a title about stealing cars to a game that is about many more concepts. Of course GTA is going to be better at this. Cars are GTAs whole shtick. Not to say Cyberpunk is perfect, and I really hope things are improved with the car AI and physics specifically, but the complaint it isn't as good as GTA isn't really fair.

At this moment yes. But it was repeated many times to be weeks and months before being released
next generation of open world adventure
welcome to the next generation of open world adventure
There was even the customization of vehicles but it was discarded / postponed
Although the vehicle chases were announced that were not going to be isolated events, for now they are all under a script.
NCPD police can chase you in a vehicle but it does not work as it should,

It has a lot more in common with GTAV imo.
how? GTA and Saints Row doesn't have skill trees, dialogue trees, crafting, an abundance of vertical interior levels and black box missions, cyberware, hacking, a crap ton of loot, shards and upgrades, a single loading screen, and a massive crowd that while it is brain dead, buggy and unfinished, is still massive compared to GTA. And that hogs up performance. Regardless if these elements are done well or not in your own personal opinion, it is still a fact that these elements exist here and gta doesn't have them. Only 2 things are familiar and not even remotely similar in regards to design and purpose is that it's set in a metropolis and you can drive around. Call it what you want. An RPG-lite, action-adventure. It's still a shallow comparison of 2 games that have immensely different game directions aside from the only 2 things I mentioned. Even the gunplay is vastly different despite having guns in both games. You don't have smart weapons in gta that home on targets and the aiming is purposely sluggish. No combat icons either that have grouped up enemies akin to TW3's monster and bandit camps. Mission/quest designs aren't even remotely similar to GTA. You're thrown into linear missions in GTA that fails you when you don't follow the instructions. CP has black box missions. Some story quests are scripted but most of the game, you're just given an objective and you're free to approach it however you like.

CP2077 is Deus Ex-lite with cars, a wider array of weapon choices and a lot of dialogue. No, not talking about non-linearity or the lack of it or the "meaningless" dialogue options. I'm talking about the amount of talking in this game is very high. Again, that's just a fact regardless of your personal subjective opinion of how the game has a good or a trash story.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
To those complaining about TPP animations after seeing the TPP mod, set aside the bugs and the unfinished state it's in and just be aware that animations are and will always be "cheated" in 1st person. Animation assets used are different between you and other players PoVs in multiplayer games like Dying Light and GTAO. So don't expect improvement in CP's animations until the Multiplayer drops. Even GTAO can have those weird, cheated placements despite having third-person animations as a solid base.

Last edited:
Don't make daft comparisons then. Also, 95% of the dialogue choices in CP77 are meaningless. Add that to all the lack of interactivity in the open world, and there's a lot LESS going on under the hood than you think.

I'm not. You're merely self inserting your grievances into what I said. CP2077 does have more in common with those titles than GTA V, in terms of how it operates systemically. I didn't say it was an RPG, you did, so you're basically arguing with yourself, not with me. :shrug:

Still as regards your '95%' claim (which I've seen people bandy around a lot, presumably because some Youtuber said it). An easy statement to make, but its all reliant on what one qualifies as 'meaningful' in the first place. Few if any games ('RPG' or otherwise) are open-ended, but instead operate in a frame of decisions, that still steer one to a particular series of conclusions. Case in point lets take Disco Elysium for instance. A fantastic game, that is a rollercoaster of options, and a joy to play, but it still narrows down to a few conclusions at the end. The joy of the experience of the game is in the journey and the writing and what it means to you at the end of the day.

Boys and girls, especially those of you who's pretty young, i have something really special for you and CDPR developers. This is 20 years old PS2 game which isn't focused on water interaction but still has water simulation. Year 2001

And yet for all that the gameplay still largely consists of driving around a city gunning bad guys down, and little else, because all the systems you've mentioned were too poorly implemented to fundamentally change the nature of the gameplay away from a shallow action shooter with a story.

And yet for all that the gameplay still largely consists of driving around a city gunning bad guys down

Isn't that all action-oriented games then? Going around and killing things in a nutshell? Except in CP you can actually finish it without killing. You want ALL action-oriented games to suddenly change from killing into what? hugs and kisses? And I'm talking about the GTA comparison here. Which integral part of a game called Grand Theft Auto do you actually gun down the bad guys in the open world? you play as a full-on criminal in that game and not a merc. You don't kill violent gangs on every corner or illegal traffickers or rapists, do rescue missions and investigations, listen to the police radio, or get called by the police themselves to do their job. You only rob civilians, civilians drop money when they die, and the police are against you.

So again, regardless of your personal subjective opinion about how shallow or poorly implemented the systems are or what genre it is to you. It still doesn't change the fact that the elements are technically present and the gameplay direction of CP is vastly different compared to GTA.

On a personal note. Your subjective opinion is just your own because I sure didn't feel that way on my playthrough. I'm not gonna defend what's lacking and the sorry unfinished state it's in. But I felt the multiple options and possibilities I was given when approaching countless black-box sequences and I felt the "investigation" in the mystery sequences. GTA and RDR2? Now THAT is an extremely shallow shooter that I dropped half-way through. Amazing physics and detail but everything still boils down to linear paths that fails you if you don't follow specific instructions. Every single combat scenario is basic cover shooting and vehicle chases. No black box levels. No non-lethal options. No full melee or pacifist playthroughs. Very few options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom