Gta vs cyberpunk

+
Don't know, last GTA I was playing was IV. Bought it on day one and was disappointed by the "cut content".
I really enjoyed GTA San Andreas, especially plentiful of clothing shops, tattoos and car mods. I taken for granted that all this stuff will be in GTA IV. It wasn't, beside some joke of a clothing shop: glasses and hat that was falling from the head.

Wow, you had to resort to a 8 years old game to blow smoke up CP2077 ass :coolstory:
For it's time GTA was a very good game, with a beautiful ost and story. Vehicles are plenty as are, in general, the things you can do in the game. It was also recently added a FPP, making it even more immersive.
And, as many others have said, comparing the areas they have in common, GTA 5 wins, hand down.
All in all it feels as a more "cohesive" experience, both in style and story.

GTA V is way more polished and, and this is probably what matters the most, is more functional. That said, I enjoyed GTA V a lot. Cyberpunk 2077? I enjoy it immensly, I've yet to complete the game mind you, so I couldn't have formed a comrehensive "feeling" for the game, but what I've seen so far I mostly loved.

I haven't touched a GTA title since Vice City because of the copy paste nature of those games. Boring. One cannot compare GTA to CP2077 simply because Rockstar do modern Open World Games. This is realistically CDPR's First Open World Modern/sci-fi based game, Witcher 3 was open world (ish) But still not an RPG in this scale, They worked within the frame of a franchise and did it well, now Cyberpunk is 100% new territory for them. They don't have decades of experience, I first played GTA 1 on Playstation in the late 1990's, CDPR hasn't got over 22 years of experience making Cyberpunk titles. Rockstar Have made many GTA Games, and you're trying to compare them to Cyberpunk, for one, that's not fair.

i played gta V a few hours and lost interest pretty quickly
the formular hasnt changed that much since 1997

if you want more realistic crowd behaviour when going on a rampage, play gta.
if you want an engaging story with characters that feel almost alive, play cyberpunk.

No it's not. All rockstar games are very superficial. The only thing they have going on for them is the wow factor of the so called open world. Writing/story/gameplay, all very swallow and way below average. Extremely overrated, overhyped games, at least IMO. CP does have alot of inexcusable problems though.

:coolstory: RDR2 writing and story way below average? CP2077 dialogues are 50% cussing words and the other 50% average teenage angst rant trying to be somehow deep and emotional, not to mention the number of narrative holes and fragmented narratives.
Of course I respect your opinion but man, if only the average game was as good as RDR2 we would basically a long list of masterpieces every year.

GTA 5 was released 10(!) years ago on PS3/X360. It's kinda strange to compare with Cyberpunk, which supposed to be next gen.

But yes, it is better than Cyberpunk on almost every technological aspect. AI, interaction with a city, with a police and gangs, city behavior, driving, car damage physics, overall physics and animation, mini activities, the level and amount of things to do in the city.

Dialogs, voice acting and characters are great too. The story itself is less complex and dramatic than Cyberpunk's one, but fine for it's genre.

Combat - here I prefer Cyberpunk, don't like Rockstar's "shoot them all" style.

The city design is better in Cyberpunk too.

The problem is not only that Cyberpunk can't reach GTA level of city behavior, but it also can't reach decent roleplaying level of Deus Ex, Vampire the Masquerade bloodlines, and such.

If Cyberpunk was a decent RPG, nobody would compare it with GTA, just as nobody compare Witcher with RDR in terms of horse riding mechanics etc.

When it comes to GTA 5 (online) I have always had these point of critisism, where GTA is inferior to cyberpunk.

Enemy AI.
The enemies in gta are not smart in any regard whatsoever. They only use their main armament (99% of the time some form of rifle.) And they have wicked good aim and gun in general are stupidly deadly.
Their 'use of cover' is laughable. When they actually hide, but as soon as they want to attack they expose themselves rediculously much.
CP77 offsets this with an AI that is able to use abilities (grenades, netrunner actions, fire from near full cover, try to flank) yes granted, it can still do with improvements, but CP beats gta in the bush.
Also, sidenote gta's damage calculation is fcking retarded, but as I said, lethality by sheer virtue of accuracy and damage itself does not make a smart AI.

World.
GTA looks nice, for a 2020 semi tropical earthy location very similar to los angeles of whatever. But is the world alive? I think not so much. The livelyness mostly stems from you causing a reaction by running someone over or shoot someone. And the reaction is either panic or shoot back.
Nobody is interactable in a meaningfull way, and I definately care about no single pedestrian or other if I flat them underneath a car.
Also the world is only vertically interesting because you can fly, but the city or hills have zero going on. I cant enter anything other than a store that has only 1 purpose. The few tall building in the city create nothing of interesting vertical possibilities. Often you cant climb more than 1 or 2 stories high.

Characters.
Maybe its me, but I could care less for any of the characters in GTA, which is why nowadays I've switched only to online when I decide to play it. Franklin was the most interesting, but in the end I couldnt care wether they'd be run over by a bus final destination style.
The missions also largely are the same formula of do this, go there, fetch that... And as said, it only goes in one way.

Economy
Try earning some scratch to buy a car.
Everything is goddamn expensive and useless afterwards, or not even attainable.
In Online its even worse because you cán buy interesting vehicles and such but completely useless afterwards. Half the stuff isn't even usable as a solo player or locked out from virtually everything other than PvP.

Controls and mechanics (and their explanation)
Remember your first time using a cargobob? What a piece of shit controls, specifically in online.
But it doesnt stop there. Movement, try turning around a sharp corner: get stuck on the edge of the wall. Want to turn back around... Janky as hell. 3rd person shooting, get snuffed while your camera is still behind the building.
The only saving grace gta has was it driving controls and car handling. This is where gta is vastly superior... But its only that.

I will not go into the multiplayer missions as it would not be fair in a way, but I feel it should be noted, gta online has MANY content locked away by a 2 player minimum requirement, and/or need to be in public session (which are toxic as fck)

Which leaves me with a very important question. (This is highly subjective ofc)
If you find yourself ever feeling something for this game (which happens not very often)
What even am I playing the game for? Its literally a dull sandbox or mildly engaging story at best. And any sense of influence is taken right out the gate.

CP has a good story setup and potential to become much more.
Again dont get me wrong, CP has issues. But if CDPR wills it, they can make it a gem of untapped worth with riches GTA will simply never have.
By your logic if Rockstar wills it, they can make GTA5 Online of untapped worth with riches CDPR will simply never have.
I am for one sick for potential future wonders.
When i see it will believe it.
Till then its just wishful thinking.
Funny how u did not compare GTA 5 singleplayer vs Cyberpunk 2077 singleplayer. :))

Its funny how the supposed wonder of next gen its compared with 2013 game by people who defend Cyberpunk and boast that its better.
Off course it should be. Unfortunately it worse then GTA 5, 4, San Andreas in many open world mechanics.

Last edited:
I haven't touched a GTA title since Vice City because of the copy paste nature of those games. Boring. One cannot compare GTA to CP2077 simply because Rockstar do modern Open World Games. This is realistically CDPR's First Open World Modern/sci-fi based game, Witcher 3 was open world (ish) But still not an RPG in this scale, They worked within the frame of a franchise and did it well, now Cyberpunk is 100% new territory for them. They don't have decades of experience, I first played GTA 1 on Playstation in the late 1990's, CDPR hasn't got over 22 years of experience making Cyberpunk titles. Rockstar Have made many GTA Games, and you're trying to compare them to Cyberpunk, for one, that's not fair.
Sir even if we compare San Andreas from 2004 which was third open world design game for Rockstar is still miles better in most aspects of open world design and activities then Cyberpunk 2077.
Common.
Let that sink in.

In Vice City the first aid they are attempting CPR to NPC you shot in 2002. Second open world game released by Rockstar.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
By your logic if Rockstar wills it, they can make GTA5 Online of untapped worth with riches CDPR will simply never have.
I am for one sick for potential future wonders.
When i see it will believe it.
Till then its just wishful thinking.
Funny how u did not compare GTA 5 singleplayer vs Cyberpunk 2077 singleplayer. :))

Its funny how the supposed wonder of next gen its compared with 2013 game by people who defend Cyberpunk and boast that its better.
Off course it should be. Unfortunately it worse then GTA 5, 4, San Andreas in many open world mechanics.
Go back and play those games. I feel you're looking at'em through rose tinted glasses. Practically everything about those games feels old and dated. I'll take Cyberpunks Night City any day. I like FPS though, and this is basically an open world Deus Ex. Though Deus Ex's scaled down levels allowed for more agency as there was much less to account for.

Go back and play those games. I feel you're looking at'em through rose tinted glasses. Practically everything about those games feels old and dated. I'll take Cyberpunks Night City any day. I like FPS though, and this is basically an open world Deus Ex. Though Deus Ex's scaled down levels allowed for more agency as there was much less to account for.

Enjoy sir!

Sir even if we compare San Andreas from 2004 which was third open world design game for Rockstar is still miles better in most aspects of open world design and activities then Cyberpunk 2077.
Common.
Let that sink in.

Enjoy.
Oh please, I could easily make a video showing how crappy San Andreas is compared to Cyberpunk. It's pretty damn easy to create your little confirmation bias video. And you fell for it. He made that video just for you lol. Ya got played.

San Andreas is a more than 16 years old game :coolstory: , a "next gen " game from a big AAA company SHOULD have to be better than that.

Top Bottom