GTX 970 users and v1.05 horse walk stutter

+
GTX 970 users and v1.05 horse walk stutter

Wanna ask 970 peeps if it imporved performance cannot try it right now already at work and also the micro stutter while walking the hoorse is fixed?. Thanks in advance for the input

Not really any improvement on my 970 either, I've been having stuttering issues though ever since the game came out, most noticeable in towns and villages, every few seconds it feels like the game just skips a couple of frames and stutters. Haven't found a way to fix it and I've just learned to live with it, as annoying as it is.

Game runs on 45-60 fps without hairworks, ultra settings and some .ini tweaks.

I'm getting stuttering, both audio and video with 1.05 particularly around Oxenfurt. That's with a 970, i5 3570 and 16gb ram.

guys you can try to set the shadows to Low as I don't see and notecable difference between Ultra and Low and it gave me about 8 to 10 more FPS

I'm not sure about the 'horse walk stutter', but I did notice that Geralt will stop walking from time to time. As if he's listening intently to something, or taking in the sites. I'd say that's some type of a glitch/bug, with Patch 1.05 specifically.

guys you can try to set the shadows to Low as I don't see and notecable difference between Ultra and Low and it gave me about 8 to 10 more FPS

I've had that in my guide since day 1 ;) It's like that with most games and your eyes when things are moving don't focus on shadows so the common person doesn't notice the detail difference.

I've had that in my guide since day 1 ;) It's like that with most games and your eyes when things are moving don't focus on shadows so the common person doesn't notice the detail difference.

actually i really tried focusing on the shadows reverting it back and forth and also checked the shadows from afar and Im certain that there is no noticeable difference.

There is when it comes to the lines and quest related shadows but it's not worth the performance IMO lol

I'm getting stuttering in areas like novigrad and other populated areas in this patch, also crashed twice to desktop in like a hour. After that played for like 3 hours with no problems but the stuttering was there. I'm playing with a msi 970 and i5 3570k

I'm getting stuttering in areas like novigrad and other populated areas in this patch, also crashed twice to desktop in like a hour. After that played for like 3 hours with no problems but the stuttering was there. I'm playing with a msi 970 and i5 3570k

There are tons of stutter fixes did you try setting max fps, vsync? turn off gsync? Etc...

There are tons of stutter fixes did you try setting max fps, vsync? turn off gsync? Etc...

I've tried unlimited fps with v-sync in-game on, I've tried with 60fps and v-sync off, i've tried v-sync off with unlimited fps and using either nvidia control panel or using RivaTuner with a 60fps cap and still nothing, It was pretty fine on patch 1.04. I'll do more testing tomorrow i'm sure it's probably something on my end.

What fixed most performance stuff for me was to revert to an older driver actually. I am using 347.88 and I have had no crashes so far. I run everything ultra with hairworks and all and I have used Evga precision X to lock my framerate to 45. If I have it higher than that I keep getting stuttering and framerate drops. It occasionally drops to 35-40 in some cases. But most of the time I run a smooth 45fps. Which is more than good enough for me. I hope nvidia fix their drivers as these old ones do drop the framerate some. But I rather use it and not have all these annoying crashes.

Using 970 SLI Ultra Settings newest drivers and no problems so far. I only notice the stuttering on Roach.

I've tried unlimited fps with v-sync in-game on, I've tried with 60fps and v-sync off, i've tried v-sync off with unlimited fps and using either nvidia control panel or using RivaTuner with a 60fps cap and still nothing, It was pretty fine on patch 1.04. I'll do more testing tomorrow i'm sure it's probably something on my end.

I second the notion of trying a fps cap lower than 60, - I'm using 50 on my GTX 980, with a mix of ultra/high settings and full hairworks - really smoothed out the pauses I was previously getting every two seconds or so while moving.

The stutter on roach is different though, her animation cycle seems screwed up, I don't think its fps related.

I second the notion of trying a fps cap lower than 60, - I'm using 50 on my GTX 980, with a mix of ultra/high settings and full hairworks - really smoothed out the pauses I was previously getting every two seconds or so while moving.

The stutter on roach is different though, her animation cycle seems screwed up, I don't think its fps related.

Dont use the in-game fps limter, thats what causes most of the stuttering, use something like RTSS. And dont use in-game Vsync either, use Adaptive Vsync or Gsync if you have it.

Correct, which I assume is what the OP was asking about. I have no other performance issues (1440p, maxed out in-game settings, consistent 60fps, which I'd expect with a pair of 980s). But confirmed, the stuttering animation loop when Roach is walking is not fixed or improved in 1.05.

Top Bottom