Guess who will be the next Journey character

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc

Forum veteran
Slama had mentioned that the next journey character will not be anyone people can guess - basically meaning it is not Yen or Triss. Geralt and Ciri were so obvious that they don't need to think more or even do otherwise. But now, there is no "obvious choice" as even Yen or Triss is 50-50. So, believing what Slama mentioned and believing that I/we interpreted him properly (and believing that Slama didn't make that as a got-you! funny comment to distract us), lets guess who would be the next journey character.

You should guess ONLY one character and please put it under Spoiler.

Villentretenmerth aka Borkh Three Jackaws aka the Golden Dragon.
Reasoning: If it is not Yen or Triss, it should be something way cooler and jaw dropping to justify not using Geralt or Ciri. And nothing is as awesome/cool/majestic as a Golden Dragon. If I have to guess, we can actually play as the dragon and not as the human variant (or he would be a human and will transform into a dragon when using the leader ability). Currently that is the ONLY character that will make me buy the premium in an eye-bat even after my personal unpleasant grindy experience Ciri's journey left me with (losing a lot of trinklets because I couldn't grind enough).

What would your guess be?

SHUPE

Haven't seen him mentioned somewhere and if Slama wasn't kidding that the next Journey Character wasn't guessed yet, I think it could be him, after all he's one of the most popular Gwent characters.

Personally I wouldn't buy a shupe journey, they would need to do a Saskia Journey for me to buy another one without thinking twice, the increased grind on the current Ciri Journey kind of burned me out and because of that I'm not really interested in buying another one any time soon.

Shupe makes sense in a way but I don't think he's cool enough to drive sales.
It's gotta be a char that people are familiar with and has been fleshed out a lil bit (at least) in the games that so many love and play to this day.

I think it's either Yorveth, Zoltan or Letho, most likely Letho out of the them 3.
I smell a NG boost incoming ! :)

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
Maybe i dont recall what Slama said exactly, but i was under the impression it was not just 'someone who's not the most obvious choice', i think it was more like 'no one will ever guess who it is', which makes me think it will be a new character or an obscure/meme character, that although not very important, it will be very likable.

My pick (and my wish) is:
Knickers

Ah, what a jolly thread! This is the sort of anticipation and speculation I like to see.

Who could it be. . . ? Hmmmm.

A younger Vesemir, perhaps?

• RED Point
The most obvious next pick would be Zoltan. So if it's not obvious albeit still cool... Godlings? I woud be so down for Johnny and Sarah adventures!

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
When it was first suggested that the next journey character would be
Vilgefortz
I thought it is impossible as that character is kind of more aligned to one particular faction. But with the kind of spoilers we have got themed about
Mage and NG
I think it is pretty possible that most of your are correct! So, the journey character would be a neutral leader or specific faction leader? It is actually an interesting thought.

Anything other than my guess will make my life easier as I would be less inclined to buy the premium path (for the first time, mainly due to the burn out in this current journey and missing the most fantastic cosmetic due to a few days of health issues and personal problems, leaving a bad disappointed feeling). Lets see!

[...] missing the most fantastic cosmetic due to a few days of health issues and personal problems, leaving a bad disappointed feeling). Lets see!
I am confused, are you talking about the cardbacks or coin skins ?
As for the leader skins, from my observation they got progressively worse and less lore-friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom