Guess who will be the next Journey character

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc

Forum veteran
I am confused, are you talking about the cardbacks or coin skins ?
As for the leader skins, from my observation they got progressively worse and less lore-friendly.
The Coin Skin suggested it is more aligned to one particular faction. The Cardback seemed to be suggesting
Mage
Can you elaborate what you mean by leader skins got worse? You mean the third one is/will-be worse than the first two? Sorry I didn't understand.

The Coin Skin suggested it is more aligned to one particular faction. The Cardback seemed to be suggesting
Mage
Can you elaborate what you mean by leader skins got worse? You mean the third one is/will-be worse than the first two? Sorry I didn't understand.
Um, my point was that the only rewards that got progressively better in Ciri's journey were the cardbacks and coinskins.

The initial leader armor for Ciri was/is her Witcher 3 armor, her second is ok'ish, her third is the second best, the forth makes little sense with the supposed weight of the armor, but is still nice to have for Nilfgaard and afterwards the more eastern focused armors make no sense for Ciri and in the context of the Witcher universe.
Also I have to say that the last 2 leader skins for Ciri (5th and 6th) are among my least favourite leader skins to look at, alongside Francesca's first skins where she constantly bends over during a game.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
So, the journey character would be a neutral leader or specific faction leader? It is actually an interesting thought?
I thought about that as well, and I think that future journeys may contain more than one leader skin, different Armors made kind of sense for Geralt and Ciri (and maybe Yenn and Triss) but I don't think it would make much sense (or at least I wouldn't care much about it) for the not so popular characters to have tons of different Armors or clothing, especially if some of them should be lore wise faction locked, it simply wouldn't make any sense if Vernon Roche ends up leading Scoia'tael or Iorveth would be leading Northern Realms, so in that case adding a neutral alternative Leader Skin to the journey would make sense.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
If you can imagine Crach an Craite leading the Skellige warriors in a Santa suit and Geralt with donkey's years leading Monsters, you can have Iorveth in a leather biker dress leading NR.
I kind of agree with the Donkey Ears, but those are at least only a small equitable and didn't Geralt join the wild hunt in exchange for Yenns life, so he makes probably more sense leading Monsters than the other neutral Leaders, can't even remember how the Crach Santa armor looked like wasn't it just a red version of his normal Armor, but yeah neutral Leaders will always feel a bit off.

Last edited:
  • RED Point
I kind of agree with the Donkey Ears, but those are at least only a small equitable and didn't Geralt join the wild hunt in exchange for Yenns life, so he makes probably more sense leading Monsters than the other neutral Leaders,

You can also play a Wild Hunt deck with Ciri hiding behind a Kitsune Mask. You can try to give it a positive spin, but Gwent has become less lore-friendly. And the more cosmetics will be added, the more silly combination will be possible.

Going back to the topic, I hope the next Journey will have a dwarf as main character.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The only other game besides Gwent where i've spent thousands of hours is Team Fortress 2, and although they're very different, they've gone the same route:

Started with a small amount of cosmetics, but with the increased focus on monetization, these cosmetics get more and more ridiculous, less and less lore-friendly (on TF2 t was said the new ones broke the original artstyle). I guess it's something that cant be avoided if you want tons of cosmetics in your game.

Having said that, if the next Journey character are the musicians of Blaviken, count me in 100%. I doubt i will be interested if its a "serious character".

You can also play a Wild Hunt deck with Ciri hiding behind a Kitsune Mask. You can try to give it a positive spin, but Gwent has become less lore-friendly. And the more cosmetics will be added, the more silly combination will be possible.

Going back to the topic, I hope the next Journey will have a dwarf as main character.
Yeah I'm not much a fan of that stuff either and that's one of the reasons why I said above that the not so popular characters (in comparison to Geralt and Ciri) probably don't need a lot of different Armors /clothing because it would most likely lead to them adding some crazy off Lore stuff at Level 100 ( something like a Hipster or a Punk rock version of Zoltan for example )

I know I already guessed one character in this thread, but I just couldn't resist.

Kerack City Guard:ohstopit:

Last edited:
I hope the next Journey will have a dwarf as main character.
Ach, ay. 'Twould be welcome indeed!
welcome_80_80.png

The only other game besides Gwent where i've spent thousands of hours is Team Fortress 2, and although they're very different, they've gone the same route:

Started with a small amount of cosmetics, but with the increased focus on monetization, these cosmetics get more and more ridiculous, less and less lore-friendly (on TF2 t was said the new ones broke the original artstyle). I guess it's something that cant be avoided if you want tons of cosmetics in your game.

Team Fortress 2 has a cartoonish artstyle, so I think it's easier to fall into the trap of preposterous cosmetics.

Gwent started differently. Plus they promised "Homecoming will bring back a darker aesthetic and mood, more in sync with the original Witcher lore."

Ended up here.

Ciri_mascote.JPG

crazy off Lore stuff at Level 100 ( something like a Hipster or a Punk rock version of Zoltan for example )

Level 200, most likely. :coolstory:

That being said, I don't want to sound too negative, I like most of the cosmetic items. Hope they release a Journey with a lot of good content.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Team Fortress 2 has a cartoonish artstyle, so I think it's easier to fall into the trap of preposterous cosmetics.

Gwent started differently. Plus they promised "Homecoming will bring back a darker aesthetic and mood, more in sync with the original Witcher lore."

Ended up here.

View attachment 11064896

Level 200, most likely. :coolstory:

That being said, I don't want to sound too negative, I like most of the cosmetic items. Hope they release a Journey with a lot of good content.

Yes, TF2 has a cartoon style, but it also has a well defined artstyle, based on the fact its set on the 1960s (if i remember correctly), and you could see the first batch of cosmetics (hats) were very restrained... 2/3 years later, its absolute insanity, also the different type of cosmetics got overwhelming, just like Gwent, that now has:
-Avatars, borders, titles, boards, skins, skin items, coins,etc.

Based on the image revealed during the Open, which is too wide for a card artwork I have to change my prediction.
I would prefer it to be Vilgefortz, however I take it that it is either Alzur or far more likely Jan Bekker, one of the first mages.
Vilgefortz shows Geralt a painting of the first landing in the book "The Witcher: The time of contempt".
Jan Bekker is said to have calmed the sea and shown that magic is not necessarily destructive.
Jan Bekker is also described to be looking for gifted mages, which is admittedly also true for Vilgefortz and with that one's fixation on paintings it might still be Vilgefortz.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
With so much lightning in the teaser video, I am inclined to assume it would be
Alzur
as guessed in the reddit forum link.

Johnny Silverhand from Cyberpunk 2077
What if...
Alzur, Bekker or whoever that Guy is will be played (Face & voice) by Keanu Reeves I mean he's currently working with CD Projekt anyway and the guy on the Picture also kind of looks like Keanu from behind, maybe there is a good reason they didn't show his face and in that case it would even make more sense to use a character that isn't that popular and well known by the community

Last edited:
I'm assuming it's indeed the character with its back shown on the teaser, but I for one won't be getting the "premium" if it's just an obscure character from the universe. I did it for Gerald and Ciri because they are mains and I can see myself using the cosmetics. But given I apparently don't play enough to get to LVL100, I will be skipping for random characters (until I finally get to reading the books...).

I'm assuming it's indeed the character with its back shown on the teaser, but I for one won't be getting the "premium" if it's just an obscure character from the universe. I did it for Gerald and Ciri because they are mains and I can see myself using the cosmetics. But given I apparently don't play enough to get to LVL100, I will be skipping for random characters (until I finally get to reading the books...).
That's why I'm now almost certain that the "what if... Spoiler" I posted above might be true.

Let's face it, it would had actually been a no brainer to use a Character that's already very popular and has a lot of Fans like Yenn, Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion or Regis to make people interested in the Journey and get a lot of sales from premium passes, but if my guess is correct it will most likely lead to even more sales and also some advertising outside the usual Gwent player base.

What if...
Alzur, Bekker or whoever that Guy is will be played (Face & voice) by Keanu Reeves I mean he's currently working with CD Projekt anyway and the guy on the Picture also kind of looks like Keanu from behind, maybe there is a good reason they didn't show his face and in that case it would even make more sense to use a character that isn't that popular and well known by the community

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom