Guess who will be the next Journey character

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion they are Vilgefortz and Lydia van Bredevoort, but Nimue is also nice guess :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
I see a LOT of players guessing this new Journey character will be the one from the teaser for the next expansion. Im not so sure, lets look at the facts:

This Journey is starting next week, as soon as Ciri's one ends.
The new expansion will have a reveal campaign, probably lasting 2/3 weeks, it wont be a surprise drop like MoO last year. Also the Gwent Masters is 5&6 Dec., it makes sense to release the expansion immediately after.

So, does it make sense to have a new Journey in early November and then only a month later the new expansion with that character's card and associated lore cards?

I see a LOT of players guessing this new Journey character will be the one from the teaser for the next expansion. Im not so sure, lets look at the facts:

This Journey is starting next week, as soon as Ciri's one ends.
The new expansion will have a reveal campaign, probably lasting 2/3 weeks, it wont be a surprise drop like MoO last year. Also the Gwent Masters is 5&6 Dec., it makes sense to release the expansion immediately after.

So, does it make sense to have a new Journey in early November and then only a month later the new expansion with that character's card and associated lore cards?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said at the beginning of the Dev Stream that the small Teaser will be for the next journey and the leaked character Art also seems to have a different size like the usual Card Arts and it looks more like it's taken from the next journey's loading screen.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they said at the beginning of the Dev Stream that the small Teaser will be for the next journey and the leaked character Art also seems to have a different size like the usual Card Arts and it looks more like it's taken from the next journey's loading screen.

If they said that at the beginning of the stream, i dont remember.

What i am sure is they first showed that image of the mysterious character without saying anything, then at the end revealed the video teaser, which ended with the same image, announcing the Gwent Masters #2 date for early December, without saying anything more.

If they said that at the beginning of the stream, i dont remember.

What i am sure is they first showed that image of the mysterious character without saying anything, then at the end revealed the video teaser, which ended with the same image, announcing the Gwent Masters #2 date for early December, without saying anything more.
I re-watched the beginning of their stream and it was Burza saying something like "and the next journey character will be..... No, I'm not telling it, but maybe we will show a small teaser later."

I actually would like it if the journey story would already build up the expansions theme and it maybe even gives the Card's revealed during that month a bit more flavor, especially for those players that don't know that much about the lore of the Witcher world.

After the Master Mirror launch before they announced that the next Journey Character will be Ciri, I was kind of hoping that at this point they would do a Journey for Olgierd von Everec because it would had fitted perfectly to the MM expansion theme and would had added a bit more flavor to the expansion.

Lets play who can be wrong the most times!

Pavetta and Duny?

Keltullis and any Mahakam Dwarf?

Myrgtabrakke and Villentretenmerth?

Tea and Vea? (I just want dragon themed stuff)

Syanna and Dettlaff?

Phillipa Eilhart and Dijkstra

That's why I'm now almost certain that the "what if... Spoiler" I posted above might be true.

if my guess is correct it will most likely lead to even more sales and also some advertising outside the usual Gwent player base.

I didn't even know. If they are working with him (and they are) that would be a genius move indeed, no matter what character he is.

A bit annoying that they didn't launch a full journey trailer yesterday, now the journey character gets revealed with the earlier mobile updates:facepalm:

IMG_20201103_085315.jpg

While we wait for a News thread... that is quite a few guaranteed premium Legendaries in the premium Journey.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
While we wait for a News thread... that is quite a few guaranteed premium Legendaries in the premium Journey.
Yes, a Guaranteed Legendary Premium from all factions. That is nice. But the scar Ciri's journey had left with me is still too deep and too fresh in my mind, I don't want to get the journey (yet). If not for the horrible experience from Ciri's journey, I would have bought it already by now.

Alzur's model looks very good and his trinklets are all awesome. The cardbacks, the guaranteed Legendary premiums are all awesome. But still I think I would skip. If I change my mind later, I can always get everything in one go.

Thanks to everyone who played this (guessing) game! It was awesome to see so many perspectives from everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom