Guide: How to raise PS4/Xbox One performance

+
  1. Open your console and clean it, preferably with compressed air
  2. Put your console in a place with good ventilation: open window works fine in the summer
  3. Keep your inventory clean: regularly dismantle or sell everything you don't need
  4. Keep 3 or 4 save slots occupied. Delete every other save file regularly
  5. Pray and hope (raid the tech support) that CD Projekt Red adds an option to disable Auto Save*
  6. Turn off Chromatic Aberration, Motion Blur and Film Grain
  7. Turn off the radio in your vehicle
  8. Ride a motorcycle
  9. Consider turning off the Mini Map
  10. Turn off Additive Camera Motions
*Every time the game auto saves it also stutters noticeably. And it Auto Saves quite often. Sometimes every minute. Example - https://streamable.com/vyi929

Guest 4421288

Good advice. Definitely turn off all the graphic options including HDR. It is just cheap immersion tricks that make it look worse anyway as you want crisp graphics and no blur type effects. I turn off music and car radio as industrial music not my thing. Synthwave would of been choice for this game.

Here is my best advice:

You can manually do "quick save" rather than relying alone on "auto save".

On PS hit "Option" button, then "Triangle". Probably same option for Xbox somehow.

So every opportunity I get in case of a crash I hit Option, Triangle and circle to exit (It still continues to quick save even if you hit circle to exit). Takes 2 secs and just do it out of habit now in a quick manner.

- Just outside a mission area
- Soon as I finish a mission
- If no fast travel then during driving journeys even
- Sections of long dialogue with NPC or following NPC around for dialogue etc
- Just after spending time in inventory management!

Just spamming it out of instinct now knowing it will crash :/

Also I reverse my console so the hot air is not blowing to the wall. Instead it blows hot air from front in open room. Yea it looks strange that way. Much better for ventilation.

Top Bottom