Guide: Mod limit fix

+

Guest 3841499

How do you actually figure out HEX? It can't be just a random find within a ton of code?

Guest 3841499

It would be also awesome if with HEX we could remove FX particle spawn limit!

I tried to use with Hexeditor put in 0xB95CF6 and tried all others numbers you gave but couldn't get anything in the left column next to the witcher3 exe is there something I am missing?Thank you.

I tried to use with Hexeditor put in 0xB95CF6 and tried all others numbers you gave but couldn't get anything in the left column next to the witcher3 exe is there something I am missing?Thank you.

I have the same issue.If someone could help about that i would really appreciate it

Mine was under 0xB96366, here it is on a screenshot. The circle in the middle down at the bottom is what I already changed it to, after putting 500 on the 32-bit Integer. Double click on the smaller picture to get a better look at it.
Hexed.it Screen Shot.jpg
Hexed.it Screen Shot.jpg

I do have a question: Does this mean we don't have to use a script merger anymore?

@DontBlnkBadWolf did you mean "mod merger" ? Because you'll always have to use script merger to merge script mods.
and yes, you don't have to use the mod merger tool, thanks to the mod limit fix.

I do have another question, if someone knows the answer to it. There are some mods that you would merge with the Mod Merger that would have conflicts with another mod. So, in order for it not to conflict after merging, on of the mods couldn't be in the finale merge.

Example: Triss' Auburn hair mod conflicts with the mod Triss Merigold's Hood. In order for it to work properly, I would have to choose which mod to include in the merge in order for it to work.

I had to do it this way with several mods. I could only leave out no more than 5 mods from the merge so I wouldn't get the loading circle when it would do the cut screens when talking to another NPC.

My question is, with this fix, do I have to worry about conflicts like that, still?

My question is, with this fix, do I have to worry about conflicts like that, still?

Almost assuredly. Two mods cannot alter the same asset. In such a case, the mod that loads last will be the one to take effect, overwriting the mod before it. Such things can't be "merged". You can only merge things that affect different assets.

For example, the Triss hair mod vs. the hood mod likely both replace the entire "head" model of Triss (it's not an actual hood -- it's a replacement for the whole head mesh [or at least what counts as the "hair" mesh]). So, someone would have to rebuild the hood mod, replacing the texture for that particular hood model with the auburn hair. In a practical sense, that would be a different mod.

If it still doesn't make sense, here's another example:
It's the same thing as Geralt's hair. Geralt doesn't actually have "hair". Each of the styles is a separate mesh and texture that replaces the active one. So, if I recolor the short version of Geralt's hair, it doesn't affect the long version or the pony-tail version whatsoever. Different meshes and textures. Nor can I superimpose the texture for the long hair on the short hair. It won't line up.

Most likely. ;)

Almost assuredly. Two mods cannot alter the same asset. In such a case, the mod that loads last will be the one to take effect, overwriting the mod before it. Such things can't be "merged". You can only merge things that affect different assets.

For example, the Triss hair mod vs. the hood mod likely both replace the entire "head" model of Triss (it's not an actual hood -- it's a replacement for the whole head mesh [or at least what counts as the "hair" mesh]). So, someone would have to rebuild the hood mod, replacing the texture for that particular hood model with the auburn hair. In a practical sense, that would be a different mod.

If it still doesn't make sense, here's another example:
It's the same thing as Geralt's hair. Geralt doesn't actually have "hair". Each of the styles is a separate mesh and texture that replaces the active one. So, if I recolor the short version of Geralt's hair, it doesn't affect the long version or the pony-tail version whatsoever. Different meshes and textures. Nor can I superimpose the texture for the long hair on the short hair. It won't line up.

Most likely. ;)

Yes, I understood during your first example. That actually tells me more than I ever knew about the creation of some of the mods. It's been difficult for everyone to make them without a better official modkit, and I have been working with mods for other games, like the greedy Bethesda Studio games which is way different and simpler to do and create. Since the hair is not really hair but a head model, I can see why they conflict (hood vs. hair mods). So with all of the information now fully understandable by me, I now have to go into Mod Merger once again, to see what mods conflicted with one another, and update my choices.

Thank you and thank you to the others for explaining out the different questions from everybody. Looks like I can play again. I was burnt out playing TW3, it's been close to a year, and I have that feeling of playing again.

That was a game changer for me OP you are honestly a genius coming up with such a fix! I didn't comment when I first saw this post but better late than never, so huge thanks to you!

I'm stuck on the Ugly Baby loading screen after meeting the Nilgaardian battle mounts, I was suggested this fix. I tried the patcher and even tried the method above and it still doesn't work. I only have 5 mods.

man, i can't even express how thankfull i am that i found out this exists now after starting a new game years after i first played it. much appreciation!

Guest 3766175

Now we can expand our mod list. But whether I'll ever blow it up - I don't think so. : -)

Top Bottom