Guide to Acronyms in GWENT Discussions: 'What Do All Those Letters Mean?'

+
Here are two terms I have seen in the forums and heard used in videos and live streams

Roping - letting the turn timer almost run out before playing a card / passing.
BM (bad manners) - after you have passed and the opponent has clearly won, they continue to play the rest of their cards. Some people consider this bad manners.

Dark_Spect3r;n7810960 said:
What you folks have against writing the full words?
Personally, naught. I've always preferred complete words, however, not everyone finds them convenient, thus, a guide for us old-fashioned types.

Riven-Twain;n7811570 said:
Personally, naught. I've always preferred complete words, however, not everyone finds them convenient, thus, a guide for us old-fashioned types.

I was more joking than anything else.
But is one of thus things i hate about internet, the god damn acronyms :sad:

Dark_Spect3r;n7812450 said:
But is one of thus things i hate about internet, the god damn acronyms
Riven-Twain;n7813640 said:
They can become rather overwhelming.
That's the good thing about having been in the military, you become immune to acronyms (or addicted to them, but that's another topic).

Treamayne;n7824370 said:
That's the good thing about having been in the military, you become immune to acronyms (or addicted to them, but that's another topic).

Well... i was in the military and i still find them annoying.

Hello

A few other more or less common speaking:
Wiping (Cleaning the Board or a single Unit in one wipe)
Hype (Net Deck, Top 10 lists, etc.)
Meta : Basicly the summary of what "everyone else" is playing. For example: If i write Meta, i think of GwentDBs Top 10. You could also describe it as "The others", but it also means the Guys wich are playing at your specific ranking/MMR.
Ping : Deal 1 Damage (Trebuchet for example)
Burn your Handcards : Waisting Cards or pass the point of passing (merely the same as bleeding)
AP = Attack Power : The strength of a Card. Havent seen anyone using any term for this. It seems common to describe Cards just with a Number instead of AP, strenght or whatever.

Also, could you add a list of Decktypes?
Maybe this could help to "speak one language" now and in the Future.
For example: Alot of Decks are Aggro-Types but i rarely read terms like "Aggro", "Swarming" or "Spamming".
Control-Decks (Weather Control, Board Control, Hand-Control, Deck-Control, Graveyard-Control)
Other Types:
Aggro-Decks, Shuffle-Decks, Reveal-Decks, Steal-Decks, Replay-Decks, Chain-Decks (Ress Chain-Combo / Something - Chain-Combo), Lock-Decks, Buff-Decks, Consume-Decks, Snowball-Decks, Wipe-Decks and Combos.
Anything forgotten?

Greetings
Faustus

Last edited:
Top Bottom