"Guideline" for enhancing The Witcher 3 (PC buglist: build 1.07)

+
"Guideline" for enhancing The Witcher 3 (PC buglist: build 1.07)

Hey,

I would like to collect the most common, annoying glitches and immersion breakers in a clearly thread
to make it easier for CD project to give us the game we all want and dream of.

Feel free to add any other bugs or useful improvements that i may have forgotten, but please read twice if it wasn't already listed by myself or anyone before. Also please try to describe the bug shortly but precisely. The list will be updated then for sure. And lastly, please avoid off-topic talking, thanks. :)

1. HUD

1.1. HUD bugs

- After finishing all main missions, the quest title of previously finished sidequests remains

1.2. HUD improvements

- The recommended lvl for quests should be shown on HUD (next to the quest title for example)

This would prevent players from getting close to high lvl zones and monsters. It's annoying if you forgot to check your questlog, then go to the quest zone, start it and then later at the end see or feel the monster is 10 lvl above yours.

- Give us an option to hide the complete HUD with a hotkey

2. Quests

- Fix "Skelliges most wanted"

The werewolf is immortal.

- Fix "The statuette of the soldier / noble"

When Triss tells you that she knows a better place for the ritual and you enter this place
nothing happens. The quest doesn´t continue.

- Fix "Hey you wanna look at my stuff" FIXED

You cannot talk to the quest guy that gives you the quest after he ran away.

- Fix "Get Junior" FIXED

You cannot talk to Vernon Roche.

- Fix "Reason of state"

Even when you succesfully complete this quest, it gets marked as failed in the questlog after progressing on main story line.

- Fix "Collect 'em all" (Should have been fixed with 1.08 but still not works for some)

This quest cannot be finished.

- Fix "Fool's gold"

You cannot interact with the pigs or they fell underground.

- Fix "The creature from Oxenfurt forrest"

Questlog does not update.

-
Fix "Black pearl" FIXED

Nida gets killed by the drowners placed around.

- Fix "Price of honor"

You cannot open the chest underwater.

- Fix "Ugly baby"

You cannot interact with the sergeant.

- Fix "Of dairy and darkness"

As far as you talk to the quest related mercheant again, the quest restarts and remains in the questlog.

- Fix "Faithful friend"

After you completed the task, the quest still remains in the questlog.

3. Inventory

3.1. Inventory improvements

- Replace the sort type "price" for "new", or just add "new" next to the already existing ones

The sort type "price" is useless, because vendors never pay the real value.
"New" would be much more helpful, especially to find new books and alchemy & crafting items.
The yellow star, which shows us what is new, is too small and is hard to see sometimes.

- Let the inventory quick sort automatically without pressing "Q"

- Remove the yellow star on new stacked items, when there was already one or more of the same
itemtype in the inventory.

Mostly alchemy and crafting items.

3.2. Inventory bugs:

- Quick sort does not always sort by the type you chose when new items are marked with the yellow star

- When trade window is open, you cannot compare the sold weapons / armor to dressed weapons / armor anymore FIXED

- Ghost weight still remaining when inventory is totally empty

4. Animation and specific bugs, improvements

4.1. Roach animation bugs

- Still microstutters when Roach is slowly cantering

This is the most common and one of the most annoying immersion breakers ingame.

- Roach's snout engulfs into the ground when fastly riding up higher terrains or mountains

- Roach floats over the bottom when riding down higher terrains

4.2. Roach improvements

- Remove the delay when jumping with Roach

- Improve Roach's navigation and path finding

Roach almost stops sprinting every small curve.

4.3. Boat and Whale animation issues and bugs

- Animation bug where Geralt holds his hand next to the control stick of the boat as he takes seat and then slowly slides over til his hand is correctly on the control stick

- Anything like sea debris, barrels, even hybrid monsters glitches and flickers through the boat

- At hidden smuggler caches the boat often stucks to debris on the water and gets damaged

- Geralt often glitches through the boat

- Broken whale animation on sea

When the whale appears above the water the animation stops abruptly and he doesn´t disappear again for a few seconds until the animation starts working again and he continues to disappear.
My personal wish would be that the whale becomes a real animal that can also be seen underwater and not only a random encountering animation.

4.4. Peasants animation bugs

- Incorrectly walking peasants carrying crates

4.5. Geralt animation issues and bugs

- As Geralt descends from Roach he sometimes performs a short swim animation when there is no water nearby.

- Geralt often performs a roll on stairs

5. Combat bugs

- Sometimes signs cannot be used in combat

6. Other bugs

- Sometimes we aren't able to talk to smiths / salesman (while they are at their workplace) for a couple of hours

Annoying and sometimes confusing when we always have to meditate for an hour or even more until we can talk to them again.

- Slow walk is gone (Not a bug but a decision by the developers - so we shouldn't expect a return here)

Slow walk is not adjustable between 3 variables (very slow, slow, faster) anymore. Many people wish to get that
feature back. Since 1.07.

- Fast travel signs are sometimes not shown on the map when you´re on boat or horse

- Alchemy formula pin up turtorial always showing up again when hitting 'L' / entering the alchemy menu.

- Items whose itemlvl is above your current lvl are not red and marked with an 'X' in trade windows and chest anymore.

This bug occurs since 1.07

- Different achievement bugs

- Invisible walls on roads

- Thunderbolt potion bug

Meant to give you 100% crit chance during storms, but gives you 100% crit chance all the time.

- You cannot go to the Bestiary by hitting 'B' from other menus

Works properly in-game.

7. Various improvements

- Smiths and salesman should always be shown on the map

- Give us an option in the menu to turn off camera autocenter on horse, boat and free running

- Give us an option in the menu to turn off autosheath

- Give us an option in the menu to turn on hairworks only for monsters and Roach

- Sort types for the chest / store

- Allow us to store everything in the chest

- Make mutagens stack

- Make the game harder after mid-game

Increase some monster's lvl in different zones and increase monsters, which lvl is above atleast 15, life and attack points.

- Some more headmodels for peasants all over the game

Especially that travelling salesman with glasses and hat that is everywhere.

8. Additional new content (I pray for it)

- A bed in inns where we can meditate

- A trophy show-wall and dress-up doll in Kaer Morhen

- Full viper gear set

- More beards and haircuts

- Arena mode

Two arena's are already in game, they just need a purpose.

- 4 new skill slots

Right now there are 12 skill slots but 60 different skills + the golden skills.
1 slot more per row would be amazing!

- Golden mutagens

Golden mutagens with special abilities like 20% chance on freezing / tumbling / bleeding for example.
Could be crafted with like 3 different monster mutagens. Just examples.

- Some more wild animals in the vanilla game

Fireflies, frogs, squirrels, sharks, dolphins..

- Some monsters from the past games (Bruxae / Strigga / Manticore / Dragons) with new witcher contracts

I know the addons will bring new monsters, but i fear two things: The addons will not be playable parallel to the vanilla game and main missions and a new game has to be started and so new monsters will only be in the new available zones.
Instead, replace some old monsters that are not part of witcher contracts with those new monsters in Velen or Skellige.
And then add some new contracts for those new monsters maybe. The perfect places for those new contracts would be the
abandoned sites. Right now the abandoned sites don't really have encouraging rewards for doing them. You'd kill two birds with one stone!

9. My personal wishes (feel free to discuss them)

- Temerian and Nilfgaardian horse armor should have the same stats as the Undvik horse armor

We only have three real horse armor sets so please give them the highest possible stats ingame. (100 capacity / 75 stamina / 60 panic)

- Musicians with bagpipes and bagpipe soundtracks in Skellige

Or just one clan that has an old culture with bagpipes.

- War paints for the face

Yes, i know it doesn't fit in the witchers world, but combined with the toxic effects it would look real badass!

- Wild hunt armor set

10. As always, further game stability, subtitle- and text correction, aswell as performance and graphic improvements are also highly welcome!

- The water and it's effect on the boat are too calm

Sorry, that I have to compare it to the old VGX trailer, but we'd love to have that water!
The calm water looks just too static and not real.

- Alternative colour palete

An alternative colour palete that comes close to the first released gameplay trailer (sorry again).
I think this would make a LOT of people happy.

- Reduce NPC and texture pop-in

It has been improved since 1.07 but still occurs a lot.

- Implement some splash effects as hybrid monsters hit the water when going above or under

Also please make those monster's float on the sea when they're killed, because their movement and reflection to the waves when they're lying dead on the sea looks just static.

- Return dust and snow particles under roach feet when riding

- Return remaining blood on swords and armor

Me, personally, enjoyed and still enjoy every minute of The Witcher and it's even with it's
small bugs and glitches there and there one of the best singleplayer RPG´s up to date.
A real masterpiece. But, a game still can always be improved and I have best hopes that
CD project will do it.

To the devs of CD project:

Feel free to communicate with us and tell us if this is doable and of what you are already
aware and maybe even what's in work already.

:D

P.S: Sorry for any misspelling or confusing and grammatically incorrect sentences. Not my native language.

Last edited:
3.1. Inventory improvements

- Replace the sort type "price" for "new"

The sort type "price" is useless, because vendors never pay the real value.

Definitely not useless. You just have to sort it while the shopkeeper window is open. I did exactly this earlier as I was low on coin and needed to find what was the most valuable ingredient to sell. Works exactly as I expected it to, and showed the most expensive item I could sell to that particular Blacksmith (item was Wyvern Hide, btw).

Otherwise, nice list. Good luck and thanks if you are able to keep this updated.

---------- Updated at 05:05 AM ----------

Also, the quest, "Price of Honor" should be added to the list, as you get a key to an underwater chest that does not open. I believe it predates 1.07 however.

Thank you both kindly for you're answers.
To the sort type, I think it's just my own opinion then, since i use only sort as "type" anyway.
To anyone else, please tell us what you think about it, so we all can think together if this would
be a useful improvement or a bad idea, so i can remove or let it as it is or think of a workaround.
This also counts for any other notes on this list.

"Price of Honor" is added to the list, thanks. :)

Apparently there's a bug with the walking animation that it only has 1 speed now as opposed to 3 in the earlier versions, I've held off on upgrading to 1.07 so far for that very reason.

Apparently there's a bug with the walking animation that it only has 1 speed now as opposed to 3 in the earlier versions, I've held off on upgrading to 1.07 so far for that very reason.

Thank you, I'll add it to the 'other bugs' subsection. :)

P.S: Happy news, information on the upcoming patch 1.08 has been announced and is going to fix a lot of the listed questbugs, various achievement bugs, aswell as the window trade bug where we couldn't compare our dressed items to the sold items. The list will be updated as soon as the patch is released and tested. :)

Last edited:
Has somebody confirmed the chest in "Price of Honor" is still not fixed in 1.08? I held off on approaching the appropriate coast area, and have not had a chance to test it yet.

In the 'Patch 1.08 out now!' thread at page seven a user says "Price of honor" hasn't been fixed yet. :)

Last edited:
OK, good to know.

Also, as I posted in another thread,

still in 1.08:

- Superior Thunderbolt gives 100% crit chance all the time

- Alchemy Formula Pin Tutorial always shows when hitting L/entering Alchemy Menu

- cannot go to Bestiary from other menus by hitting B (B from gameplay works normally)

Thanks, added to the 'other bugs' subsection!

P.S: If anyone else found new bugs since 1.08, please tell me.

---------- Post merged on 10-08-2015 at 01:04 AM ----------

A question:

Is it just me or is the sea less calm and oily? May be imagination or does anyone experience the same?

Last edited:
Top Bottom