Guinea pigs job bugged

+
Have hit a bit of a snag here, have knocked her out, have knocked out everyone in the building, got the message saying to clear the roof which i have done but nothing happens. Got a quest maker showing outside but when i go too it, nothing happens. The quest is just..... stuck.

Yeah, happened to me too. The quest was a complete mess, spent 90 minutes trying to complete it and restarted 4 times.

The only thing that worked was killing her outright, because it skipped the "clear the roof" stage entirely.

Also, a few times the elevator door got bugged and I got locked out, or even locked inside once. Had to restart from autosave. A few times I was even unable to interact with containers or shards. Had to leave the area and return.

The hackable port the worker/tech is using in the security room was also bugged, could not use it even though it showed the standard icon for "jack in".

Sort of the same issue here. I'm just stuck on "escape the hotel". I leave and it wants me to go back in for some reason. Tried leaving many different ways.
Post automatically merged:

Update on mine. It finally let me out through a tech/intel door (random), but then it wouldn't allow me to complete it. I had to leave the territory altogether, then specifically drive back into it like i reached a new area. Then they call me and close it. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Last edited:
I can't even get to the 19th floor. The doors that I need to open to get there are "redded" and locked. Even if I just walk through the security metal detectors at the main entrance I can't go through the elevator to the top. This quest is super broken :( .

Leaving hotel doesn't work for me. The only solution I found is to stand on the edge of the roof like in the screenshot
1608594013454.png

Post automatically merged:

this mission is extremely broken
1) guards have stupid pathfinding, especially on the roof. On top floor they just stand still on stealth
2) robots are broken and don't turn on
3) "clear the roof" option is broken, the indicatior is broken as well
1608594355471.png

Last edited:
What i did after 1.0.5 was clear out the entire building including the roof then go talk to her, let herb ack up her data and flee too the security office. Knock her out then take her too the roof.

Return too the lobby and take out the new enemies. When you step outside the quest zone nothing will happen, i walked down the steps and the quest then finished.

Aa good to know I'm not the only one... had all the bugs previously mentioned, and I've tried everything I could think to get it to work. Never got the clear roof part of the quest. When I leave the building, it never actually leaves combat, so I end up with a perma-in combat warning that prevents me from doing anything.

Unfortunate, as I've consistently found 3 legendary crafting schematics (useless for other reasons) hidden around up top..

Last edited:
I tried different scenarios to see if there is a path where the OP's issue is not encountered. I tried:
1.) killing Koch while on BD
2.) kill Koch after she "backs up" her research
3.) kill her out of BD but did not let her "back up" her files.
In all instances, I killed her using a pistol, an AR and a monowire. It seems first time I knock her out, the NPC enters an unconscious state first (doesn't matter if I used firearms or the monowire) which triggers the bugged scenario. If I shoot her again or hit her with the monowire, Koch enters a dead state and triggers another scenario for V to leave the area. This seems to be the preferred path since exiting the area will end the quest.

There were also several instances of me getting locked when traversing the elevator because of the iron railings not retracting. I reloaded the save, still inside the elevator, and the railing will be cleared. Hope this helps.

i faced the same bug, except getting stuck in elevator.
But, unlike described here solution by SililosS, leaving area didnt help me:
As you can see on first screenshot, i need to leave area on the map:
20201223160116_1.jpg

Then game says me go back to the hotel:
20201223160121_1.jpg

And on the 3rd screen i ran away little bit more, so "escape the hotel" is completed, but quest isnt finished and Dino dont call me:
20201223160133_1.jpg

I was able to finish the quest despite it being buggy.
I had originally sneaked into the hotel and to the 19th floor and dispatched the security.
Then, I shot Koch in her room. I had the Target Analysis mod on so it only knocked her out.
The mission still showed that I had to Neutralize her and clear the roof. She was already knocked out at this point but I didn't give it too much thought.
I cleared the roof. Nothing. Then I went to the lobby. Nothing. Carried her to the roof. Nothing.
Then I figured, the mission still expects V to Neutralize her. So I shot her again, this time killing her.
The mission updated to Escape the hotel.
I left the hotel lobby, but it still showed Escape the hotel and showed the mission marker in the Lobby.
I tried reentering and exiting from a few different exits. Nothing worked. Until I just started walking away from the hotel onto the street. After I got some distance from the hotel, and that's when the mission completed with Dino calling me and informing me of the same.

I had all these and the final thing i tried was just throwing her off of the roof and that seemed to work.
It also counted and being out of the hotel so it completed the mission with no issue

So, I have another problem with this gig. For me, this is the only thing that keeps me from my 100% achivement completion =)
The whole sidemission wont trigger and I dont even get a call from Dino. So I cant even ride up the elevator. Even with active cheating trainer and infinite jumps to the roof I cant seem to work through this job because the whole area is just dead. Not a single npc there. Dont know how to do it other than cleaning the whole City center again from a earlier save, which sucks hard...

I got it to pop by leaving through the side entrance on the bottom floor after killing everything. Got the call from Dino and the game crashed on me so I had to do it again.

Guys

I found a method to finish the quest without killing her and sent her to AV.

1.Kill all the guards on the 19th floor.
2.Kill all the guards on the roof top without talking to her. [ just leave her in the room]
3.Take the elevator down kill all the guards on the 1st floor. [included dumb bugged bot]
4.If you do it right you can save the game
5.Go back to the 19th Floor and knock her out.
6.Now proceed as normal.

Cheers!

I tried different scenarios to see if there is a path where the OP's issue is not encountered. I tried:
1.) killing Koch while on BD
2.) kill Koch after she "backs up" her research
3.) kill her out of BD but did not let her "back up" her files.
In all instances, I killed her using a pistol, an AR and a monowire. It seems first time I knock her out, the NPC enters an unconscious state first (doesn't matter if I used firearms or the monowire) which triggers the bugged scenario. If I shoot her again or hit her with the monowire, Koch enters a dead state and triggers another scenario for V to leave the area. This seems to be the preferred path since exiting the area will end the quest.

There were also several instances of me getting locked when traversing the elevator because of the iron railings not retracting. I reloaded the save, still inside the elevator, and the railing will be cleared. Hope this helps.
Exactly, the ONLY way to end this quest is to kill her and leave the area.
Cdpr should be more precise on quest objectives because "neutralize" does not mean "kill"

Guys

I found a method to finish the quest without killing her and sent her to AV.

1.Kill all the guards on the 19th floor.
2.Kill all the guards on the roof top without talking to her. [ just leave her in the room]
3.Take the elevator down kill all the guards on the 1st floor. [included dumb bugged bot]
4.If you do it right you can save the game
5.Go back to the 19th Floor and knock her out.
6.Now proceed as normal.

Cheers!

Yep it works for me!:) You can also do this way without killing, just knock out enemies and kill robots, but in any way you need to be expose.
My NO KILL rote:
1. Get exposed at 1st floor.
2.Knock out all enemies on 1 floor and kill robots.
3. Knock out all enemies at 19-th floor and kill robots.
4. Back to 1th floor and knock out few arrived enemies.
5. Go to the roof and knock out all enemies.
6. Go to security room and knock out female npc. In this way you will skip short dialogue in her room. Hope she had time backup all data before escaping in this area:)
6. Go to the roof and send her away.
7. Leave the area.
8. DONE.

So amazing loot on this job though. Got 3 legendary items (2 in the same room). Not sure if that was just luck or intentional. Best job ever. Don't even care if it gets completed.

After I killed everyone all I did was walk out to the street, called my car in and tracked another job and the gig closed. Did an autosave inside of the hotel and loaded back and it worked again.

Came across map marker. Dino called
Walked in..nobody around. disabled cams and turret. Walked into elevator, shut door, thats it..elevator never went anywhere, just locked me inside.
reloaded (repeatedly trying various different things, running away for a bit, etc).
Come on CDPR, get it together. This is a PC version I am talking here...bugs are far less mind you, but still persistent and quest breaking stuff.

Top Bottom