Gun customization or lack there of

+
I would like to know how random NPCs have access to a multitude of color customizations while my guns have to remain basic as I either find or buy them. The gun stores should allow players to fully customize there guns at least at the visual level. I have found a lot of cool colorways on some pretty basic guns some of which have no upgrading specs for example my favorite Marvel character is Ironman and I found a beautiful "Common" Red and Gold HJSH-18 Masamune I cant find the specs to upgrade it to a higher level and I really love this gun past the color scheme it has. But it makes gun fights take to long as it is my weakest gun in terms of DPS.

Oh boy. It sounds like they are lacking in the mod category. I just thought it was because I wasn't far into the game yet.
To me it's starting to look like items (clothing, mods, weapons, cybernetics, etc.) were just lazy-coding. Same item, over and over, with just slightly increased stats each iteration. Lazy-coding.
We need a bigger variety of different effects.

Bump. Still at the beginning of the game and just learned theres no weapon customization from this post. Another MAJOR disappointment.

Items need an overhaul, instead of constant flow of meaningless loot for that extra dps, they should follow the tabletop rpg rules.
Have base item and then masterwork items, add upgrades at significant cost where it send a message that the piece you are building its THE PIECE, messing with the chamber and frame so you can use a type of ammo. Allow to customize damage type by changing ammo types explosive rounds, shocking rounds that stun people with too much chrome, fire rounds to crowd control and stun enemies on horrified state, piercing rounds where they can go through armor and even hit an extra enemy depending on the distance where you shot and hollow point for low armor targets and adding a bleeding damage.

For techies allow then to have a further weapon customization option where they can mess around with recoil and fire rate of the weapon so you have a new power so to say for techies and at the same time add interesting variant options for weapons.

As for cosmetic, allow the players to paint their guns, add decals or whatever.

Top Bottom