Gun does hilariously little damage, please help!

+
Disclaimer: I know nothing about this game, after 13 hours I still feel like a noob lol.

So I have attached a picture of what weapon I use. Id estimate it takes about 5 headshots to kill what appears to be a regular human enemy, or roughly 30-40 body shots. I don't know what could be wrong. Every other game I have played, it takes one headshot to or about 5 body shots with a normal gun kill an enemy.
I can't enjoy the game like this and I really want to. Can someone tell me what could be wrong? I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

I'd love to know what guns deal high damage if possible.

Attachments

• IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    929 KB · Views: 108
Disclaimer: I know nothing about this game, after 13 hours I still feel like a noob lol.

So I have attached a picture of what weapon I use. Id estimate it takes about 5 headshots to kill what appears to be a regular human enemy, or roughly 30-40 body shots. I don't know what could be wrong. Every other game I have played, it takes one headshot to or about 5 body shots with a normal gun kill an enemy.
I can't enjoy the game like this and I really want to. Can someone tell me what could be wrong? I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

I'd love to know what guns deal high damage if possible.

You could have ventured into an area where the enemies are higher level than you. the game doesn't outright tell you the levels so its about color (if you see orange above the yellow health bar nope the eff out for now - tbh I still havent 100% figured out what color corresponds to what yet lol). I've found that assault rifles seem to be the least powerful weapon type in the game, especially later on, but thats solely because I use power snipers (too OP) and revolvers. I would caution you though to not rely solely on a weapon for encounters. Try to really experiment with everything at your disposal to deal with enemies, and don't forget you have quick hacks. the stealth in this game is SO good if you utilize it.

Last edited:
All guns do if you are built for it. SMG/Rifles(all)/Pistols/Bladed melee are all in Reflex tree, Shotgun/Blunt in body. Also weapons tend to need to be upgraded via crafting (Tech tree). Also enemy HP is directly tied to difficulty. Easy 1 shot/Normal 3-10 shots/Hard etc. So easier to help if we knew your current level, point allocations and difficulty you are playing on. I tend to use bladed melee as the tree makes you pretty much immortal, or quickhacking because you can complete missions sometimes without ever even entering the building, all weapons are viable and get OP af once you have the the right skills for them.

I have done several play throughs so far and in my personal experience if you specialize super hard into 1 weapon type, 1 utility and crafting you trivialize content. In order of OP IMO and only IMO is: Quick Hacks > Bladed Melee > any smart gun especially legendary variants > pistols > Snipers > Shotguns >Assaults/SMG > Blunt (blunt DPS tool tip is identical to bladed but heavy attacks disrupt your movement and the perks are no where near bladed in OPness, otherwise would rank higher)

Last edited:
I have done 3 different builds. The only thing in common is that I have crafting for all of them straight to 18 before any other stats are bought. You will always be able to upgrade much easier, cheaper, and crafted weapons also do more damage. Instead of limping around, you'll be able to easily just craft a new weapon and use that. Don't bring any Iconic stuff to legendary until around 40 if you can help it. It'll save you a lot on mats. Legendary mats are the only thing that aren't too easy to get without buying. The rest you can creatively have an infinite amount of.

You could have ventured into an area where the enemies are higher level than you. the game doesn't outright tell you the levels so its about color (if you see orange above the yellow health bar nope the eff out for now - tbh I still havent 100% figured out what color corresponds to what yet lol). I've found that assault rifles seem to be the least powerful weapon type in the game, especially later on, but thats solely because I use power snipers (too OP) and revolvers. I would caution you though to not rely solely on a weapon for encounters. Try to really experiment with everything at your disposal to deal with enemies, and don't forget you have quick hacks. the stealth in this game is SO good if you utilize it.

It's fairly simple;

Skull - Way stronger than you, can 1-2 shot you
Red - stronger than you, can kill you in a few shots
Orange/yellow - evenly matched, don't be stupid and you'll win
Green - slightly weaker than you, a point blank shotgun shot can kill you.
Blue - way weaker, a point blank shot from a shotgun is the only thing that can really hurt you.
Grey - Way, WAY, weaker than you. Can't really hurt you unless you let them.

I'm not clear on how it's calculated. It's not entirely level based. It seems the game takes into consideration your DPS, armor and health to determine the color.

As for the OP - my guess is you wandered into an area with stronger enemies. If that's the best gun you could find, you should stick to Watson for now. Do blue missions on your map, they usually include some decent gear for your level. You'll quickly get stronger than they are. Alternatively you could do the main mission and you'll find some decent gear too.

Don't forget this is an RPG. Depending on your difficulty, only headshots from really powerful guns (revolvers/sniper rifles) will kill enemies in a single shot.

Top Bottom