GunPlay / Combat

+
Hey guys,

What are your feeling about the Gunplay?

For me the fight sequences are really a painful moment to go through.

If a game has realistic guns but they don't work like guns, it's automatically a bit of a turn off for me.

I mean, I can kill a guy by blowing on his neck. But I need 60+ bullets t bring him down?

It's not even BB guns, it's Nerf...

I could accept that for cyber armored guys I need a lot of ordonnance.

But 1/2 of the enemies have a light jacket and a shirt...

Sorry to bring concurrence on the table. But RDR2 fight system like would be more adequate.

Currently, the fight are so a waste of bullets and so much chaos...

I'm so busy spraying my guns on my enemies that I don't have the time or don't think to use my abilities.

A tactical 2-3 bullet kill would reward preparation and aim.

same here, i feel like if i wan't to play it different i have to sneak play to hack them enemies and so on. trying to make a combo of that to this doesn't feel so fly. i imagined i would be able to hit a few punch and maybe a prompt button to hack and blow it's head up or something like that.

Guest 4406876

I ahd the same issues...idk It's a " movie with RPG elements" so I excuse it till a certain point, maybe early game isn't very well balanced but maybe there was no way to do it differently. Kinda like "if you go stealth you're rewarded with no bullets used and fast kills, if you get caught prepare for the longest boring fights against uninteresting AI and worst placeholder friendly Jackie possible". It's a chore to go thru the first hours of the game. Maye they should pay more attention to gameplay elements instead of genitals in the next games, because they lack a lot in that regard.

You can say "it is not a shooter, it is RPG", but I won't take it as excuse, because shooting is a one of the most frequently used core gameplay mechanics, and it should be done well. Gunplay sucks, mostly because of balance decisions made by people who never played shooters, who don't like shooters, who had seen maybe some call of duty footage and they don't know and don't understand what is fun in first person shooters, what makes shooting satisfying and impactful, they have no idea how to balance different weapons except equalizing DPS numbers across weapon classes. Movement control and quickstop shots? Spray patterns? Complex recoil progressions? Nah, let's just fiddle with damage and shots per second, so one weapons will feel like sluggish abominations able to shoot once in a while with reloading as fast as medieval flintlock muskets, and other weapons will feel like pea spitters, because they have high fire rate. No difference in damage for LMG and SMG, because we can't wrap our heads around more than two weapon attributes.

Your build is just bad, and you're using bad guns. You can oneshot everyone after level 5-6 if you put some thought into perks and attributes.

On very hard your only option is to sneak around and take a few headshots here and there. In normal gunplay bullets to kill is a number and that number is wayyyy to big.

On very hard your only option is to sneak around and take a few headshots here and there. In normal gunplay bullets to kill is a number and that number is wayyyy to big.

Why do people keep repeating this obvious misinformation? Your build is just bad, that's all. Seriously, at lvl45 my comrades hammer crits for over 800k. That's a pistol.

you dont have right perks for your guns.... there are perks that give more crit when you fire from cover for example, some give you straight damage bonus against humans, etc etc... these perks will make even body hits quite lethal against normal enemy... this game is not FPS... it relies on perk system and undevelopped character will struggle with certain tactics, while developed character towards specific tactics will breeze through easily (maybe sometimes too much)

The main problem is, that you can go anywhere after the prologue.
And when you're only level 5-10, you have no business being there.
The game has a "Power Creep" / "Power Scale" that is way too big.
The Malestrom Gangers only have 100-300 life points as an example. The Valentinos Ganger in the City Center around 7000+

Of course that's completely absurd. The cyborgs are "one hit down" but the "Guys in Shirts" can take 500+ headshots.

Every real RPG I know
Like: Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2020, D&D etc. etc.
All have a consistent world where a pistol/Sword is always a pistol/Sword. No matter if a level 1 character or a level 20 character is holding the gun in your face. It's always a threat.

The problem is that many "Video Game RPG" have believed for years that "Borderlands" Looter Shooter mechanics are great. But what that is, is just pretended progress! An illusion! You don't get a cool new weapon all the time. No! you only get the same weapon with higher numbers.

I hope there will be an "Enhanced Edition" mod for CP2077 soon, just like for Wichter 3. It did everything consistently in Witscher 3 too. A Valen wolf was then only a little weaker than a Skellige wolf. Just like robbers and monsters. All true a little different, but the world was consistent and coherent in itself ....

@Dagobert666---awesome post!

The color coded looter shooter **** definitely sucks. Not to mention being able to disassemble vinyl records, clothing, and food stuffs so you can rub awesome sauce on your gun and make it more powerful! :ROFLMAO:

I don't know why they didn't use a more real world system of modding weapons; like different stocks, attachments (lights, lasers, vertical grips etc) longer/shorter barrels, differnt calibers, etc that have actual beneficial and detrimental characteristics for your weapon.

BTW CDPR: Suppressors haven't nerfed performance in more than 30 years. Just sayin................

I love smart weapons, the absolut best

nomal shotguns' animations are a bit strange
melee weapons feel stiff
(Vermintiode games are good example of good melee weapons' animations)

it would add to combat immersion if enemis'weapons have laser sights

Yeah, it's kinda ballz.

I thought they would go the Fallout route and make all weapons have base stats that can then be modified by the player. So it's about your aesthetic taste and preferred gameplay style. Also gives weapons some character.

It's like a half baked Borderlands system mixed with The Outer Worlds. Except not good...

This whole game is half baked. Well not the story. That was good. Disappointingly linear, but good.

Top Bottom