Gunslinger (Rifles & Handguns) Build Help?

+
I'm basically looking for a bit of an assist in plotting out my build for a primarily combat oriented gunman. Obviously Reflexes will need to be 20, I want Body to be 6 for the heavier power rifles, but I am unsure on the rest. Tech is obviously fantastic for both mitigating a low Body stat, as well as opening closed off areas and general crafting and upgrading. But here I am stuck. Intelligence is nice, but this is Cyberpunk where Cool is the Rule. Does anyone disagree there? It's a rough choice for me.

After that, if people could offer up their own recommended Perks lists and order to get them (plus Perks to avoid) I'd appreciate that. Currently playing a Berserkin' Brawler and I need the combat as I dislike the Hacking options with Contagion and Shock, etc.

Last build (in 1.2)
For Gun (Overture with suppresor for stealth, Quazar (2 bullet per shot) when large cleaning needed. Those 2 guns did to 1.5K DPS)
(but little bit of katana and LMG for gainning XP (and perk pts) on assaults)

Lvl 50
Body 5 (one free skill point at final)
Reflexes 16 (Far West perk realy usefull)
Tech 18 (wep so useful for upgrading/craft and recover usefull mod (crit chance/crit damage))
INT 20 (for legendary QH, mostly for ping/optic reboot. Ping->Optic reboot->about 20s for cleaning the area with gun)
Cool 12 (No need more, just for Phantom perk and cold blood boost)

No need any perk pts into perk who provide crit chance because clothes mods already provide 100%.

(Sandevistan is cool but, in my opinion, hacking is too usefull to play without. And bersek for only 6 in body and gun, not so convinced)

Last edited:
it depends with what kind of cyberdeck u want to play - if u wanna use breach protocol and some support hacks a bit of INT wouldnt be bad. if u want to go bruteforce with a berserk cyberdeck int would be waste but u need at least mid to high body for the berserk decks. last one u could go with is sandevistan - the matrix bullet time deck.

in a nutshell:
18 points in body for berserk
or 12+ int for breach protocol (cameras, turrets etc as well as support quickhacks)

you also can consider at least 12-18 points in tech for epic/legendary upgrades on your iconics.
its a matter of personal playstyle noone really can answer for you.
cool is always good for stealth and cold blood boosts....

my gunslinger is specced as followed but like i said there are several ways:

Nomade - Male (50)
Brute Force Handgun Build
OS: Dynalar Sandevustan MK4 or Warp Dancer Sandevistan MK5
Main Weapon: Malorian Arms 3516 or Lizzys Gun
Secondary: Chaos (for fun <3 )
Hours played: 151
20 Reflexe
20 Tech
20 Cool
——————-
8 Body
3 Intelligent

i personally chose tech over body (berserk) or int (support hacks) - to be most flexible with tech weapons and granates but thats just me ^^

Im currently running a build dedicated to rifles and handguns, with the option to get my shotgun out(close and personal). I have been holding on to my skillpoints /perk until i need a special one to progress in the direction i'd like. This is my current build:

Attachments

• 20210409232254_1.jpg
    20210409232254_1.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Reflex, Tech and Cool. Everything else is shit. You're not gonna use int at all because you're not gonna use a deck, you're gonna use a Sandevistan, and the 6str weapons are not needed at all. Even if you don't stealth at all, Cold Blood gives you massive dmg bonuses. You can use mantis blades or a sword for melee situations or just toss guns altogether once you get bored and just use a sword. (Blades + Sandevistan is the only fun way to kill stuff in this game IMO)

And before someone comes with "but muh x, y z" he isn't asking for your RP build.

Last edited:
Reflex, Tech and Cool. Everything else is shit. You're not gonna use int at all because you're not gonna use a deck, you're gonna use a Sandevistan, and the 6str weapons are not needed at all. Even if you don't stealth at all, Cold Blood gives you massive dmg bonuses.

And before someone comes with "but muh x, y z" he isn't asking for your RP build.
Although my build goes with the same attributes u recommended - he asks for opinions and there are plenty of possibilities to raise one over another is a bit tunnelviewed. Berserk or Environment/SupportHacks are also valid depending on playstyle. F.e if u feel naked without Ping and Camera shutdowns there is no reason not to go with mid int and a hacker deck... - he asked for opinions not for a max dmg build.

Last edited:
Although my build goes with the same attributes u recommended - he asks for opinions and there are plenty of possibilities to raise one over another is a bit tunnelviewed. Berserk or Environment/SupportHacks are also valid depending on playstyle - he asked for opinions not for a max dmg build.

The problem is that you can only use 1 cyberware item. Berserk, Sandevsitan or Cyberdeck. This means there is 0 point in raising other skills than the one you want to use. None. Cool + Tech and then Body, Reflex or Int or you're just wasting points becaue the good cyberware require 18 Body/Reflex/Int.

The system is stupid as it punishes you so heavily for picking differently, but that's just the way the game works. Without Tech all those Iconic weapons are crap, without cool you lose insane amounts of damage so you're kinda left with choosing to do 1 thing extremely well or being shit at everything.

On normal and easy this obviously doesn't matter cause the enemies go down by you looking at them but on Very Hard you're kinda shit outta luck.

Yeah we agree on that :)

personally I’m on my 6th char and thought I try a most flexible combat hybrid which covers all kinds of guns, melee (blades&brawl) and cyberware (Mantis&Monowire)

Thought of something like
18 Reflex
18 Body
18 Cool
12 Tech (at least epic upgrades)

leaving Int at 3. So i can go in every mode my mood pushes me by using Tabularasa.

whatcha think about it? ^^

Last edited:
Yeah we agree on that :)

personally I’m on my 6th char and thought I try a most flexible combat hybrid which covers all kinds of guns, melee (blades&brawl) and cyberware (Mantis&Monowire)

Thought of something like
18 Reflex
18 Body
18 Cool
12 Tech (at least epic upgrades)

leaving Int at 3. So i can go in every mode my mood pushes me by using Tabularasa.

whatcha think about it? ^^

If you find it fun to lug around 20 different weapons for no practical reason, by all means.

Personally, for Reflex build, I use a pistol for sneak kills and sniping (because of the perk that gives them infinite range) an Assault Rifle in case of a shootout and the Satori sword.

Everything dies in 1 headshot on Very Hard. No fuss. Even with the Assault Rifle, the heavy one does enough dmg per shot to do that with cold blood.

Last edited:
My character was TEC phobic (relative for the time and world she was in) so NO cybernetics for me (beyond the basics the government and society force you to have) just a sniper riffle, Skippy, revolver and the best Katana possible to get in the game. Jacked all the hand gun, blade and cold blood skills to max and I was a Critical hit nightmare for all the poor bastards I came up against!

After getting Skippy and having an "odd couple" relationship with this blasted new fangled smart ass AI tec thing she did start to warm up a little to the new times and started using clothing mods for speed and even more CRITICAL % and damage.

All my fights now with the opponents are a thrilling (and realistic) who will land the killing shot first!

By the time I got to Alaska tower for the don't fear the reaper ending taking them all on by myself was almost no problem.
That was my reward for the 100 or so hours I spent grinding my character's skills up to max. I hate the typical Boss battles that require "rinse and repeat" with a bullet sponge so this was the perfect end to a great game and I had a blast playing and earning my end game the way I wanted it to end.

I think that is one of the best things about these types of single player games, you can pick and choose the skills, equipment and loadouts that will make the game the perfect game for your own taste. IF you are the type that likes long drawn out combat with enemies that you have to labor over to kill then you can make the game that way with how you play the game. But if you like the sweet science of chess at 60 miles an hour or the gunslinger first head shot kills it is all in the same game.

Int 9
20 Reflex
12 Body
20 Cool
20 Tech (ONLY for lock picking, so in my RP this was 20 in "lock picking" not general TECOLOGY)

Last edited:
Top Bottom