GWENT actual gameplay video

+
GWENT actual gameplay video

This post isn't updated anymore. Explanation

Scoia'tael versus Monsters (Gamescom 2016)
Posted by Pawel1995

Scoia'tael versus Northern Realms (Gamescom 2016)
[video=youtube;lRni1oWWi-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRni1oWWi-I[/video]
Posted by Shikate

Northern Realms versus Monsters
Posted by maxllmus

Monsters versus Scoia'tael

Northern Realms versus Monsters

Other Videos
E3 2016 Reveal

E3 2016 Recap

Full Announcement Trailer

Behind the Scenes

Interview with Damien Monnier

Damien Monnier interview with Gameplay

Interview with Brad Auty

Join the Beta
Enjoy! :victory:

Last edited:
Looks pretty slick so far.

Watching this and several other videos it's clear they've really made an effort to increase the complexity though the introduction of many new card abilities and different variations on old abilities. Can't wait to get some more in depth info.

Here's some more gameplay for anyone interested

and another

Has anyone found any gameplay videos where they show Scoiatael and Skellige decks being played?

So far I have only seen them play Northern Realms and Monsters.

Has anyone found any gameplay videos where they show Scoiatael and Skellige decks being played?

So far I have only seen them play Northern Realms and Monsters.

Well unless there was someone there cosplaying as Saskia or Cerys ;), then no I don't think we've seen those decks played yet.

Thanks for posting all these videos guys. I literally only found out about Gwent being released as a standalone today. Now that I've seen what is to come I'm too excited.

Okay, so I noticed something that has to be an unintentional bug which slipped through the cracks or else it is a significant handicap to Monsters. When the faction ability chose a card that's dependent on Frost to stay on the board, it is removed as a result of no Frost on the new round. That makes the faction ability totally useless!

I hope a RED is reading this. ;)

I believe that it's not a bug and it makes the game even more interesting. When a monster is bound to a certain weather, it just dies if the weather conditions are not met. It's quite logical:
A creature made of ice melts when the temperature is too hot but there is a frost card on the deck so it stays and fights. After the next round the monster stays on the board, but since there is no more frost, it melts and dies. Gwent is going to be a really interesting game thanks to the features like this and I can't wait even more to play it - sometimes luck will be the most important to win games :D

I believe that it's not a bug and it makes the game even more interesting. When a monster is bound to a certain weather, it just dies if the weather conditions are not met. It's quite logical:
A creature made of ice melts when the temperature is too hot but there is a frost card on the deck so it stays and fights. After the next round the monster stays on the board, but since there is no more frost, it melts and dies. Gwent is going to be a really interesting game thanks to the features like this and I can't wait even more to play it - sometimes luck will be the most important to win games :D
If a faction ability is not involved, then sure. Else, this is unfair to one particular faction when the rest can have their abilities triggered successfully regardless of circumstances.

If a faction ability is not involved, then sure. Else, this is unfair to one particular faction when the rest can have their abilities triggered successfully regardless of circumstances.

Why unfair? Monsters' ability might be really important and strong or quite useless (like in this case). Thanks to pros and cons of this "powerful" ability it's balanced just like the other faction abilities. But we can't talk about balance yet since the closed beta isn't even launched. I'm sure that if this bad luck will make the monsters faction too weak, the ability will receive some changes, don't worry :)

Top Bottom