GWENT Art Contest is now live!

+
GWENT Art Contest is now live!

Across many lands and adventures in the world of The Witcher, you met mighty heroes, confronted powerful mages and slew terrifying monsters. But did you ever feel like there’s something missing in your GWENT deck?

This is your time to shine! Take up the challenge, get creative and show off your skills — join the GWENT Art Contest!

Learn more at playgwent.com/art-contest

4RM3D;n10532442 said:
I really want to enter, but my skills don't go beyond this:

Well, nobody is stopping you from submitting that stick figure. I reckon you won't get very far with it, but at least you'll take part in the contest in a way.

Oh, this is one contest whose results I'll definitely be looking forward to. Especially since I also don't exactly have artistic skill beyond stick figures. :D

Good luck to everyone entering the contest!

About Gwent Art Contest!

Hello !, I really want to participate in the art contest but I do not know which characters are NOT currently in the game ... I do not know every charachter / creature that appears in all Witcher series...and I guess many people have this same question

if it is possible that someone makes a list with these characters and / or creatures that currently do NOT exist in the arts of the Gwent to facilitate the artists to make the decision closest to their own tastes.

I would love to do it myself but I do not know where to start .. I'm sure there is an expert on the subject and can help us!

Thanks in advance! regards!

The easiest way is to search the card database. It works pretty well, except for those cases where the character has multiple names (e.g. Villentretenmerth => Borch Three Jackdaws). Alternatively, you can just post the name of the character you want to draw and then someone else can confirm whether or not (s)he's in the game.

RosariasFinger;n10561082 said:
I'm in 3d rendering/modelling usually working with architecture, but was thinking of using 3dsmax/vray/photoshop to create something in this vein: https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets...jpg?1476269601

Though I'm not sure who to choose that hasn't been done already.

Well done. You should really give it a try.
For the character, there is a few in The Witcher 1 that hasn't been done just yet.
Siegfried or Raymond, for example.
Also can you draw items or spells? Because there is a few you could make (but again, make sure it count as an entry).

I advise you to check Witcher wiki, with a little research, you could find a few characters, not only from the game but also from the novel.
4RM3D;n10532442 said:
I really want to enter, but my skills don't go beyond this:

Best of luck to everyone else.
I found the premium version of your card :
https://youtu.be/zO9t_Jhyl-8

I'm super excited to enter this! Worried I don't fully have the abilities to match the style of the existing cards, but hopefully i'll be able to pull something out the bag! :D

edit: Also, I'm currently deciding whether to draw Vysogota of Corvo, or Tomira the Herbalist.
What do you think of my choices? Which one do you think I should go with (because you can only submit 1! D: )

Last edited:
ThePonchoPilgrim;n10573342 said:
[...]Also, I'm currently deciding whether to draw Vysogota of Corvo, or Tomira the Herbalist.[...]

I'm waiting for a card of Vysogota since closed beta. You would definetly do me a favour. :cheers:

Edit: Always imagined his card as a scene reading a book or preparing medicine with the still recovering Ciri in the background.

So are multiple submissions from the same person okay? (In which case I assume only 1 prize per person)
And while art based on existing character cards is against the rules, is it okay to use them as sort of 'decoration', like Priscilla in the background of Hubert's card art and Geralt at the foreground of Olaf's?
Finally are named versions of monsters fair game? (like Morvud, Abaya, or any of the other Bounty Monsters from the witcher games?)

Top Bottom