GWENT Art Contest is now live!

+
Legendarum;n10640341 said:
I've only just seen the news for this competition, and I'm dying to enter it.

Question though, the competition specifies a 2D Digital painting. Does it have to be made completely digitally? I'm an oil painter by profession, and I'm wondering if I can scan in a painting, and perhaps alter it digitally in post-production?

Or, does the painting have to created 100% through the use of a tablet or whatever?

Basically, if you want to paint something, scan it and send it to us - it will not be eligible. However, if you use your scanned work as a base of your digital picture - it's okay. :)

Question/ suggestion: Does the contest system give any confirmation (like an email, or a cookie) for people who already submited? If not, it might be good to implement in the future. Either an email, or some interface that replaces the upload dialogue with your work (since rules don't allow for multiple entries per person, right?)

The reason I'm bothering you with this is because I have bad internet and am still unsure whether my upload succeeded. Anything reassuring me that it did would be nice.

dobikuba;n10762291 said:
The reason I'm bothering you with this is because I have bad internet and am still unsure whether my upload succeeded. Anything reassuring me that it did would be nice.

You can contact support. They can verify if they have received your submission. I am not sure if you are suppose to get a verification e-mail. I actually would suspect so. Let me double check.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
dobikuba;n10762291 said:
Question/ suggestion: Does the contest system give any confirmation (like an email, or a cookie) for people who already submited? If not, it might be good to implement in the future. Either an email, or some interface that replaces the upload dialogue with your work (since rules don't allow for multiple entries per person, right?)

After submitting an entry page displays confirmation.

If you want to make sure, please send me or Alicja. a PM and tell us when did you send your entry and what email/name did you use - we can check it for you :)

Dear CD PROJEKT RED Team,

My daughter who is 14 years old wants to participate in the contest. She has already finished the art but I want to double check something before she will send it.
One of the terms is that her parent (me) will read and accept Contest Rules plus will approve her participation.
Of course I've already read the rules but I'm not sure if I should approve/confirm it somehow to CD Projekt Red. She has put a lot of work in her art and I want to be 100% sure it will qualify.
Thanks in advance for the answer.

Regards
Piotr and Natalia

tortue1982;n10764981 said:
Dear CD PROJEKT RED Team,

My daughter who is 14 years old wants to participate in the contest. She has already finished the art but I want to double check something before she will send it.
One of the terms is that her parent (me) will read and accept Contest Rules plus will approve her participation.
Of course I've already read the rules but I'm not sure if I should approve/confirm it somehow to CD Projekt Red. She has put a lot of work in her art and I want to be 100% sure it will qualify.
Thanks in advance for the answer.

Regards
Piotr and Natalia

As far as I can see the rules don't require you to contact CDPR directly to confirm that, so it's best to just submit the picture.

If CDPR needs some sort of confirmation at some point, I'm sure they'll send an Email and ask for it.

devivre;n10765021 said:
As far as I can see the rules don't require you to contact CDPR directly to confirm that, so it's best to just submit the picture.

If CDPR needs some sort of confirmation at some point, I'm sure they'll send an Email and ask for it.

Got it. Thanks a lot!

Wanted to share my end result that I submitted last night- the Lady of the Lake. Even though her cameo in Witcher 3 was short, that scene with her brining back Aerondight to Geralt always stuck in my mind and became the basis for this piece.

RedSpotSylphina;n10806211 said:
Now that the voting has started, may I submit my entry to the ArtStation and DeviantArt as well? :)

Of course you can! Rules aren't forbidding posting arts on other websites :)

Vattier;n10829051 said:
Of course you can! Rules aren't forbidding posting arts on other websites :)

Ok, I'll do it right away :) Well, I guess only on ArtStation for now, because DeviantArt is playing dead at the moment.

Top Bottom