GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hi @Burza46,

Is on your radar something like Faction Ladder, for 100-games one-deckers or just people who really likes to play only one faction ?

Hmmm - I'm also heavily faithful to the Monster faction, but I hadn't really thought of the consequences the new system could have on this type of player; With the current system though, perhaps you could take one of two routes:
1. Work with the current system, proving you're a good all-around player or even a master of each faction's Metas/Styles.
2. Take one faction to the pro-ladder, then (provided you've mostly been playing with that faction...maybe...80% of the season?) fight through so many of each other faction's pro-ladder players, effectively proving that your faction-specific-decks deserve to be there by beating out everyone else. This could show mastery of both your faction's cards, AND the neutral cards, as it takes a good amount of skill to pit theoretically worse decks against min-maxed opponents from style-specific factions.

...Although now that I think about it, rotating a Faction Ladder about like the extra gamemodes for Arena would be pretty cool; it'd give players from those factions a solid chance to show that their strategies are king...and this could help bring cards that need to be buffed or debuffed out into the limelight as well.

Last edited:
Dear all,

Can you restore the old version of gwent or make old game. This is not gwent. after you've let us play the best card game. You decided to change the complete game. Please do not do that. you killed the best game. Do not this...
Please,Please,Please,Please,Please

Give us a chance to play the old version
Believe me that more people will play the old version

Hello, where do I find patch notes? Seems like there was an update. (Provision Costs for Spear 7 instead of 5 for example)

Dear all,

Can you restore the old version of gwent or make old game. This is not gwent. after you've let us play the best card game. You decided to change the complete game. Please do not do that. you killed the best game. Do not this...
Please,Please,Please,Please,Please

Give us a chance to play the old version
Believe me that more people will play the old version
It won't hurt to add original as a game mode.

Is there anywhere online or in-game where you can view patch changes?

In the NEWS section. For the last patch, there is a thread here. Also, in-game on the main page, on the left, there are news articles sliding past.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)

Are you guys going to go through the cards and correct crafting costs. Three that I've found so far are -

Isbel of Hagge - Crafting: -3200 scrap, Mill: +800 scrap, Transmute:0. Isbel of Hagge Premium - No costs listed.
Scrap cost seems way out of proportion to other 5str, 8 prov. cards (craft: +800, mill: +200, transmute: -400)

Vrihedd Officer - No costs listed.

rrc

Forum veteran
Are you guys going to go through the cards and correct crafting costs. Three that I've found so far are -

Isbel of Hagge - Crafting: -3200 scrap, Mill: +800 scrap, Transmute:0. Isbel of Hagge Premium - No costs listed.
Scrap cost seems way out of proportion to other 5str, 8 prov. cards (craft: +800, mill: +200, transmute: -400)

Vrihedd Officer - No costs listed.
TB cards are costlier to craft and their premium can only be obtained from opening specific chests in TB. There are some cards which are in the starter set which can't be milled or transmutated. WitcherTrio for example, is part of starter Deck and hence can't be transmutated. You will have to craft the premium version. Probably Vrihedd Officer is such a card.

@Evangium Post moved to discussion thread.

What rrc said above is true.
Isbel, being a Thronebreaker card, costs a lot more than non-TB Legendaries and cannot be transmuted.
Vrihedd Officer, being a base set Scoia'tael card, cannot be transmuted or milled, and you can only craft premium versions of it.

Okay, so that's a different kind of problem then, similar to rules that aren't self-evident to new players. Thronebreaker cards need something other than inflated price to identify them. As for non-premium starter cards not being able to crafted or transmuted, I can't see any logic to it. If it looks like a bug or a glitch, then clearly it's not communicating the way it's intended to.

Okay, so that's a different kind of problem then, similar to rules that aren't self-evident to new players. Thronebreaker cards need something other than inflated price to identify them. As for non-premium starter cards not being able to crafted or transmuted, I can't see any logic to it. If it looks like a bug or a glitch, then clearly it's not communicating the way it's intended to.

There is a filter in the deck builder for Thronebreaker cards, Base set cards, etc.

There are no such plans, at the moment.
A Steam release is not (yet) planned.

Well...that was a false information you gave. Next time let the devs answer the question please before moving the questions to other threads and answer them for yourself incorrectly. I wouldn't have bought Thronebreaker on GOG if it wouldn't be denied by you that a steam released is not planned....:cautious:

Top Bottom