GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hello burza!

You seem to check this thread a lot so I thought I'd let you know that thronebreaker is currently experiencing a GAMEBREAKING bug on PC version at least.

Many fights (specifically the puzzles) are beyond broken. The Rotfiend one for example (in the cemetery near the temple of Melitele) does not allow you to pull cards from your deck with Caldwell. At the start of the puzzle you can check your deck and see you have 2 lyrian arbalests in it but if you play a card and end turn then check again its empty and caldwell does nothing. This means you CANNOT complete the puzzle.

It is not just that puzzle either. Many people I have seen on reddit and also the forums are complaining about the eldain fight being bugged as he simply does not take his turn when you pass it on to him. Not only are these bugs annoying but if you forfeit the game loads forever so you have to restart EVERY TIME.

This has only started happening since the newest patch. Many players have submitted bug requests but that seems to be getting them nowhere (at least no acknowledgement of the bug has been made public) so I thought to go straight to you. Perhaps the people reading the bug reports don't understand the severity of the bug.

It literally caused Stellabrate to stop streaming thronebreaker and move on to a different game a couple nights ago. He seemed to be planning on playing it the rest of the night but I'm not sure he even got a full hour in. He was so frustrated with the game messing up every single time he attempted to complete a battle.

Me and countless other players are also frustrated by this and would like to see a fix ASAP. Some people even are considering refunding because it is so unplayable currently.

Thank you for your time.

Is it possible to change the dwarven leader's ability with the elf leader?

For today the dwarf who uses the elves and the opposite.
It would be ideal, do not you think?

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I have a question regarding the premium animations on consoles. So, if I'm not just too dumb to find it there is currently no option to show all premium animations during a game on console (Xbox), like it was possible before HC. Only the one card I have selected shows its animation. That's not really satisfying. Are there any plans to change that in the future?

Hi! We might be tweaking it, but still are looking into this. Forza Vale and Happy Holidays!
Thanks for answering, Pawel. It's a very good news you might be tweaking it! Happy holiday to you, to your loved ones and to all Gwent team :)

Will console players get the option to activate premium cards at all times anytime soon? What's the point of having premium cards when they just look worse ingame because of the weird shiny effect when you are not inspecting the card.

GWENT: Ask a Dev

Greetings, Gwent enthusiasts!
We are very pleased to announce an exciting new thread: If you have any questions about Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, this is the place to ask them! The CD Projekt RED game developers will select and answer players' questions posted here.
Please, bear in mind, however, that the REDs may not be able to answer every question. Also, although the developers may often seem superhuman, they occasionally need to sleep, and get back to creating great games; therefore, they can't answer questions 24/7.

We imagine you're all burning with curiosity, however, before you post your questions, we do have some rules:
  • You may only ask Gwent-related questions. This is not the place for enquiries about CDPR's other projects, games, or business.
  • Please, remember good manners. Be respectful and polite.
  • No discussions, suggestions, or feedback in this thread. Only questions. Also, do not attempt to disguise a suggestion as a question.
  • Please, do not post the same question multiple times: This will not increase the likelihood of a reply. And, if certain questions do not receive answers, there is probably a reason for it. The final choice of which questions will receive replies is entirely up to the developers. We ask that you respect this.
  • Finally, try to keep your questions short and simple: No long lists of questions, please, or walls of text.
If your post does not follow these rules, please, be aware that the moderators may delete it without further warning.

If you wish to discuss any of the questions and answers, you may do so here: Gwent: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

On behalf of the Forums' team, thank you, have fun, and happy questioning!
Post automatically merged:

Is it in any way possible for me to transfer all the stuff I have on PlayStation to transfer over to xbox? I recently got an xbox and I was hoping that I would be able to continue where I left off. Thanks

Hi, quick question.

Is the rank rewards at end of season based on highest rank reached or current rank at season end? I just reached rank 7 I would rather stop playing ranked until season end to stay in that reward tier rather than risk losing it.

Thanks

Is the rank rewards at end of season based on highest rank reached or current rank at season end?

It's based of your current rank. You don't have to complete the entire mosaic.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)

Hello devs,

I'm a long time player of gwent (since the start of open beta) but I'm new to this forum. Having played homecoming for awhile I really have a lot of things to discuss and provide constructive ideas to help improve this game which I love so much. Since I have not posted before I have not hit the 10 post limit required to create a new thread in "suggestions". It also won't be right to randomly spam 10 (9 now) posts. What else can I do to share my discussions and ideas?

Thanks and have a nice day,
MirageImage

1) How would we be able to get premium version of starter set cards after Jan 2nd update? Currently the only way to get premium version of starter set cards (like W3) is to craft with scraps. Those cards can't be transmutated. I hope you guys have figured out a way by now. Can you please share how it will be possible to get premium of starter cards? It will help us to determine what to do with those cards.

You'll be able to create them with powder.

Can you reveal more details?

Let's take Prize-Winning Cow (epic card) as example: at this moment it needs 800 scraps to craft premium Prize-Winning Cow. Most other premium epic cards can be now crafted by using 200 scraps (to create normal version) + 300 powder (to transmute) or just by using 800 scraps (to directly create premium card).

What will be the total cost of premium Prize-Winning Cow after January's patch?

A) 200 scraps + 300 powder? (like the other premium epic cards at this moment and probably after January's patch?)
B) just 300 powder? (because normal card can't be crafted nor transmuted)
C) just X powder, where X > 300? (if this is C then can you reveal how many powder it will need?)

Last edited:
Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked, pending an answer.

Well, it's pity as I gave Burza option to just "pick a proper letter" instead of writing full sentence which requires more time.

Hey Burza & Team!
Wanted to say, I really like the way the game is being taken towards, keep up guys with the great work :)

For my questions
1. When you say premium cards will only be able to be crafted by meteorite powder, that means only powder and no scraps at all? or do you mean only the transmute?

2. Is there any chance of getting some leaks regarding January's game patch notes?

Thanks!

1. Premium Cards can only be transmutated from a standard card. It can't be created from scratch.
2. https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/gwent-ask-a-dev.8684150/post-11311846

Top Bottom