GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hey Burza!

Hope all is well!

Just a quick question, what happened to the planned bi-monthly updates? I see you putting in a lot of work on here and that's great but I think most of us were expecting more information in the form of YT videos or streams. Sad it hasn't be addressed and forgotten.

Cheers!

@ShadyLandShark

Various players have already asked why we haven't gotten any new footage yet and when we can expect some.

CDPR only wanted to show Homecoming when it's more fleshed out. So, they've decided to put the video on hold for a little longer. Hopefully we get something at the end of this month.

If we have radovid and dagon in our collection, will we get scrap and powder or their respective replacements?

Removed the question above because it has already been answered. You will receive full scraps for all cards.

Oh, another important question.
Will you change mulligan algorithm or will mulligan "bug" stay in game?

Last edited:
@mvgreen

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.

The mulligan algorithm will be changed in Homecoming.

Hi, with HC release I understand you're gonna do full value mill of our collections, right?. So, Will we receive full value for cards that we have more than the allowed copies per deck? (i.e three bronzes...etc.). In other words should we refrain from milling extra copies we find in kegs now so we can get better value with homecoming?
Thanks.

With 30 cards minimum . space to play 18 cards only will be really frustrating Imo . The row limit has to change now that only have 2 rows

1. No, want to keep it a suprise :)
2. Nice try :)
3. Eredin will be a leader, but the problem with Wild Hunt is the fact that they lack cards to build an archetype around them.
4. Traps play a more prominent role

Well, had to give it a shot :D Thanks for all the nice info, Scoia is gonna be dope!!! :)

I know you kind of spoke about this and have been asked a lot about the tracker but i think its important you not allow third party trackers with you guys making the game more complex i feel like its going to make the game twice as hard on console players who dont have access to tracker

This isn't a question, so I removed it from your post.

Hi gwent team,
I am sorry if this has been asked previously, is there a chance that the game is released to mac as well with homecoming? Can't sneak in too many games on my work PC.

Also are there any plans for nintendo switch?
Thanks!

@mycroft92

There are currently no plans to release Gwent on another platform (although there is some speculation about an Android version). Moved the question to the discussion thread because it has been answered before.

Pawel, I very much want you to take seriously the next question:

In the name of JUSTICE in the game, do you plan to DISCONNECT the AUTO SELECTION system of players? Players get themselves a COUNTR deck. This has already been proven many times. If yes, then when? If not - why?

It is already possible not to hide that each player system is looking for a counter deck, instead of random, as it should be.

It is already possible not to hide that each player system is looking for a counter deck, instead of random, as it should be.

The matchmaking system doesn't look at the decks of players. Any counter deck is either coincidental or the result of the meta.

This question was asked before, so I've moved your post over.

The matchmaking system doesn't look at the decks of players. Any counter deck is either coincidental or the result of the meta.

This question was asked before, so I've moved your post over.

I do not agree with you at the root. Selection of counter decks are working. You take the weather with you - the enemy has an antipode. You take a lot of cards against you and the enemy does not have any cards at all. You take cards with control, the opponent has a lot of small. Many bloggers have already argued this.

Top Bottom