GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Cricco89 said:
good morning Mr Burza.

Since today is my birthday i'm asking a small B-day present:

can you give me a small leek on any new NG ability or mechanic?

thank you and good work!

Of course! Happy Birthday!

Remember that this is still WIP:
John Natalis
While this unit is on the board all your other units have Zeal.

Oh no, you did not...

i spent hours enjoying this game but i think if you add the undermentioned gameplay features it would make it even more pleasent
first i think the game lacks a glossary or some sort of dictionary that can explain some terms...like in case of arachas queen the game uses the word "immune", while foes cannot lock or change the status of this unit to spy they can easily scorch it, also geralt's igni seem a little under rated, while scorch can destroy all the strongest units in any line, geralt's igni can only do this on a certain line. it's obvious that it doesn't affect the players own cards and that's a plus. but why is geralt's yrden and aard have 6 power yet it's igni has 5 (maybe balance update logs are not so accessible too)...further to the lack of explanations i can refer to another problem, after hours playing with the monster faction i still do not understand how is the draconid's consume work! why is it like this that consuming harpy eggs add 5 yet for other monsters it only adds the power of the card??
and my last request from cd projekt is to please make the game available cross platform we need to play with steam, android, playstation, ...

Hi Burza, Can you tell your boss we're ready for ptr now :)

Players are always ready.. if it's currently closed/under NDA, it's because CDPR is not ready. They still have a lot of work in progress they need to polish.

The Open PTR will be much later once they will only need to adjust few numbers and to kill the last bugs.

Players are always ready.. if it's currently closed/under NDA, it's because CDPR is not ready. They still have a lot of work in progress they need to polish.

The Open PTR will be much later once they will only need to adjust few numbers and to kill the last bugs.

I was being sarcastic

Hi Burza! There will be alternative Win-cons for Rounds, like Mecathun in HS or Revel in Riches in MTG? Maybe tied with the new created Artifacts type of cards?

Hi Burza! There will be alternative Win-cons for Rounds, like Mecathun in HS or Revel in Riches in MTG? Maybe tied with the new created Artifacts type of cards?

There won't be any alternative win conditions (unfortunately).

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.)

Guest 4322057

We will do the process for everybody, a time window is tricky, because some players might not make it in the given time and won't be later able to mill their cards for full mill. We decided that it's best to have scraps only and not scraps and powder.
So wait, if a premium card is milled we don’t get our Meteorite Powder back for it??? Or do we get the scrap cost of making the premium card? If a premium gold is milled for Homecoming, are we getting 800 Scrap, 1600 scrap, or 800 scrap and 400 powder?

- Maybe
- We won't have more time before release, Open PTR is there mainly to do small balance tweaks and bugs, from previous experience a couple days is enough to find the most pressing problems.
So midwinter strikes again, clasic... :mad:

Elven Swordmaster (WIP)
Order: Deal 1 damage to enemy. Cooldown: 2 If target died, reduce cooldown by 1 turn.

ST Handbuff is one of the very few decks since MW I still like to play. Makes me sad, that its old ability is replaced by something boring like that. The designs leaked in the HC reveal were mostly boring as well. It doesn't look like there will be more synergy than it's now. I miss the highly synergistic game from closed beta :cry::cry::cry:

ST Handbuff is one of the very few decks since MW I still like to play. Makes me sad, that its old ability is replaced by something boring like that. The designs leaked in the HC reveal were mostly boring as well. It doesn't look like there will be more synergy than it's now. I miss the highly synergistic game from closed beta

There could be 1 point disloyal units in HC or cards that reduces opponent card power to 1 so that you can use them to minimize the cooldown of swordmaster to get better benefit out of them. Meanwhile those 1 point disloyal units may have some cool effect when destroyed (though that sounds more like a unit from deathwish archetype).

And we don't know if swordmaster ability was moved to some other card, It's difficult to comment on the complexity of overall card synergy without seeing the entire pool.

So wait, if a premium card is milled we don’t get our Meteorite Powder back for it??? Or do we get the scrap cost of making the premium card? If a premium gold is milled for Homecoming, are we getting 800 Scrap, 1600 scrap, or 800 scrap and 400 powder?

1600 scraps, as explained by Burza before.

1. Are you going to reset our ore for HC ?
2. Is ore going to be useful to buy something else than klegs ?

Hi Pawel, i'm starving for info...please release new vídeos!!

Will there be any more single player modes (besides Thronebreaker)??? I love deckbuilding and trying extrange combinations but practice AI is really bad in current Gwent

Top Bottom