GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Will games we've played since HC came out count towards progress on the Mahakam reward tree once it's revealed?

Thanks =)

Will games we've played since HC came out count towards progress on the Mahakam reward tree once it's revealed?

As explained by CDPR here, you gain reward points for completing contracts and winning games. These reward points can be retroactively used on the Mahakam tree in the same way you would spend the points on the other trees.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)

New #879
Just got the new version of Gwent, get confused by the deck building system after the tutorial and deleted my Northern Realms starter pack.....

How Can I reset it or get it back?

Much more confusing than the older version ;/

The problem is not the combo but timing of events: ASSIRE on Deploy shuffles a card from graveyard back. Roach is summoned WHEN you play a gold card. At the time Assire shuffled the card back the gold card (Assire) has already been played and Roach shouldn't trigger.
Sure, at the next gold card Roach would show up anyway, but if the player has no more gold cards left Roach should stay put.

Hi! I have the same query. And also, my point is not the power swing or provision cost, I misunderstood how those 2 work together quite a few times even after reading the descriptions on both.

So is it a bug or intended game design?

Hi again! Where can I report about localization issues on cards? I see a lot of miswording on the PT-BR version of the cards right now. Hope you have a nice week!

Is Predatory Dive working as intended? The description says "EACH player destroys their lowest unit" but it can be played with only one side of the board having units. Pre-Homecoming there were cards like Pavetta that specifically needed both player's units in order to work and the description was similar.

Pretty sure that it is working as intended since it does not say "Destroy your lowest then...". Funny that you pick Pavetta as example when Pavetta in later iterations also just moved the opponents unit when you had none on the board.

Pretty sure that it is working as intended since it does not say "Destroy your lowest then...". Funny that you pick Pavetta as example when Pavetta in later iterations also just moved the opponents unit when you had none on the board.

She did? I totally missed that. Perhaps a fortuitous occurence because I would have totally made an OP Pavetta deck had I been aware...

Guest 4336264

Mu question for developers is: WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO GWENT?

I stopped playing for the 6 months or so the game was said to have no new updates, and I return to find the card game I knew, and liked, had been transformed into some other game not related to the original - or GWENT - at all!!!

I'm now expected to use some ridiculous system that relies upon 'charges', 'zeal' and all this other nonsense to win a game. Previously, I used to have strong cards, some with armour, and would win by having the strongest deck - sometimes utilising spells, etc. - simple and easy to understand (and the same as the Witcher GWENT). This current game is total GARBAGE, and is *NOT* GWENT!

What happened? Appalling!

@StvAce Post moved to discussion thread.

The game got a huge update, Homecoming -- just like was said to happen six month ago.
The new version is vastly different from beta, and so will take some time to get used to.

There are multiple general threads about the update:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...he-witcher-card-game-is-out-of-beta.10987199/
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ly-good-changes-in-gwent-homecoming.10987511/
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/hc-is-not-the-game-we-tested.10987904/

Hello, dear developers. Thank you for the great update Gwent. I wanted to offer you some tips on how to improve the game, as it is now a bit unfinished. First, return blacklists with the following patches. I have 6 cards in the deck, with 3 mulligans can not find the card to me, because I was one card comes twice in the arm - it is inconvenient and adds similarity with HeartStone. Secondly, on my laptop, the game slows down, although they had previously stated that it would be well optimized and work better than the old version of GWENT.. Thirdly, errors with disconnections have not been fixed yet. When, for example, my connection is disconnected, and then the connection is restored, the game freezes, and I or my opponent cannot put a card on the field - the game is released, and the network game bugs are not fixed, they become more frequent. Fourth, make more points in the graphics options: add the possibility to adjust the brightness, color correction, contrast. Allow to disable premium cards in the main menu so that they do not load my laptop - I have premium cards are disabled, but the main menu button is still premium. Fifth, correct the visual bug, when the game starts, the field is black and you can see how the leaders appear, and then the main screen appears with the players and leaders - it looks strange. Sixth, increase the speed of the animation. Everything is very slow, especially the transfer of cards to the graveyard - it looks ugly. Everything else is excellent. You are great fellows, keep up the good work! ;););)

I am korean and not good at english, so please understand if i spell wrong

Multi game dosen't work after I played Thronbreaker, I don't know why.

every mode(nomal, practise, arena) are searching rival but everytime no game found. even rank move just refuse me.

So I made another account and played, it's working well!

what happend my account? please I hope this problem solved as soon as possible.

1. Why did you get a completely different game Beta tested for 2 years just to give us HC which is totally different?

2. Did you all even bother thinking about the balance of HC before releasing it?

3. Why the unnecessary changes (like reducing the power values of cards which is allowing scorches, epidemics and froths to run rampant) without which there shouldn't have been a real problem from balancing or development perspective?

hi burza, is there any chance for thronebreaker release on steam ?

A Steam release is not (yet) planned.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked ans answered)

2. Did you all even bother thinking about the balance of HC before releasing it?

3. Why the unnecessary changes (like reducing the power values of cards which is allowing scorches, epidemics and froths to run rampant) without which there shouldn't have been a real problem from balancing or development perspective?

Post moved to the discussion thread. Please, do not imply things in your questions, like "even bother thinking" and "unnecessary changes". The former is rude, the latter is your opinion.

I WANT an answer from a sipi-supi DEV. So Imlerith: "If you control the HIGHEST unit, damage a unit by 2". Thats right!
His Imlerith had 8 strength my Ocvist the same, 8. AND he was able to damage me! WTF??? Since when 8 > 8?
FIX THIS HUGE BUG.!!!

I WANT an answer from a sipi-supi DEV. So Imlerith: "If you control the HIGHEST unit, damage a unit by 2". Thats right!
His Imlerith had 8 strength my Ocvist the same, 8. AND he was able to damage me! WTF??? Since when 8 > 8?
FIX THIS HUGE BUG.!!!

Hi, there. I'm not a sipi-supi Dev (whatever that means) but I think I can answer your question.
The tooltip says that if you control the highest unit (meaning the unit that has the highest numerical value on the board), you can deal 2 damage to your opponent. If the highest unit on the board is 8, and the guy who has Imlerith happens to have an 8 strength unit on his side, he can damage his opponent, even if his opponent also has an 8 strength unit, because 8 is the highest number on the board at that present time.

It doesn't matter if both players have that number on their side.

Imlerith doesn't need to have a higher unit than his opponent in order to attack, he needs to have a unit that is of at least equal value to his opponent's highest unit.

Top Bottom