GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Yeah, you can do the same in MTG. However, their cards also have an icon on them to show which set they're from.
They do have such symbols in GWENT as well:
1541923039178.png

Non-TB cards have the familiar wolf's head instead of the lion, and unmillable base set cards have GWENT's crown symbol.

Hi,

im not sure if its been asked already, but will there be any further UI improvements?

As a Graphic Designer myself who loves this game, I have a few minor suggestions that could make it easier and improve the experience for the end user.

These include:

- Clarity on Card Row Specifications

(hard to keep track of which row each card is meant to be played, especially if you're new and if future cards/patches change the row placements. Maybe add a symbol on the card art area, preferably bottom/top corner to tell which row for the card's effect to prompt?)

- Keg Opening location

(I don't think you need to exit and go through 2 screens to open kegs you just bought. Make it so you can open directly after purchasing on same screen?)

- Main Menu Hierarchy

(Item order is a bit illogical. Maybe make it Friends - Messages - Leaderboards, on the left which are the social aspects, then Reward Book - Quests, on the right, this is where the user clicks the most to check what they need to get more rewards)

- Game Loading

(At the moment it's just a standard animation, but you can add much more to make it more engaging whilst waiting for a match. You could add card art and descriptions, character lore, anything the player can read or interact with at this point, will help new players get used to the game as well. Sometimes especially at late or early hours when it takes a while to find a match, it can get a bit boring to look at.

Thanks for reading :)

Hi,

- Keg Opening location

(I don't think you need to exit and go through 2 screens to open kegs you just bought. Make it so you can open directly after purchasing on same screen?)
While we speak of keg opening, I believe it'd be very useful to show the card provision cost, especially when you have to choose between the three cards.

Was thinking lately bout this. Papa Burza said that new faction will come sooner than we think. Will it come with december update? It will be much easier for you to put up expansion later on if u completely base set of factions :D

Was thinking lately bout this. Papa Burza said that new faction will come sooner than we think. Will it come with december update? It will be much easier for you to put up expansion later on if u completely base set of factions :D

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked, pending an answer.

What was the major factor for changing cards from values (all bronzes had a power of about 10) to provisional costs?

Any chance on a skin that changes the "Battlefield" into a tavern table?

Was there ever talk of having Thronebreaker and Gwent multiplayer being completely separate things?

Hello! Just wondering, are Keg Events like Premium Keg Week still going to be a thing in Homecoming? Waiting for an event like that or an expansion to buy some more kegs :).

Dev's, is there some kind of fix mechanism in this game? If there is, can you take it away or look at whatever you've written because something isn't right in your attempt to "balance" the game.

Example (no. 242) - I have a 12 power boosted sentry on the board and in the lead having gone first. Oppo plays Vilg to destroy sentry (understandable), but my "top unit" just 'happens' to have 1 power, the lowest possible card out of the remaining 15 and literally the ONLY card that means I have lost the game. ANY other card and I could have just about got back level, but I was left 8 points behind in R1, 3 cards each left, and every one of my last cards can only swing a max. of 8 points. Means I lost CA on one "random" play. Mathematically it looks like a fix.

It just seems so very effing convenient that this kind of bullcrap happens what feels like every, single game. Is anyone else sick and tired of the "RNG" killing games?

Hello!
Can you make uniform rules for all “pass” situations, pls?

Problen with “end turn” and “pass” buttons.
It lies in the fact that there is a significant difference between "pass, when you have cards in your hand" and "pass, when there are no cards in your hand." Since when there are no cards in your hand, you «pass» at the end of the turn when you lay out the card. And when there are cards in your hand, you will not pass this turn, but next. (thereby obtaining an “extra turn”)

Example. Suppose you have 9 cards. You want to lay out 9 cards and press «pass button». You lay out 9 cards and make 9 turns.
Suppose you have 10 cards. You want to lay out 9 cards and press «pass button». You will lay out 9 cards, but the game will consider that you made 10 turns.
This “extra turn” is extremely important in some situations. In particular, it allows you to get the effect of some cards that act over time, and also additionally activates the effect of "growing" cards.

The problem is not even in the fact of the existence of an “additional turn”, but in the fact that in some cases it exists, and in some it does not. This puts players in an unequal position.

Could you bring everything to a single value, pls?

For example, when you play the last card in your hand, the “end turn” button appears as usual, and not immediately “pass”. And already at the beginning of the next turn, the “pass” button would be on (without the possibility to issue “orders " if there are no cards in your hand). This would solve many problems at once.
Or make it so that you can “pass” by simply holding the button (so that the turn always ends after the card has been played)
Anything from this. Just so that we have uniform stable rules for all situations.
Thanks for reading!

@Il.etra.tar

Your "question" is actually just feedback in disguise. More importantly, the idea behind your suggestion has already been asked here. As such, I've moved your post to the discussion thread. If you want to ask an actual question (or just a different one) try to compress it more. Feel free to try again.

I've asked several times about this - the game is goddam rigged.

Twice had Eredin to combo with Dragon, twice played against Usurper and each time the oppo had a load of lock units - coincidence? My arse it is. So I changed to a MO deck with drone spew/Glusty....didn't draw the Vran once, and at the end the oppo with their NR deck had Epidemic (whilst playing Kaedweni Revenant, wtf????) and also had Lacerate, so any 1 points got wiped before I could do anything.

Why would I be drawn against the precise decks - in the Kaedweni/Epidemic deck an utter nonsense selection - that EXACTLY counter the deck I selected??

It's a complete fix, the matchmaking is rigged and CDPR have made a complete mockery of this game. It's almost like they want online to fail so we all buy/play Thronebreaker.

THANK YOU BURZA!
I know you guys are busy working on development but I appreciate the time you took to clarify inqueries!
<33 :3

to change the gwent game mode (core mode/ classic mode)and we can play the new gwent in core mode (and only core mode has ladder mode and future new cards)

This would not only split the community but also the resources CDPR has. The following thread goes into more details why your suggestion is a bad idea: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/what-cdpr-should-have-done.10987895/

Coin flip still breaks games and the mulligan's bug is still here. When? (to "soon" or not to "soon")

The mulligan is not bugged; blacklisting is removed completely.

This would not only split the community but also the resources CDPR has. The following thread goes into more details why your suggestion is a bad idea: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/what-cdpr-should-have-done.10987895/.

1. I fail to see how keeping servers and a storefront for a CCG would be such a drain on resources
2. Inferring that the community isn't split already. If the old Gwent was still available people who don't like HC would still be playing and, more importantly for CDPR, buying kegs. As is though, these people just aren't gonna play.

1. I fail to see how keeping servers and a storefront for a CCG would be such a drain on resources
2. Inferring that the community isn't split already. If the old Gwent was still available people who don't like HC would still be playing and, more importantly for CDPR, buying kegs. As is though, these people just aren't gonna play.

1. The beta was never fully polished/finished. Keeping a defunct product in limbo is not ideal. Manpower has to be spend to keep the beta running smoothly including patches and such. Not to mention the community can't agree on which period was the best one in beta. What you left with is some kind of monstrosity that's not quite like how players remembered the good days of the beta.

2. Giving players the option to buy kegs in the old version invites even more problems. Not only do the devs need to maintain the servers but also release expansions because the meta will otherwise become too stale and players will leave, just as well.

Releasing the old version of Gwent along side Homeocming is one of the worst decisions to make, really. If you try to please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one.

Imagine You are console player with a lot of kegs.
Will You open them as soon as possible, or maybe You'll wait for a special moment?

If you open the kegs now, you can get full scrap value during the transfer to Homecoming when your whole collection gets auto-milled. This alone might already be the best deal you can get, unless there's going to be special event BEFORE Homecoming is released on the consoles. You could wait, but if no such event happens, you're going to have to make a choice.

Are there any plans for an event for us console players before the December 4th lunch? or should we just open our kegs now? I have 60 kegs waiting that I purchased not so long ago

Are there any plans for an event for us console players before the December 4th lunch? or should we just open our kegs now? I have 60 kegs waiting that I purchased not so long ago

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked, pending an answer.

Will there be a PlayAnywhere version at the release of the Xbox One Throneberaker version like the Gwent game?

This question is getting answers that are somewhere between "nothing to announce yet" and complete silence. Which unfortunately is starting to sound like an answer. Not great for those of us who invested because of cross-buy and shared accounts across PC and Xbox. I hope I'm reading it wrong!

Returning to game and I have 150k of shards and no idea how to spend them, I am afraid that I just build non competitive decks and then I will be sad and lose to everyone, and lose my interest in the game I really like.
How on earth can I approach spending these?

Top Bottom