GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
How on earth can I approach spending these?

Every faction has at least 2 decent decks which are strong. I would first decide which faction you want to start with and build a deck around a certain tactic or archetype. After, you might need to tweak it and drop a few cards and create some others. But, in the end, it should give you a good start to do the dailies with. For specific and more in-depth help, please visit the gameplay forum.

My question is why does the card design team repeat so many mistakes from midwinter? Why more RNG? Why more simple mechanics? Why binary cards? Why why why? If this game ever flops, or better yet doesn't reach its full potential we can all thank the people behind designing cards and mechanics

Will we get December patch together with consoles release or patch will be released later?

There was mentioned, that there is planned change to Eithne to have just 4 charges. I do not find it right. I am really quite new to Gwent and this is my first season, but I want to point out my observations of newcomer, who may still not get everything yet, but who is otherwise quite good at abserving things (Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot kind of guy :p ). I think, that many leaders are generating about 8 points value of their leadership ability by default and I think, it is about average value (statistical term) in game. I can name at example Woodland Spirit, Crach an Craite (Player generally plays ~16 turns with ~10+3+3 cards, so because of cooldown 2 it means ~16/2 -> ~8 damage), Harald the Cripple, Princess Adda, King Demavend III and with more complex explanation needed, which I will not provide to not go into too much unnecessary details, I believe, that Filavandrel Aen Fidhail, Morvran Voorhis and King Foltest are worth about 8 points as well (not exactly, but more or less).

If new Eithne should have only 4 charges, her ability should do more than just damage to be on par with other leaders. I would suggest to make it something like "4 charges for whole game; deal 1 damage and boost random unit in your hand by 1". That way, I would find it on similar level like other leaders. Having only 4 charges to deal 1 damage is just "annihilation" of Eithne usability. She will be still useful for hers number of redraws, but she will be objectively underpowered in comparison to other leaders.

Additionally, my suggested ability of dealing damage and boosting would be in flavor of Scoia'tael versatility already represented by Brouver Hoog, Dol Blathanna Sentry, Vrihedd Officer ...

Just wanted to give my fedback about
Eithné - only 4 charges to her leader ability for the whole game

My post https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?posts/11221489 was completely ignored, maybe it was missed in rushing times, maybe there was some other reason, but nobody told me that reason. So I would like to remind my post again. I am especially curious about reason for Filavandrel having sword sheath on same side like he is wielding sword. It is definitely very unusual for fencer. I assume, that mirroring display in skin preview screen and in-duel screen is intentional, despite it is hurting logic.

Hello leak master!

Really hyped for december patch after reding this small preview from you, but there is one thing I am concerned about.

Is really adding armor to artifact a good idea, so this type of card could also be removed by damagin them? In my opinion it doesn't feel right. There are some good designed ARTIFACTS like: Frightener, Black Blood, Cadavarine, Summoning circle, All of TRAPS, etc and shouldn't be changed. The problematic ones are Sihil, Mastercrafted Spear, Wyvern Scale Shield, Ale of the Ancestor, Thunderbolt, Petri's Philter etc.

I have a small idea about that. Now in game we have 4 types of cards: UNITS, SPECIALS, LEADERS and ARTIFACTS. How about adding 5th type - EQUIPMENT? You would use all of those problematic cards on units giving them passive/order abilities. In attached file is my showcase of how could EQUIPMENT be visible on a unit ( though I am not a good graphic at all and I think people in CDPR will definitely make it better :D . It is just a concept showcase). This would solve the problem of interactions with artifact cards. EQUIPMENT would have its health tied to unit power. It would be much harder for control deck to setup scorches, epidemic etc, because player would have to actually be careful cuz they actually have units on a board. When the unit is killed, the EQUIPMENT is gone too. ALSO! It would make a game really flavourful as a UNIT would hold a weapon like, Sihil, Spear, Shield etc. As you want to do that with armour - artifacts will just have EMPTY HP on board and instead of doing for example 5 point you are doing only 2 point play to remove artifact. IT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT. With EQUIPMENT tied to units I feel like it would solved a lot of problems. I hope my feedback would be considered and passed to the team.

Really appreciate all the work the team is putting into the game. I am really thankful for that.
Best Regards!

Attachments

• ARTIFACT into EQUIPMENT look on a unit.jpg
    ARTIFACT into EQUIPMENT look on a unit.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 107
  • EXAMPLE OF EUIPMENT.jpg
    EXAMPLE OF EUIPMENT.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 93
Ok, but what about leaders with 1 or 2 mulligans FOR THE ENTIRE GAME ?!?
This is not cool, please change this asap! Change mulligan system, add more mulligans, maybe player with less mulligans gets extra mulligan point at the start of the game ... I don't know what but please change something about this system because it doesn't work!

Consider bring Eithne to 5 or 6 charges seeing a leader's average power is 8.

4 is killing the card, and killing other archetypes other than scorch-artifact.

Please don't destroy Eithne!! Perhaps the following nerf would be better: "Deal 1 damage to 3 enemies. At the start of the round refresh this ability". This way Eithne cannot damage Shirru and must shoot 3 different targets instead of being able to ping 1 target several times. I believe this would be good enough!

Hi Burza! Is dev team aware of Adda being lackcluster as a leader? Do you plan to fix her a bit? So far, her ability:
- has no synergy with any NR cards (especially cursed one)
- seems lackcluster and boring (just 8 damage once a match)

Wouldn't be it cool if she had some cursed synergy in her ability? Just like in old Gwent. If you dont want to focus on Cursed tag, then cut it* from my list below. Then, she would be even better. Well.. everything is better than current Adda.

Things that comes to my mind are:
- "4 charges: Deal 2 damage OR boost cursed* ally by 2"
- "Cooldown 4: Deal 2 damage OR boost cursed* ally by 2 "

It's easiest fix because she keeps 8 points but gains some synergy with rest NR card (such as cursed one)
- "One use per round: Play bronze/gold cursed* unit from your deck and boost it by X" or in future patch- give X armor
- "One use per game: Play bronze cursed* unit from your hand and Deploy: play copy of that card"

My post https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?posts/11221489 was completely ignored, maybe it was missed in rushing times, maybe there was some other reason, but nobody told me that reason. So I would like to remind my post again. I am especially curious about reason for Filavandrel having sword sheath on same side like he is wielding sword. It is definitely very unusual for fencer. I assume, that mirroring display in skin preview screen and in-duel screen is intentional, despite it is hurting logic.
This post was moved from "ask a dev" to "ask a dev discussion" with reason, that it is not question. Originally, I was asking 4 questions where all were ignored and now I was pointing out, that my post was ignored and especially emphasized question about Filavandrel and yet is was cosidered as not being question? How is it possible? Then how should I formulate sentence so it will look like question about Filavandrel, his sword and his sheath and lore about it? I find marking it as no question to be bold and invalid reason for moving my post since I was clearly asking question. Why precizely was it considered to not be question? I am honestly interested in knowing answer about Filavandrel.

No plans.

Does it really hard to make my and my opponent draw cards animations work at the same time?

Or make reveal cards animation from my and my opponent deck work at the same time?

Or let all cards on the board dissapear instatly after end of the round?

Or allow to use another cards during leader animations?

I'm beging you, there is more that 2 weeks left before patch. Making gameplay faster the game will be improved on 150%.

I'm not will be mad on devs, if they didn't do that, but did CDPR always wanted to make more than people expect them to do?
p.s. ty for communication! <3

Last edited:
Don't you belive that since all post homecoming new players had to endure a second beta and since you are about to destroy all current deck archetype (in december) as you already destroyed all froth archetypes in the previous hotfix maybe with the december update you should again reset all cards to all players and refund their scraps?

You refunded your beta players when the game released but to me it seems this is a second beta more than a real release.

@Darkenral

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked, pending an answer.

@Sernior

EDIT: Your tone towards the devs was a bit too harsh, but while writing this post, you've already corrected yourself. Problem solved.

@Sernior

EDIT: Your tone towards the devs was a bit too harsh, but while writing this post, you've already corrected yourself. Problem solved.
Thanks, but the post wasn't offensive.
A bit harsh? Yes, but that was a wanted feature in my question and my Language.
It is a good form of communication sometimes to be harsh to make someone understand how you feel. The important should be not being offensive.

Can you please add in that when you play with friends you get some kind of reward please even if that is just xp.
Thanks
You can get progress for "Play x cards" quest when playing with friends. You don't get progress for "win x games". Other stuff i dont know.

Hello!
I just started to set my stream on Twitch. My plans are to stream Gwent every day on PS4. Is there a possibility to get in touch with developers via messages because of plans that I have which are game promotional related?

Thanks in front for the answer!

Last edited:
Top Bottom