GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
I took a mid-long break from Gwent.. is it possible that all my custom decks and the 300+ cards I've unlocked before the 1.x version are gone? Like.. haven't even turned back into ore/kegs/meteorite.. ? The game out of its beta stage looks good and I'm willing to give it another shot, I just feel underwhelmed about this particular issue(?). If anyone can help me to understand what happened exactly I'd be grateful.
Thank's CDPR for the transparency and all the amazing experiences you've gifted me in the last couple of years.

I took a mid-long break from Gwent.. is it possible that all my custom decks and the 300+ cards I've unlocked before the 1.x version are gone? Like.. haven't even turned back into ore/kegs/meteorite.. ? The game out of its beta stage looks good and I'm willing to give it another shot, I just feel underwhelmed about this particular issue(?). If anyone can help me to understand what happened exactly I'd be grateful.
Thank's CDPR for the transparency and all the amazing experiences you've gifted me in the last couple of years.

Hello my friend, all your letters will be destroyed, but do not worry, you will receive all the value of them again to do what you think is best!

It will continue with all its collection value!

I took a mid-long break from Gwent.. is it possible that all my custom decks and the 300+ cards I've unlocked before the 1.x version are gone?

With the transfer to Homecoming, your whole collection has been auto-milled for full scap value, giving you the choice as to what you want to craft.

Hello my friend, all your letters will be destroyed, but do not worry, you will receive all the value of them again to do what you think is best!

Moved post to the discussion thread because it's not a question for the devs.

Not sure if this thread is still going. Devs: I was looking for a FAQ on this topic but could not find one: will card purchases transfer from beta to launch of Gwent Witcher Card game on Dec. 4, if not transfer will it be refunded
Post automatically merged:

I'm a Xbox One/Windows Store Gwent player and I want to ask if you're going to give full value to the cards we have in the last beta version before de official launch, like in the GoG version.

Thanks.
ditto

Last edited:
Not sure if this thread is still going. Devs: I was looking for a FAQ on this topic but could not find one: will card purchases transfer from beta to launch of Gwent Witcher Card game on Dec. 4, if not transfer will it be refunded

Your whole collection will be auto-milled for full scrap value, giving you the choice as to what you want to craft.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)

Your whole collection will be auto-milled for full scrap value, giving you the choice as to what you want to craft.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)
Full scrap value or craft value? because there's a difference I mill cards for 10 scaps and cost 80 scraps to craft simple bronze that's it's literally reducing the amount of bronzes by 1/8th and a lot more loss for gold & silver.

*Edit to one 1/8 ; by 7/8

Gwent: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

This thread is reserved for discussion of questions and answers posted in Gwent: Ask a Dev.

Please, keep discussions polite, and respectful. Thank you. Carry on.
I've really enjoyed the 3 lane beta version of the game on console. So I was surprised when I tried the latest patch on pc, and realized I was playing an entirely different game. It was a lot slower and the cards were all changed. I am open for change, but this new version is definitely a step in the wrong direction. Anyways, my QUESTION is:

What caused the notion for completely changing the game? And was there any connection or response from the Gwent community that lead you to this decision?

Best regards,
Gwent fan

Have you seen opinion from Freedy about gwent? Plz listen to him. He is talking with a lot of sense. It would be even better if you hire him cuz he really want to help gwent to be the best card game. I want anyone to reply to see that you have seen it.

Have you seen opinion from Freedy about gwent?
I like that top players want the game to be successful. Good points.

Playing artifact made me realize how good gwent is. I see this alot nowadays not just Freedy.

Hi Burza,

I think you guys should reconsider the provision system. In your last patch, you increased artifacts' recruit cost as a nerf. However, we just need to pick some lower cost card to replace the mid-cost card and artifacts are still there. Or if we don't have cards to replace, then the deck is over.

It is really frustrating that I must put some bad cards in my deck and pray I won't draw them in this game. Nerf a card by increasing its recruit cost can only make the deck more unstable. In addition, some gold cards can grant too many points or advantages, it is not that important I put a bad card or a worse card in my deck. But it is really important to draw the gold card, which now in this patch is only a matter of luck.

Gwent should have less RNG. I really think you should reconsider your deck-building rules. Or maybe some searching cards should return.

The console versions still don't display remuim cards in-game or deck tracker, unless you select them. How is it possible that consoles can handle games like RDR2 and not premium Gwent cards? Are you looking into optimizing that?

Have you seen opinion from Freedy about gwent? Plz listen to him. He is talking with a lot of sense. It would be even better if you hire him cuz he really want to help gwent to be the best card game. I want anyone to reply to see that you have seen it.

Freddybabes' points seem spot-on to me. Listening to or even hiring him are not the same as implementing these proposals. There's always a boss who actually has to agree to that. ;)

Hello!

I want to know if the problems addressed in this video will be fixed any time soon?

List of problems and solutions(copypasted from aerilyn235 ):
  1. Mulligans are a hidden carryover punishing bad hands harder instead of reducing draw difference, should be reverted to pre-homecoming : 4(3), 2, 2(1).
  2. Leaders : If Mulligans are changed back -> balancing leaders with provisions.
  3. Remove row limit.
  4. Hand Limit : Passing mechanic, the core idea of gwent was gutted : suggestion remove hand limit, balance the engines to compensate.
  5. Dry passing round 2 is too prevalent. If you win round 1 you get another tactical advantage for round 2 for 4 points (round 1 tactical at 6 points) and 2 in round 3. Tactical advantage should be phantom points instead of boosting (but should be activated by order).
  6. Too many card Draw, there is no point to bleed long round decks round 1, they will still get at least 6 cards round 3. This promote long round decks too much. Going back to pre homecoming (2, 1, even maybe 3, 1), consistency could be compensated with mulligans or by reducing the number of cards.

Thanks for reading this.
Post automatically merged:

@4RM3D

Why was my post removed from Ask a Dev thread if there is a straight question to the devs in it
if the problems addressed in this video will be fixed any time soon?
I expected answer to points in the list and see nothing wrong with questions like this.

Last edited:
Hi Devs,

How about introducing official website only for bugs, like :

bugzilla.gwent.com and bugzilla.gog.com

With status, serevity of the bug and so on....
It would much simplify the way that bugs are currently reported and tracked right now.

Cheers !

I'm going to ask my question again because I really would like to have an answer. Season rewards used to be based on the highest rank reached during a season and not on the current rank at the end of the season itself. The new system does incetivize camping on some ranks and leads people not to play at all (a part from grinder ones). The way you used to give players end-of-the-season rewards before homecoming was (imho) way better and used to incetivize people to play more without the feeling of grinding that new ladder gives to them right now.
Hopefully you'll take into consideration to revert this grinding system to what it used to be (more player-friendly, imo).
Thank you for reading and answering.

Hi Devs,

Don't you think that Weavess, Brewess, Whispess could look cool as monsters leaders ? :D In the witcher game it seemed they were at some point... and how about introducing some ghosts as cards like ones from the witcher game ?

Cheers !

Where can i find some info in other languages, like russian? My english is too weak to understand all game mechanics, like Vryggef or Imlerith. Also i prefer to read patchnotes in russian too. thx

Top Bottom