GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Where can i find some info in other languages, like russian? My english is too weak to understand all game mechanics, like Vryggef or Imlerith. Also i prefer to read patchnotes in russian too. thx

There is also the Russian forums. That's your best bet.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because it's not a question specifically for the devs)

Hello Burza and Vattier!

On Console we currently have the problem that premium cards only show their animations when we hover over them. Can you please explain why you did it like that? I hope this is not on purpose.

In CB we had no problems with the whole board filled with premiums. Also the consoles are capable of running huge games like Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn or Red Dead Redemption 2 without any performance problems. I just can't believe that they can't handle a card game with proper premium animations. Especially when we had no problems in CB.

I really hope you will answer this and fix this problem, because this really destroys the atmosphere for me and many others when we can't enjoy the premium animations.

Have a great day

Hey Pawel!
Is there any ETA on the roadmap?
I know that you want to release things when they are fully worked out, but it really feels like the best time to release the roadmap now. Artifact has been declining in popularity and a lot of content creators and casual players are debating whether to leave the game. Getting hype up for Gwent now would be optimal I think.

Thanks for your time and dedication to the game!

@F10 @dobtf2

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked, pending an answer.

But where did any of the Devs give an answer for the question? Because i can't find any. And just to remove it because it has been asked somewhere before isn't really getting us anything. Maybe they skipped the question back when it was asked the first time because they hadn't an answer at that point. Or maybe they just overlooked it the first time.

I would be glad if you could tell me where to look for an answer for the question. It's a point many of us console players are concerned or angry about.

Best regards

Hi!

As a console player, do I get the Gwent package when buying thronebreaker? Like the premium version of cards (when I unlock then, of course)?

Hi!

As a console player, do I get the Gwent package when buying thronebreaker? Like the premium version of cards (when I unlock then, of course)?

hey! i can answer that one for you

when buying Thronebreaker you automatically get the standard version of the thronebreaker cards (you can filter them in the deckbuilder), and by playing you can find the premium version of the cards.

@dumontin Post moved to discussion thread, because the question is answered on the Thronebreaker goodies page.
1544502534218.png

@imSkry Post moved, because it's not a question.

But where did any of the Devs give an answer for the question? [...] Maybe they skipped the question back when it was asked the first time because they hadn't an answer at that point.

I did mention the question didn't have an answer yet. If it was asked a long time ago, I generally just leave the question be, but yours was already asked a few days before.

I did mention the question didn't have an answer yet. If it was asked a long time ago, I generally just leave the question be, but yours was already asked a few days before.
Sorry i didn't realize you already mentioned it. English is not my first language. I thought you are refering to the other guy you also replied to.

Thanks for answering.

Hey Burza,

is there an ETA on a Gwent/Thronebreaker update for consoles?
Love Homecoming, but the performance issues make it really hard to enjoy

Can I ask the devs if there's any plans to improve the layout of the game?

Currently the "cards in hand" view is difficult to see and can technically suffer from lag/click delay. Personally i really hate it as an interface. What's more frustrating about it is that it's designed to look like the player is 'holding' the cards - the irony of course is that what's in FRONT of the cards isn't a Gwent table!! It's a dark, muddy battlefield. It just doesn't make a lot of sense in terms of feel or lore.

I understand from a $$$ perspective it's cheaper to keep Thronebreaker and effectively make it Thronebreaker:Online. But it's not very engaging and I don't think it helps the popularity of Gwent. So are there any plans to address this to give the player more of a "tavern" feel and improve the playability?

Any word yet on when console players will get card animations during a game without having to highlight each card to see them?

Any word yet on when console players will get card animations during a game without having to highlight each card to see them?

Please, be patient while waiting for an answer. And remember, not all questions can be (immediately) answered.

Please, be patient while waiting for an answer. And remember, not all questions can be (immediately) answered.

I'm having trouble seeing how some questions get answered right away while others are repeatedly ignored.

Responding with anything is better than responding with nothing. They released homecoming on consoles and never said anything about this issue. It would be nice to at least hear "Sorry about that we had such and such problem at release and we will hopefully have a fix within X time".

I'm having trouble seeing how some questions get answered right away while others are repeatedly ignored.

I do not know why some questions are ignored while others get an answer immediately. Regardless, I do agree that any answer is still better than no answer at all. I would like to see some more (active) communication from CDPR myself. At the same time, I do know that CDPR is working behind the scenes to constantly improve the game, even though they do not always clearly show [communicate] this.

So I wish to know why when you go first not only do you get an additional redraw for mulligan but also the plus five boost? Seems like a lot for being able to go first.
Second I had someone play a deploy card with duel but my creature had 8 power and his only 6. Why did his survive but mine didnt?
And lastly are there going to be balancing for cards and leaders regularly? Currently I'm starting to notice what's strong and what's weak and it's kind of bad in my opinion but that's jus what I've seen. I only have so many hours and matches in.

I can't answer your other questions but about the duel card, that's how it works. The enemy damaged you for 6, bringing your unit down to 2, then your unit damaged it for 2, bringing it down to 4, and finally it kills your unit by doing 4 damage to your 2 strength unit. The duel mechanic allows you to kill units normally out of range of typical removal like alzur's thunder.

So I wish to know why when you go first not only do you get an additional redraw for mulligan but also the plus five boost? Seems like a lot for being able to go first.
Second I had someone play a deploy card with duel but my creature had 8 power and his only 6. Why did his survive but mine didnt?
And lastly are there going to be balancing for cards and leaders regularly? Currently I'm starting to notice what's strong and what's weak and it's kind of bad in my opinion but that's jus what I've seen. I only have so many hours and matches in.

I can only answer the dueling part of your question.

Dueling is damaging the opp card by the amount of body your card has. The card which initiates the duel is the first to attack. So in your case:

- your opponent's card with 6 body initiated the duel and damaged your 8-point unit by 6 points
- your card has 2 body left and damaged back the opp card by 2 points
- your opponent's card has 4 points left and damages your card by 4 points, eliminating it

Top Bottom