GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hey Brurza! hope you and the team are doing well
Can you tell us when the next dev stream will happen? We will all love for some info about the upcoming patches!

On the contrary, a lot of players think NR is too strong having Foltest giving Zeal to Gaunter, Seltkirk and whatnot. NR can be just as destructive as other factions, not to mention the Adda Control deck.
You can use Foltests ability only 3x. For all other units with order you must wait 1 round and (for most of them) you need further units who create charges. With Gaunter and Seltkirk you will destroy 2 enemies... Ok, But the other factions have many units with deploy who can destroy enemies in same round. If you have a solution how to play with NR, please share :) . I think its no coincidence that you will not find NR fraction in TOP 10 list. Yesterday the best positioned NR player was on place 18... wow.

You can use Foltests ability only 3x. For all other units with order you must wait 1 round [...]

You'll need to bait out the removal and save your aces until later. Anyhow, the core issue might not be the "weakness" of NR, but rather the strength of removal decks. Throughout Gwent's history, removal decks have always prospered. A better solution would be to change how removal works in Gwent, instead of changing all engine/order cards.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I had nightmares in which Viper Witches would come and say "We follow Letho's Lead" during pre-HC time. Thank god such oppressive decks are not there anymore. It was especially haunting as I was mainly (and only) playing Swordmaster-Dragoon deck. Removal in HC is much much milder than pre-HC.

On the contrary, a lot of players think NR is too strong having Foltest giving Zeal to Gaunter, Seltkirk and whatnot. NR can be just as destructive as other factions, not to mention the Adda Control deck.

Would probably put NR as one of the strongest factions now.

But are you thinking of adding some sort of a database that explains every aspect of the game? For example, we used to have the mulligan blacklisting feature that new players had no idea about. Or unit proc order. I feel like the game is severly lacking in exstensive mechanics explanations.

Would it be possible to add things like these under a tutorial of some sort? In text form, nothing fancy. Then just update when things change.

Good day Burza.

Do you plan on making transmutation sale - like two days lower price for card transmutation ?
Asking this because old players have most of the cards animated while new players straggle on getting couple.

Why do you even care about premiums? It does not influence your performance or overall experience in any way. Just enjoy the game how it is and stop bothering yourself with those minor details.

will you add a replay feature in near future?

currently its a shame that you cant review yourself or checking out the opponent deck after a game (which could be helpful to see if the opponent somehow cheated or using certain exploits or simply understanding how the opponent thought)
or possibly record interesting games by just replaying

Guest 4344268

Why does immunity not apply to 'everything'? Yrden can reset any immune unit - doesn't that kind of defeat the object of being immune? Are there any plans to allow effects on immunity to instead just remove that immunity? So if I have an immune unit, boosted, then Yrden is played on it, the immunity - NOT the boosts - is removed so that unit can then be targetted?

Just seems a bit stupid to bother having a strategy around making certain units - Mourntart/Ozzrel/Incantation - immune, then have cards such as Manticore's deathwish, Pred Dive, Scorch, Epidemic blast them away.

I don't understand the premise of your question. So cards should not be counterable?

Hey Burza! hope you're doing well.
May I ask when is the next dev stream? we can't wait to hear some more info about the upcoming update!

Or... you know... you can also leak a bit ;)

@Fukazaza Post moved, again, because the question has already been answered. There will be a dev stream later this month.

Please do not repost the question anymore.

Why does immunity not apply to 'everything'? Yrden can reset any immune unit - doesn't that kind of defeat the object of being immune? Are there any plans to allow effects on immunity to instead just remove that immunity? So if I have an immune unit, boosted, then Yrden is played on it, the immunity - NOT the boosts - is removed so that unit can then be targetted?

Just seems a bit stupid to bother having a strategy around making certain units - Mourntart/Ozzrel/Incantation - immune, then have cards such as Manticore's deathwish, Pred Dive, Scorch, Epidemic blast them away.

Why are you asking a dev a question that most other players can already answer? Immunity has only ever meant that you can't manually target the card. That doesn't include cards that do not need to target like scorch or igni. Making immune better than it already is would make it over powered very quickly.

Top Bottom