GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Could we expect auto pass bug to be fixed soon. I like a new option, it makes game a lot faster, but it costed me few games, game autopass after i play last card which is bad since i haven't play herald as finisher?

@ForwardGwent, as pointed out in the post above, it's a bug that will be fixed soon.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been answered)

Not sure if anyone else asked this, but I was wondering if seasonal trees will reset next season? In other words, if I 100% both season trees, does that mean next march (next season of the bear,) that there will be nothing for me to unlock in seasonal trees?

Not sure if anyone else asked this, but I was wondering if seasonal trees will reset next season? In other words, if I 100% both season trees, does that mean next march (next season of the bear,) that there will be nothing for me to unlock in seasonal trees?

It was asked/answered many times. They won't reset, but there is a possibility that something new will be added.

Hey Pawel,

I've come up with a decent idea on how to improve game readability and dynamism of gameplay. The thing is: whenever a keyword is triggered (e.g. deploy, dying wish, order), a special animation plays over the card right before the actual effect triggers or in place.
For example, in Hearthstone, whenever a deathrattle is triggered, a skull with bones flies above the place where card had been before it "died". In old Final Fantasy games, heroes used to pulsate with different colors depending on their protection passives (e.g. mag dmg reduction, reflect, etc). Similarly to that, whenever a unit's dying wish/order/whatever is triggered, a special animation (identical to all abilities of a kind) could be triggered in Gwent. For example, a pair of clashing swords could appear when a duel is triggered; or a flying skull appearing right before dying wish occurs.
For new players, it's often hard to understand what triggered this or that damage/boost or why units suddenly burn (e.g. because of Manticore deathrattle). I believe, such "highlights" would help them, while also making battlefield more alive and dynamic.
Please take this idea with a grain of salt; I'm not a UX expert and Gwent team will design much better animations ideas than I'm suggesting here. But I think the concept is worth looking at, even if it's in the backlog somewhere along with the mobile version :)
Thank you for reading this far! I hope it will trigger a "spark" in Jason Slama's brain and he'll come up with the best implementation (or, well, the best conclusion on why this feature is not necessary). Have a lovely weekend!

Hi, Burza,
Would you consider adding in-game screenshots? Like you press Print Screen and an image is saved in a folder somewhere inside the game directory? Cheers.

Would you consider adding in-game screenshots? Like you press Print Screen and an image is saved in a folder somewhere inside the game directory? Cheers.

That's already possible with the GOG overlay. The shortcut is F12.

(Post moved to the discussion thread)

I know this probably isn't the right thread to be asking this, but I've returned to the game a couple days ago (having to start from scratch unfortunately), and was wondering what's the best time to open kegs in the game? Do we still get premium kegs on certain days of the month, or do we have to buy them (like it is right now)? Thanks.

[...] was wondering what's the best time to open kegs in the game? Do we still get premium kegs on certain days of the month, or do we have to buy them (like it is right now)?

A guaranteed premium from the choice of 3 cards was a limited special event a while ago. So, every now and then, there are such special events. I do not know when the next one is, nor if we get to see any before the launch of the new expansion. What the devs did mention is that the expansion will have it's own kegs, so you cannot use the kegs you have now for that purpose. The only exception are the faction kegs, which do contain all cards.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because, as you've surmised, it's not really a question for the devs)

Greetings Mr. Burza.
Is there any chance you'll swap Brouver's and Filavandrel's abilities? As a Scoia'tael player and lore lover, I'm kinda bothered by the fact that the dwarf leader synergises more with elf-centered decks and vice versa.

Will the Unseen Elder get his ability changed (or exchanged with some leader) to make him more connected with the theme of upcoming expansion? "Activating deathwish" doesn't sound like something to fit the boss of all vampires. =V Unless he just does whatever he want to Also, by the time the expansion lands, will Filavandrel and Brouver's abilities get finally swapped?
He is more the guardian of the gate from which Vampires enter the world from (as far as I remember also during the Conjunction of Spheres), than the leader of Vampires, he is extremely powerful, however only really cares about securing said gate, rather than leading Vampires (see Blood and Wine).

Top Bottom