GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Arena always has been treated as a separate mode.

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered. Also, in the future, please, mind your tone when addressing the devs.

So the answer is because we told so, and top of that i dont talk with enough respect i guess, maybe add to the guide lines that when talking to the Mods we need to use your highness or your grace?

Please, reset Dettlaff.
With 1 damage is pratically useless, if is necessary nerf him, at least remove the spawn of Ekimma when he destroy a card.
Or I don't know... Increase the charges?

-Greetings-

Hello,

Just an opinion and my user experience. I am really put off by Gwent right now and let me tell you why.

I am a casual player, so CC is obviously super exciting. Because I am a casual player, I dont have the resources to get all the new cards and such just like the players that spent a huge amount in the game. I finally manage to get myself a Dettlaff deck which I LOVE (LOVED) and then you go ahead and nerf Dettlaff and nerf Dettlaff Higher Vamp. The fact that I cant mill for full value after it was nerfed is really annoying for a casual like me.

Any plans on potentially bringing full value mills for nerfed cards?

Hello,
[...]
Any plans on potentially bringing full value mills for nerfed cards?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Your question has come up before. While it's unfortunate that some players are impacted by this, especially those that have just started out, CDPR did recently change their refund policy. It was also mentioned in another post that nerfs are not considered complete changes and thus are not eligible for a full refund.

(Post moved to the discussion thread)

With the way base power currently is in Gwent, Control will always be opressive and asphyxic and engines weak. 1 power will be too much for damage and for engines to get, rising the base power across the board would allow for interesting decks and strategies to exist without snowballing and will keep in check one of the most depressing archetypes in Gwent which is control. It will help balance and gameplay and bring it at a much healthier and enjoyable state.

Does the team have it in the back of their heads as a measure to up the base power of cards in Gwent, if things get to far out of hand, which isn't far away, so that we can have the best Gwent that we can?

A lot of influential Gwent players also seem to agree on this. Many professional players and entairteners have spoken about it on their streams, youtube or social platforms.

HC is a good step, but the reduction of base power was a bad one for the game. I hope you at least consider this advice some mind, after all we both love Gwent and want it to be the best.

Not certain if adding more base power to engines is the right approach. Imo control NEEDS to be the answer to engines but not to such a degree that packing an all control deck has no downsides. Id recommend adding 1 provision to EVERY ON DEPLOY DAMAGE card and see how that works out. That way control does counter engines but you have less space for answers, making them a strategic play, rather than a no-brainer.

Hi I was playing against Nilfgaard and the player used a simple spy card against me, whats supposed to happen is it plays on my side of the board and boosts a unit of theirs by 7 but every time he plays that card or it seems any spy card it also draw a card from my deck and plays it right away. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not but it certainly does not specify this mechanic in the cards' description and it's annoying as hell.
You were playing Seasonal Mode. In Seasonal Mode, whenever you play a card, you play another card from your deck having the same provision. So, in Seasonal Mode, the Spies pull a card from your deck (if you have a card with the same provision) since it is played on your side. This (apparently) is not a bug and is intended as is.

I saw on a reddit thread a request to bring back one of the most iconic beta Gwent cards, the Jebaited Dunn Banner Cavalry.

Something like 2 power 6 provisions and if you are losing by 15 or more power they jump out. In new Gwent power levels it seems very fine, only good against monsters mostly and you ll still be losing by 11 and possibly more points. A card like this would be a fine addition to NR.
What do you think? It's thinning but it's not uncoditional like witchers, it requires you to be losing by a whooping 15 points and they can brick you bad, very bad.

Will we have mandarin (tradtional chinese) language mode in the future?
I have played gwent for months, and think it is really great and friendly to gamers, so would like to recommend it to my friends,however no mandarin version make it kinda harder for people who is not a english native speaker, so if there is any plan on this?thx

Guest 4355212

I read somewhere that the NG faction is getting an update or some balance changes soon. Is this true? Is there anywhere I can get an idea of what the Dev team is planning on changing?

Top Bottom