GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hi Pavko Gale,

I apologize for bringing the same thing again but a lot of us keep asking ourselves:

• Why can't we have a version of the game that is more like classic Gwent?
• Why don't you guys want to release sort of a small mode inside HC where we can play our favorite game?

The game now has its audience, but we believe there is space to have a game mode inside or outside HC Gwent that is more on par with the original idea presented in Witcher 3 and further developed in Beta (just to play it for fun like in Rocket League people have Ice and basketball).

• What is the reason for not wanting to release this version in its own small mode?

I think we have been vocal enough since the start of HC, and there is clearly an audience of old players and even new players coming from the Witcher 3 minigame searching for an experience that better resembles that game. We understand your efforts are spent on making this new experience of the game the best it can be, and we clearly are not asking to change the game how it is now, but:

• Why aren't we being heard? and if we are, why are there no answers to our pleas and point of view?

If you answer, thank you and again apologies for bringing up a worn out question, but I stopped playing months ago after 3 years of supporting the game (this game just does not appeal to me) and I would really like to know why because I will love to play my favorite game again...

Thank you, have a good week

Gwent: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

This thread is reserved for discussion of questions and answers posted in Gwent: Ask a Dev.

Please, keep discussions polite, and respectful. Thank you. Carry on.

Hello I just want to say that I love the game, and I have been watching you guys change things every week. With every change you guys are making it too easy for players. Now you guys are building starter decks for players instead of letting them create and earn there decks. This is a disgrace to the entire gaming world. I come from the colecovision days where you had to earn everything in the game. Especially because now you can buy everything in the game. To be honest that's whack. You should be ashamed of yourself. Oh yes I'll take on any of you in the game because none of you or the people I have seen in the gwent masters series can play this game for real they suck and are not real gamers and it seems like you guys are not either. Get your weight up. Go back to the beta version rules. Also whoever goes first they automatically get a 5 point boost come on guys you can do better then that.
Post automatically merged:

Yes I would prefer to pay a monthly fee to play a rigging-free game. Or at least to access a rigging-free game mode against payment.
A game mode in which Random means truly random, as per dictionary definition.
A game mode in which any card has the same probability to held any position in the shuffled deck as any other card. Not like this one in which I am dropping Biting Frost for a chance to get any other card, cause I already have Wild Hunt Hound, but I am getting another one back - even two times in a row.
A game mode in which Ghoul will consume with any card from graveyards with equal chance. Not like this one in which Ghoul is consuming with a freaking high probability the smallest or next to smallest card in both graveyards - even if there are only 2 small 2-4 cost cards in graveyards and 5-6 higher cards.
A game mode in which the scissors-paper-rock will apply for real in terms of how cards are shuffled - I mean that a deck is rounded to battle with fair chances against any other faction deck out there. Not like this one in which when I play a Monsters deck again a NG I see them opponents displaying over and over and over again the same 15 cards, while if I am playing a Northerners deck I see with the same regularity other 15 cards set of the same copied deck.
A game mode in which I start the first round with equal probability like any other player. Not like this one in which I am starting first in 80% of my games (and I am playing 95% of them up to the end), and in some half of the 80% I start the second round first again (noticed all cases: lost/won 1st round, had more/less cards than opponent; and this while when my opponent starts the first round I am 95% starting the second)
A game mode in which I have the same chance in getting the same average amount of legendary cards per play like any other player around. Not like this one in which I increased the chance to get Kayran by putting in the deck Royal Decree, but I see them any of them 2 in less than 40% of my game, while my opponents are getting all 4 legendary cards (without using Royal decree!!!!) in like 90% of my games.

I can give a lot of other examples. Do you have any valid explanation why various aspects which are influencing the 3 rounds final result are so unbalanced in terms of probability for me? What does differentiate me from other players in respect of the aforementioned aspects,which are not related to any skill. I cannot see any other difference but the status: I am f2p, others are p2w.

Did you get the picture? Until one can comment on my game skills should first answer why the basic aspects: shuffling, chance of consuming, starting position are so unbalanced for me.

Any of you whom already gave some money for this game...just have a look to those things I mentioned before...how does the game look for you?

At the end, I say again. I will more then gladly pay for a rigging - free game mode as I really like the game. I would pay as I paid for so many other games in my life. Never asked for free access to fun! But will never ever pay for getting fake victories. So I never paid a single dime to a so called free-to-play game until I verified is rigging-free (and tbh, I noticed quite few of them out there). I want to win solely based only on my skills and luck! I am not getting drunk with plain water ;)

No he is right. You guys make the game too easy for players. I just want to say that I love the game, and I have been watching you guys change things every week. With every change you guys are making it too easy for players. Now you guys are building starter decks for players instead of letting them create and earn there decks. This is a disgrace to the entire gaming world. I come from the colecovision days where you had to earn everything in the game. Especially because now you can buy everything in the game. To be honest that's whack. You should be ashamed of yourself. Oh yes I'll take on any of you in the game because none of you or the people I have seen in the gwent masters series can play this game for real they suck and are not real gamers and it seems like you guys are not either. Get your weight up. Go back to the beta version rules. Also whoever goes first they automatically get a 5 point boost come on guys you can do better then that

Will there be more support for long-standing players in the future? Specifically, long-standing players often have huge scrap/ore mountains (over 100k), with nothing to do with it.

For long-standing players, who do not want to buy kegs, will cardbacks be available to buy separately, either now or in the future?

Hi, can you please give the main reason why did you censored the whoreson leader card? It was a really let down listening you at the dev stream, basically ignoring the question, especially when you guys said that communication was coming back from you.

i realy don't understand this game u guys make OOOOOOPPPP new faction and i dont have more scraps to get new deck
what i must do i was love this game but now i'm ganna quit thx CD Will Done

Hi Burza,

Is there anything we can do as old fans to convince the team/company/heads that bringing back old Gwent (in any form) will be worth it?

Thanks

Is there anything we can do as old fans to convince the team/company/heads that bringing back old Gwent (in any form) will be worth it?

Nice try by rephrasing the question, but the intend is still the same and so will the answer be. Let's just leave it at that.

Nice try by rephrasing the question, but the intend is still the same and so will the answer be. Let's just leave it at that.
Sorry for being persistent I just want to know. I understand that the answer to their plans on the game is no, but if there's something we can do to convince them I want to know. There is clearly an interest; so if comments on forums, the Gog page, and Reddit won't do it, I want to know how can we get their attention; that was it... (although of course, the no is the answer...)

Sorry :)

♪♩ Cellophane ♪♩

Will players who actively abuse that fee units immune to locks get rating reset? In pro rank that really makes difference, between keeping yourself in check and just shamelessly machine gunning your opponent down with his own muzzled Borsodi.

Will players who actively abuse that fee units immune to locks get rating reset? In pro rank that really makes difference, between keeping yourself in check and just shamelessly machine gunning your opponent down with his own muzzled Borsodi.

Please, report those players to CDPR. CDPR can check if those players are continuously abusing the bug and take appropriate action.

Top Bottom