GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hеддщ, developers!

I want to offer some ideas for improving the game:
1. Completely rework the abilities of all Ciri cards, as these cards are completely useless, although the character is the key in the Witcher universe!
2. Make it possible to buy reward points for money, as there is a situation of their shortage when opening the season tree.
3. Make a premium account for money, which could enable accelerated development, etc.

Thanks for your attention.

1. Completely rework the abilities of all Ciri cards, as these cards are completely useless, although the character is the key in the Witcher universe!
Ciri Nova is complete useless, the other two can get a bit of play with the defenders now, im using them and practically nobody expect to see these cards. Card advantage is card advantage after all. :beer:

3. Make a premium account for money, which could enable accelerated development, etc.
The season pass of MtG is a good sistem.

Hello i don't know if it's the right topic to ask this question, it's related to a card : Xavier Lemmens

Does his ability to exile cards in my own discard pile have been removed ? it's still in his text but i tryed to put him in my ranged line twice and each time i got the pop up that tell me his ability is only on the other line.
(that's a nice feature by the way, i was quite happy when i discovered it, i tend to be easily distracted and that the kind of mistake that i can make quite often)
If i force it, i can't exile anything in my discard pile and if i play him in melee line, i exile in my ennemy discard pile

so is there something i'm missing, some bug or even some information that didn't get through the translation (i play in french) ?

Hello i don't know if it's the right topic to ask this question, it's related to a card : Xavier Lemmens

Aye, Ask a Dev is not for technical support or gameplay questions, so I have moved your post to the discussion thread.

To answer your question, I have just tried Xavier and he is working fine for me. There is an (un)intended side-effect of having dual abilities, you'll get the warning message regardless, which can be confusing. Not really a bug, but maybe a point for improvement.

Dear Devs,
a seriosly question. Are you going to change/rework Enslave ability (Ardal) in the near future?

I Probably will not get an answer, but I know you will read it and would like to let you know that this ability discourage me to play Gwent. I have played a lot of Gwent for a year and now I only try to make the 6 rounds win every second day; and when I play against this ability I turn off and dont know why I still play this game because every second match is against this ability and makes 0 fun... is even disgusting. And I know from other forums, reddit and frends that a lot of other players feels the same.

It would be so great to see a rework.

I agree to a point - from the one hand, enslave ability is reason why i dont play Cards like defender or Vandergrift in my NR deck; but from the other hand, enslave cold be weak aginst point-slam monsters decks

I agree to a point - from the one hand, enslave ability is reason why i dont play Cards like defender or Vandergrift in my NR deck; but from the other hand, enslave cold be weak aginst point-slam monsters decks
Thanks. I dont use defender or resilience units in my decks. Mostly I play NR charge or boost decks (I never use Meta decks because I would like to have fun in this game and also give a bit fun to my opponents because I know that everyone is happy to play against non-meta deck).
Enslave is just a very bad designed ability because... you know - you play a good and important card -> it will be stolen and support your opponent from now on with its ability, make big points for the opponent (10 or 12) and distroy your own tactic is a big shit...
Especially in a short round 3 Its like the opponent has 3 cards advantage if you must start => destroy your card + play the destroyed card on his field + play card from his hand while you have nothing on your field.... disgusting.

I think it would be a much better design if the ability would be: copy an opponents card with max. 8 points and boost it by 3... just an example

Thanks. I dont use defender or resilience units in my decks. Mostly I play NR charge or boost decks (I never use Meta decks because I would like to have fun in this game and also give a bit fun to my opponents because I know that everyone is happy to play against non-meta deck).
Enslave is just a very bad designed ability because... you know - you play a good and important card -> it will be stolen and support your opponent from now on with its ability, make big points for the opponent (10 or 12) and distroy your own tactic is a big shit...
Especially in a short round 3 Its like the opponent has 3 cards advantage if you must start => destroy your card + play the destroyed card on his field + play card from his hand while you have nothing on your field.... disgusting.

I think it would be a much better design if the ability would be: copy an opponents card with max. 8 points and boost it by 3... just an example

One fact is certain: if You play NR defender against other NR, ScoiaTell or Monsters, it gives bigger or smaller problem to opponent: he need to puryfy it, move it to other row, desteoy it or banish. So it works as - i think - is what designed. But - and now is where dog lies - when You play the same NR defender aginst enslave NG when opponent has ability to sieze untit up to 6 or Syndycate with Philippa, it is move with a serious negative value and a gift for opponent instead of additional value - and that is definitely not what you should expect from gold card with 9 provinsion cost;
same rule apply to gold Northen Realms 8 provinsion carryover vandergrift

Last edited:
When i started to win quite a lot on pro-rank I've noticed, that waiting time for opponent became much longer than usuall, but i was paired only with top players for some time. So the question is: is there an algoritm to pair hi-winning players more often with other hi-winning players than random players in the same rank, or it was just a coincident ?

So the question is: is there an algoritm to pair hi-winning players more often with other hi-winning players than random players in the same rank, or it was just a coincident ?

There is an algorithm based on your fMMR. In short, when you only play one faction and keep winning then you are close to the cap, which leads to thougher opponents. The way around this is to play another faction with a lower fMMR.

(Post moved to the discussion thread)

There is an algorithm based on your fMMR. In short, when you only play one faction and keep winning then you are close to the cap, which leads to thougher opponents. The way around this is to play another faction with a lower fMMR.

Wow that is so true! I play only Northen Realms! And that is exackly what happend! :D i knew that it wasn't a coincident!
You are answering questions better than pavko gale bro! :)
And these is an amazing solution - i am flatterd to be able to play with the Best of the Bests players and learn from them - i am not going to change fraction for sure now :)

Last edited:
Hi, i just ran across a card combo that was so effective it was almost like cheating. It was in the arena and my opponent played it on the last turn of the last round (saving the best for last i suppose). He had earlier played a "Yoana" card, the healer who gains charges when adjacent units take damage. He then placed "whoreson's freak show" next to her and used insanity to damage his card and mine until whoreson was at 1 power. Next he used yoana to heal him back up and continued this process until his time expired and he had done almost 30 points of damage. (i still won, if you are curious). My question is are there more combos that can deal nonstop damage every turn until time runs out or was this an oversight?

My question is are there more combos that can deal nonstop damage every turn until time runs out or was this an oversight?

Cards are balanced based on the faction they belong to. So, it may very well be possible to create combos that are too strong for their provisions, when you combine cards cross-faction. In the past, I even made a thread about it, showing the most insane combos. Anyhow, that's how arena works.

However, you'll see the same kind of tactics in classic play too. Opponents will save their strong cards, in the hope that you do not have an answer for them, like with Damien. Power swings like that could still be the difference between winning and losing the match.

Cdpr love your game! Been playing since the beginning. Been rolling with you guys for awhile and really enjoy the quality and diversity you out out. As far as card games go Gwent is far and away the best! As a experimental player I wanted to push an idea of casual matches where deck creativity is a premium, and not get rekt by enslave every match. Lol. I always look to play creative decks that have potential but aren't teir 1. Now that I think about it I'm not sure there is much you can do. But I do feel like creativity is suppressed with competive, meta gampelay. Everyone net decks. Maybe I'm just blabbering, but I feel like creativity is a strength for you guys, and I constantly feel like most cards are just unplayable if they are not strickly meta decks. I think I just suck I guess. Perhaps an extra mode for Casual players where certain cards are restricted? Or perhaps a game mode with diffrent deck restrictions in general, to increase creative deck makers? Just a thought. Keep up the great work you guys, love Gwent!

Dear devs,
Please add the possibility to see the deck lists before a ranked match, over rank 7 maybe. It is more competitive and skill based and less frustrating

Do you plan to fix visual bug on low end pc's?
I'm using ati radeon 4650,and it meets minimum requirements.
Up until a month it was fine ...and now i get epileptic seizures every time i place a card on the board.
Further on ..whenare you planing to fix the game on ps4?
Friend matches freeaze the game , deck builder is broken and in general user experience is inferior to pc.
Most annoying thing of all is that my boost card want to boost opponent ,and damage cards want to damage my units..no logic
whatsoever.
Hope this gets fixed soon...

Guest 4374839

Hello, I have loved Gwent ever since it came out in Witcher 3, and the beta version of Gwent, I was wondering if Gwent will ever go back to the beta version?
And if not, will there ever be a beta version against AI only, as it own separate thing for people like myself ?Or should I just accept the new version and play the old one in Witcher 3 ?

Thank you and have a nice day.

I was wondering if Gwent will ever go back to the beta version?
And if not, will there ever be a beta version against AI only, as it own separate thing for people like myself ?

This has been asked a few times before and the answer was always that no such plans exist.

Top Bottom