GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
HI!
I want to write a tracker to track my / opponent’s moves / cards. And also collect statistics on my games. Please give a link to the API`s documentation for interaction (data acquisition) from the game.

There is no public API and it's unlikely that CDPR is going to create one because they didn't like the unofficial trackers that were active during beta.

Are we going to get answer from you if you can/can't bring back ranked and arena to consoles for people to unlock trophies/achievements?

Are we going to get answer from you if you can/can't bring back ranked and arena to consoles for people to unlock trophies/achievements?

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked, pending an answer.

I wrote this in twitter,but also will copy that here.Since December 9,a huge number of players have asked you about the reasons why you decided removed the arena and you said that the reason was that this game mode is so unpopular & used by a small amount of people.Then,console guys asked you to reinstate the arena. And if its possible to make the ranked mode.Apparently,I understand why is gonna be a problem to bring back ranks,beacuse it somehow influencing cross-platforming & future updates.But what was a problem with the arena mode.Does it somehow has an influence on this aspects?But most importantly and disgusting thing,that after five days from December 9 you didn’t answer on any our request. You may said to us something like “Sorry,but it’s techincally impossible beacuse of ....”, “Guys,your requests in under discussion,we’ll let you know” or We will bring the arena back in January,when the next season,cause right now we busy of doing the first transfers to GOG”. It’s difficult to only give us some information? We don’t deserve to know? We was and still are a part of GWENT community (hopefully will be) and we just deserve to know what is happening with our game,why it’s impossible today to complete it until servers shutdown & why we cannot play an arena till June. Meanwhile,it seems that the arena wasn’t extinct off the game permanently,we just dont have an access to play it,cause me personally still recieve a daily missions from the arena and some guys who just installed the game see the “window” where they can find the arena,but cannot play it. So,GWENT team,Pawel,we swear to you,please,don’t ingnore this messages,don’t ignore any of us.We still love you company and it’s valid to say that you are the only ones which we can even trust in this industry.Again,please,do not let us,we are your community. Wait for you answer. One of the soulition can be a changing the requirements for some trophies,as this gives in his example.

BD6FA082-0B33-47DB-887C-9CDE8A518FB9.jpeg

Last edited:
@1ps4

I've moved your post to the discussion thread. While you make a fair point, "ask a dev" is for questions only, not a whole story. Please, try to focus on a few (straightforward) questions you would like to see answered.

So... apparently Arena has been shut down on the PS4. I want to finish my platinum trophy because I've read that in June 2020 the game will shut down on consoles. I didn't knew that Arena would be shut down so soon though. Is there any chance for us trophy hunters to finish the trophy any other way? After The Witcher III and Thronebreaker I would like to finish my third game too. Thank you for your time.

Is there any chance for us trophy hunters to finish the trophy any other way?

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has been asked before, pending an answer. BTW, I've also moved your other post to the dedicated news thread.

Hello, fairly new to the gwent game, just wondering I'm on xbox one, is this still fully support still because I noticed the wild hunt season is not on xbox atm?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, fairly new to the gwent game, just wondering I'm on xbox one, is this still fully support still because I noticed the wild hunt season is not on xbox atm?

Thanks in advance.

Ok so I just found out it's not lol, question now though is if you've disabled stuff like arena how do I get the achievements for these?
Post automatically merged:

Is it still possible to get the achievements then if arena is disabled?

Try forcing Gwent to Direct X 10 ( https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019761973-GWENT-Crash-while-opening-a-keg?product=gog ).
That fixed at least some odd behaviors on my old laptop. It's not perfect since some Vfxs are missing, but as a workaround you could check it.

do you mean i should install DirectX 10 to solve this problem?

I call it disco gwent...
The arrow is gone, blue or red flashes, below is the light version.
Sometimes it covers entire board so only unit power numbers are visible.
This happens only after you select a card, and also, when you use ability.
It appeared 3-4 months ago.

Have you find any solution for this yet? (sorry the for the bad english)

Have you find any solution for this yet? (sorry the for the bad english)
No solution yet...cdpr is ignoring the issue, apparently we are minority..
So either play like this...or get a better pc ( graphic card)

No solution yet...cdpr is ignoring the issue, apparently we are minority..
So either play like this...or get a better pc ( graphic card)

No, there's a launch command given in that link ( https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019761973-GWENT-Crash-while-opening-a-keg?product=gog ), that forces gwent to direct x 10.

But if you have a gfx card thats 10+ years old and doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, don't blame the dev. These cards (for example radeon hd 5000 series) are outdated and also don't get any driver updates by the manufacturer.

No, there's a launch command given in that link ( https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019761973-GWENT-Crash-while-opening-a-keg?product=gog ), that forces gwent to direct x 10.

But if you have a gfx card thats 10+ years old and doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, don't blame the dev. These cards (for example radeon hd 5000 series) are outdated and also don't get any driver updates by the manufacturer.
Nobody is blaming dev's...
I just said that they are ignoring the bug.
Radeon hd4650 met the minimum requirements until a week or two ago...then they changed it to radeon r7.
This bug is now 3 - 4 months old...thus ignore.
So the only solution is to buy a better pc or graphic card.
Reading with understanding get's you a long way...

Hi,

First of all, thanks to a great game and an excellent iOS-port. Really love to play Gwent on my iPad.

One thing I really would want is a way of building decks in Deck-builder without having the scraps for it nor cards. I don't mean that the cards should be made for free but that I want to be able to have a "Placeholder" deck with all the cards I'm wanting to build in the future. Also, this should work with the importing of decks So that if I import a deck from https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks it should be populated with cards (those I already have created) and the rest should be just "placeholder"-cards that I in the future can create. This is much better than to bookmark deck-sites or keep a separate list for myself.

Today I cannot import a deck unless I have all the cards or scraps for it and I also cannot build a deck containing cards which I haven't created which is a shame. I hope you understand my point.

Top Bottom