GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Nucleus84;n8881200 said:
Will 1600 scraps premium refund work only on cards acquired before the patch hits or also for the cards gotten during those 5 days?
In other words, will it be possible to acquire the full collection by buying a ton of powder and repeatedly craft->transmute->mill one nerfed legendary?
I hope not, that is the only thing I really have an issue with.

you can buy bunch of dust then craft a nerfed card, use duct to upgrade, then mill the premium, and repeat until you have lots of dust. only for 3 more days anyway

rolandhsu;n8912200 said:
2.Different avatar emote?
With Ciri, Geralt, and Triss they all sound like they are playing a card game with a bit of playfulness and rather nonchalant when things go wrong. Then there's yennifer taking things seriously (DEMONS TAKE YOU and You Shall Regret Standing In My Way!). Would some emote be revised so that it feels like the character are just sitting and playing gwent? Would there be a Hello emote to say hi at the beginning of the match?

I think the emotes reflect the character's personalities quite well. In the books that I've read (haven't read all) so far and in the games Yennefer comes off as fairly stern so if there was someone in that bunch who wasn't that playful, I think it would be Yen. I would like a greeting emote though, that would be very nice.

Riven-Twain;n8920310 said:
CD Projekt RED is based in Poland, so, Polish is rather prominent; however, the development team speaks many different languages.

Thanks, it's just that I've recently started writing short stories in English which is not my native language and that's why this question occured, since I prefer playing games in original language and I know that all 3 'Witchers' had Polish as original, so I wanted to check it :)

alatielko;n8921610 said:
Could you please tell the exact time and date when milling bonus for nerfed cards will disappear?

5 days after the patch hits, so i guess June 17.

This was in the patch note

Celestes666;n8962570 said:
Big question that is not answered:
will we see changes to weather???

Right not, is totally unplayble.

The weather is not as bad as you write now.

kitsuneae;n8999090 said:
I actually hope that the real game once released resets itself and rebalances every season in order to remain fair.

Thanks for reading/considering!
Card collection will not reset.

Murlykot;n9036660 said:
Hi!
Sorry for my bad English. I have two questions about card's ability.
1. Card contrabandist-gavencar. This card take +1 power, if opponent play any card on his rows, but this ability don't work, if opponent play gold card (no lider). That is how it should be?
2. Card medic-gavencar. I used card "dummy", which must to replay my medic and to give it +3 power, but take only replace. My medic after all have 4 power, but not 7.
I add screenshots, if my comments are too unclear.
1. Cards don't trigger/can't interact with golds unless they specifically state that their ability activates by cards including golds.
2. "Dummy" (it's actually called "Decoy" in English version) did strengthten your medic, it's just a visual bug and developers are aware of it. Total strenth on the row shows correct number (you can count it yourself).

NlelithZ44;n9045230 said:
1. Cards don't trigger/can't interact with golds unless they specifically state that their ability activates by cards including golds.
2. "Dummy" (it's actually called "Decoy" in English version) did strengthten your medic, it's just a visual bug and developers are aware of it. Total strenth on the row shows correct number (you can count it yourself).

thank you very much

- Hjalmar and Kambi - OP
- Treason does not affect Gold Card - the description says "card" so ... the value in Combo with Xanthius is lost
- Philippa Eilhart - OP
- Kayran - OP
- Decoy does not add 3 to silver cards
- Nilfgard Revealer is too weak - I've tried many combinations. Almost no one plays in ranked. There are actually not much really useful combos...
- Queensgard - with discard is too OP (3 times resurrect 12 at least... but usually boosted, so more)

Other than that this is a great game!!!! I hope you can polish the balance even more. After the closed beta I really think it got a lot better. But there are still power combos. As soon I started to progress to higher levels in ranks (well not so high but anyway) I meet the same combos, many OP. I really like the Nilfgard revealer - but it's getting more and more useless (I'm trying to evolve/try different combos but useless).
I think you can buy too few kegs for too muc money, considering that it's very random and you get rarely good cards. But perhaps now with milling givin more scraps it gets better.

And somehow it would be nice in ranked matches to force players to vary decks (meaning factions) - so you would have to build more decks, which would mean you won't always play your super deck...???

Or a Ranking Plus where you get random faction random cards (you must not own them) and build your deck in 30s or so before playing (but after looking for opponent).
Because even if you polish further there will be a few OP combos with high winning rate, ppl who arent there for fun will read them in internet and use it and kill the fun a bit...

ALl in all thanks a LOT for this great game!
cheers

Vamsi2k999;n9091960 said:
My ranked seaaon did not reset and i din't recirve and season end reward. I dont get it . Did a new season start ?

That's a bug which sometimes appears when installing the new update. Please remove the game completely, including the (save)data and install the game again. That should fix the issue.

I launched the game today and ranked match is normal again. But my rank still did not reset and did'nt recieve any season end rewards.

Could you please explain the aituation to me?
Did the season actually end?

rogeriofi;n9109280 said:
Can you tell us how many cards you plan to add in the next patch please?

CDPR has stated that there will be around 20 new cards.

wildkeny;n9130950 said:
At the end of a season, will the MMR receive a total reset or a soft reset (aka a couple ranks lower than the current rank)? If it is a soft reset, does that mean we will not get the rewards of the lower ranks?

It's a total reset. You'll receive all the rewards for your rank and you'll be put back in the bottom.

4RM3D;n9132280 said:
It's a total reset. You'll receive all the rewards for your rank and you'll be put back in the bottom.

Any info about lvl's. Will that be reseted as well?

4RM3D;n9110780 said:
CDPR has stated that there will be around 20 new cards.

will these be Rewards in the Single Player mode that comes (?) with the new patch, or something that you can get somehow separately, or just simply added to the Kegs?

(Based on the information I currently have.)

Rammyp;n9132450 said:
Any info about lvl's. Will that be reseted as well?

Level won't be reset.

scorba;n9132500 said:
will these be Rewards in the Single Player mode that comes (?) with the new patch, or something that you can get somehow separately, or just simply added to the Kegs?

Single player campaign is not coming with the next patch (and it will probably take some time). The new cards are just simply added to the card pool (kegs). Of course, you can also craft them.

Dominika;n9124850 said:
Anti-AFK system has been already implemented to the game. After the first AFK turn, your opponent’s timer is reduced to 20 seconds (as opposed to full 60 seconds), and after that to 10 seconds.

Yes, and it restarts every round. I played against one *******, who went afk because he was losing and I had to wait at the end of first round and the second round and the third round and every time one minute for the first card of every round + mulligan and then then I got disconnected (nah not really actually, I don't know why I was thrown out of the game). Thank you very much!!

UsrnameTaken

Eredin can spawn a copy of any Wild Hunt card. Thus it's quite possible to get 4 instances of the Wild Hunt Riders. If you want to push it further, you can even use Nekker Warrior to make more copies.

Top Bottom