GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Otterherder;n9184141 said:
Merigold's Hailstorm says "Damage all units on a row..." but the strength of the units after using MH is white. It looks like it weakens units. So, is it supposed to damage or weaken units?

From what I experienced it always damages units.

Maybe you used it on buffed up units and that's why they didn't turn red.

Henkiepenkie;n9225391 said:
​​I just detest multiplayer in any game and will not be playing that under any circumstance.

That statement seems like it has a troubled history behind it. Though, I won't inquire further about it because that's besides the point. I will say this: Gwent is probably not a game for you then. Even if in the foreseeable future something like singleplayer rewards is implemented, it will be very limited. You'll still be missing the most import aspect of the game. And even though CDPR did announce a singleplayer campaign is coming (will still take a while), it is a supplement to the online experience because there still isn't another way to get the basic cards. CDPR mentioned they are looking into a few singleplayer only cards, but once again, that's only part of your deck.

I would like to know when the cards that contain a keg are chosen by the server. If they are chosen when you buy the keg or if they are chosen when you open it. And, if it is the last case, I would like to know if a keg bought time ago could loot new content. Eg. The new Dorregaray card.

Ejecutor-EU

I've moved your thread over to the discussions thread because the question has already been answered.

The content of kegs are calculated when you open them. That means it's possible to start saving kegs for the next expansion.

I got two related questions. First, is there indeed cross play between PS4 and PC, and second, do PC players get to use Gwent Tracker while playing against PS4 players? It's a pretty big advantage to them if they can essentianilly look at their deck at any time. Many times I've been unsure if I have any bronze/silver/gold/specials left to pull and turn my head upside down figuring it out, only to remember or think wrong. That would not be a problem if you're using Gwent Tracker if I understand it correctly.

Tales

I've moved your thread over to the discussions thread because the question has already been answered.

PC's and consoles share the same player pool. And yes, that also means that those PC players that use a tracker have an advantage. However, the tracker only keeps track of the cards and cannot provide additional info. If you have trouble remembering which cards you have played, I suggest making a photo/screenshot of your deck and copy it to your phone or print it out as a reminder.

4RM3D The question has indeed been answered but I believe this is separate.

Devs: Any plans to make an in-game tracker that would allow console players access to this advantage? It's not even so much to answer the question of "what am I drawing into" and more so e.g. "has my opponent played 2 or 3 priestesses of freya?" One obvious solution that I usually use is to look in graveyards--although more roping occurs this way and console response times for playing the card and aiming or selecting the effect are already slightly slower then clicking (see Coral--on console she default targets your own back row and you have to tap up 3-5 times to select the right row--and because plays like these involve math if you're Coral'ing with 5 seconds on the timer it ends up being a button mash after she delivers her voice line).

Moreover, simply looking in the graveyard will not provide the information you need in the freya example (in case you forgot how many have been played because after all--you've got to remember the entirety of your deck, what rally/ADC/MO will pull, and every card the opponent has played--so in round 3 it is understandable that you're not sure if your opponent has played 2 or 3). While you can look at cards played--again this can be a huge time suck, which in addition to calculating points for your contemplated play will often result in roping.

Speaking in terms of balancing the competitive game and treating consoles equally--as CDPR has stated it is its goal--it follows 3rd party trackers should either: A. not be allowed (I'm against this but it is fair) B. A substitute console add-on tracker should be provided (like any other game add-on or DLC) or C. One tracker should be built into the game interface (beyond the side bar of cards played).

Would CDPR consider any of these options in the name of equal treatment for console players? The tracker really makes quite a difference having played on a friends account on PC to test it and watching streams.

Thanks for any response.

Why my question, on quite an important matter, was first ignored and then removed?

This is getting rather disturbing...

HenryGrosmont;n9235091 said:
Why my question, on quite an important matter, was first ignored and then removed?

This is getting rather disturbing...
Yes, I remember seeing your avatar with a question on this page, but I don't remember what you were asking. What was your question out of curiosity?

Gwent: Ask a Dev

Sigurd_3;n9235241 said:
Yes, I remember seeing your avatar with a question on this page, but I don't remember what you were asking. What was your question out of curiosity?
What is the current official stance on intentionally timing out and "skipping" the turn? And if it isn't legit what are the plans to address the issue?
Earlier, I recall the devs saying it wasn't a part of the game. And that's why the current silence is strange.

Thanks for asking, mate :hatsoff:

4RM3D;n9235371 said:
Your question was not removed. It's still there: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...61#post9205961

Also, the devs cannot respond to every question, no matter how important it may seem. It's either because they cannot share the information or cannot take a stance on the subject yet.
I'd rather had the direct question being highlighted here. One of the reasons is that the first time it was skipped (probably because it was a link).

As for the devs part, the silence on the matter IS strange. It's either they keep the previous statement or say that it's ok to do so. There isn't anything too complicated, really...

Hell, they could even say that they're undecided at the moment. Still better than silence.

HenryGrosmont;n9235691 said:
As for the devs part, the silence on the matter IS strange.

About bumping questions in Ask A Dev thread, there are some specific rules in that thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...8684150-gwent-ask-a-dev?p=8921100#post8921100

Riven-Twain;n8921100 said:
Please, do not post the same question multiple times: This will not increase the likelihood of a reply. And, if certain questions do not receive answers, there is probably a reason for it. The final choice of which questions will receive replies is entirely up to the developers. We ask that you respect this.

Also, I tried to move your latest question into this thread to go with this rule quote, but the hungry forum bug managed to eat it somewhere during the process.

LethoClean;n9244821 said:
Do you guys ever plan on releasing board skins?
That was going to be my next question actually. I think board skins and the banners that I previously mentioned on this page would be great new features/sections in the trinkets menu. More customization and unlocks sounds good.

Top Bottom