GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
If you didnt qualify for the pro ladder this season, will you be able to get into the pro ladder if you reach rank 21 in this new season or does that only make you eligible for pro ladder in the season after that. What I mean is that I am rank 19 now. Once this new season starts is it possible to still get into the pro ladder even though I didnt reach rank 20 this season, like if I attain a certain rank. Thanks for your response.

LOVE THE GAME EITHER WAY!!!

Ok, I think this may be the place for this question...

In closed beta we had some pretty cool ambush cards and cards that synergized well with the ambush archetype. Then came open beta, and suddenly fireball trap is simply a token of the trapper, ciaran has nothing to do with ambush, and pretty much the whole thing was scrapped.
since Isengrim's ability is still ambush-related, I assumed it was a matter of time before new ambush cards will start coming out. I mean, you wouldn't really to leave Isengrim the way he is only to get out Toruviel, right?

And here we are, months later: a new patch is out and nothing ambush in it, yet also no change to isengrim.

So I'm wondering: is ambush dead or merely hibernating?

I know there were problems with the ambush mechanics: interaction, locking, etc... But you know what? -there were such problems with the weather mechanics as well. So what did CDPR do? Did they say 'fuck it!' and forget about weather? No- they tweaked and reworked and they are still doing everything they can to make sure weather is an integral part of gwent.
I read through these forums, and I understand that many people are just looking for an easy, thoughtless card game, but i think it was never CDPR's intention to make a mindless game, and I​​​​​ think ambush could be really interesting, and it is such a special type of build.
so, will ambush make a comeback, or is it RIP?

I heard Gwent will get a full release on steam. Will i be able to transfer my progress, from the Beta on GOG to my steam account? If not i dont see a point in playing the beta for hours if you will loose all progress when moving to steam.

Would it be possible to get version histories for the cards? My friend wants to make a video about Kambi, but he's having trouble finding the exact changes.

furrida;n9497511 said:
Would it be possible to get version histories for the cards? My friend wants to make a video about Kambi, but he's having trouble finding the exact changes.

The history is something like this:
1. [Hotfix] Changed from loyal to disloyal
2. [Gold Immunity Patch] Changed from disloyal to loyal, removed timer and gained deathwish
3. [Patch before that] Reduced Kambi's strength to 1 and increased the strength of Hemdall by 2.

SynVolka;n9500001 said:
Will Thronebreaker and all the other solo campaigns be playable offline?

I would say that's unlikely because your account still needs to be validated through GOG Galaxy when you start the game.

I am a chick that plays Gwent. I t is only an information point to state not only dudes play. Gwent is the first on line card game I have been interested in playing because I am a big fan of the Witcher games. So here is the deal: I think that every time there is an update to the game it becomes almost an entirely new game. I understand that it is up against other card games like Hearthstone, (which I tried and didn't care for).

When the Gold cards can be affected by any non special card, the gold card ceases to be Special in its own creation. It becomes just another fancy card. Having to learn new rules every time there is a tweak to the game is frustrating to say the least. I start to get a handle on a set of cards then some changes are made and I have to start ALL over again. Surely I am not the only "average" fan that feels this way?

qbim;n9505901 said:
I am sorry if I am at the wrong thread. The topic is about gwent questions anyway, right?

I wanted to ask about Ciri (vanilla one with brave). Will she return to her initial strength (when buffed) if you get her back into your hand? I haven't encountered that scenario due to my luck so I couldn't test it myself.

If you strengthen her (number stays white), the base strength buff will stay when she returns to your hand because she doesn't have regressing. If you boost her (number turns green), then she will lose the buff and return to her base strength because boosts are always lost when a unit leaves the field or the round ends.

MilliganX;n9505541 said:
I am a chick that plays Gwent. I t is only an information point to state not only dudes play. Gwent is the first on line card game I have been interested in playing because I am a big fan of the Witcher games. So here is the deal: I think that every time there is an update to the game it becomes almost an entirely new game. I understand that it is up against other card games like Hearthstone, (which I tried and didn't care for).

When the Gold cards can be affected by any non special card, the gold card ceases to be Special in its own creation. It becomes just another fancy card. Having to learn new rules every time there is a tweak to the game is frustrating to say the least. I start to get a handle on a set of cards then some changes are made and I have to start ALL over again. Surely I am not the only "average" fan that feels this way?

So because she was female and nobody could understand her form of speak, I'll paraphrase. When is this game going to come out of beta, and when it comes out of beta will less radical changes be made?

MilliganX HTMekkatorque

In a bit of a pickle I am. We would like to keep the ask-a-dev thread free of discussions. MilliganX's post wasn't an actual question to the devs, even if you did mean it as such. As for HTMekkatorque, thank you for "translating". However, the other thing you've said: "because she was female and nobody could understand her form of speak", is not okay. Now, I've moved both posts over to the discussions thread. If either of you want to ask your question again, feel free to make a new post in the ask-a-dev thread. But remember: be clear, concise and kind.

Dear CDPR, will Northern Realms get a nerf or a rework in the close future? Dijkstra, Stennis cards in particular?

Hello,so i was curious,will there be any more chances for us to get the Imlerith without helmet avatar in the future?

KaynOfNosgoth thread merged

The question has already been answered by CDPR:
​​
Gerbid;n9372181 said:
Are the alternative Dandelion/Triss avatars permanent content of the ranked ladder or they are exclusive, unique season rewards like the unmasked Imlerith portrait? Guess they are permanent, but didn’t find any clear information about this.

Vattier;n9387851 said:
The possible rewards will change between seasons. At the moment we cannot give you a definite answer, but it is possible that the rewards like Imlerith, Dandelion or Triss avatars would be obtainable at a later date.

GenLiu;n9595021 said:
Hi dear developers, first of all, I love you, thx for your job on every game you make really, from the Witcher series to Gwent, this is always top quality game. Thx a lot for that.
Now my question is that, the pro ladder system has a system that "forces" players to play different decks and in fact, I found it really cool and refreshing as a concept because it gives us more variety in the match up encountered and here is my question. Do you plan into globalizing this "rule" to the regular ranked mode (maybe by giving special rewards for anyone playing different decks or something like that)?

I couldn't aggree more with you!

:nice:

Ricardomug;n9652621 said:
Why, then, does the Nauzicaa Brigade card have the tag of soldier and not officer?

Presumably to synergize with the Nilfgaardian Standard Bearer:

Whenever you play a Soldier from your Hand, Boost an Ally by 2.
Deploy: Boost an Ally by 2.

Top Bottom