GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Question about skelige restore card.Before when it just restored a card from graveyard it was op so you nerfed it.then no one used it for a long time.Now is made even more powerfull,i play it too, is too good not to play it, to but why it cant just restore card from graveyard and that is great too.

partci

Post moved to the discussion thread. Also, if you want to alert people, you can't just copy their name (@Gvynblade), you'll have to type @ and then their name, at some point an auto-complete drop-down box will appear. Like this: Gvynblade

@4RM3D

I put the @ manually... why the hell this should be so complicated?

Back in the old forum days we didn't had to deal with so many over complicated stuff.

Is it possible to get an avatar from a previous season again?

Sorry if it's a noob question or if that was already discuted but I really want to know. Isn't there any way or it's totally impossible now? Maybe when the game get out of the beta? Or maybe purchase with real currency or something? Isn't there any way or they're really gone forever for real? Sorry again but I really want that avatar of Triss with alternative costume...

Considering that we can hope to see many more seasons of Gwent, you can expect that certain avatars will not be just a one time opportunity. However, in some cases you might have to wait a season or even longer, until another opportunity is there. But for now I can only speculate.

I'm not sure avatars should be purchasable, but you can always make that suggestion in our suggestions area here in this forum.

RidiculousName;n9693101 said:
Riigoo Thread merged.

Your question has been answered by CDPR earlier; see 4RM3D's post here for a quote.

Thanks for sanctioning my doubt, although it is not a conclusive answer... I really hope they come back because it depends too much in the season and can also happen that to be the wrong season for someone. It happens that some cards are strong in sometimes and not others, the gameplay change everything, not everyone nor their decks can adapt that well. It has a lot of luck envolved too so it's not too fair in my opinion. But thanks for the help.

Riigoo;n9695551 said:
Thanks for sanctioning my doubt, although it is not a conclusive answer... I really hope they come back because it depends too much in the season and can also happen that to be the wrong season for someone. It happens that some cards are strong in sometimes and not others, the gameplay change everything, not everyone nor their decks can adapt that well. It has a lot of luck envolved too so it's not too fair in my opinion. But thanks for the help.
I disagree. Seasons are lengthy enough to adapt to any changes that get made. If you can't adapt in 3 months, do you really deserve a high ranking avatar? Also, I don't think luck is involved. When you get higher ranking, you need to win fairly consistently to advance. I just feel there's plenty of time for those that desire the extras. There's a real slog at 4000. Even with a 60% win rate, you may only gain 10-20 pts in as many games.

If you look at players that are 4250+, they have hundreds of games played. Any sort of lucky streaks get evened out.

@arubino99
Luck is involved in any card game, you can't deny that. Also in this game, adapt to the season don't necessary means to adapt to your style of gameplay and decks and yeah, you can work around that but that don't mean it's something enjoyable, and I think that's the most important thing here. I agree with you in some aspects but I really think that a prize disappears forever and never get a chance to get it back is not fair. When I started to play I didn't have much time to play or delve into it, nor didn't know how much time I had been left or if I really should invest on it, now the prize is gone and I really don't think that go forever is something good.

Riigoo;n9697081 said:
@arubino99
Luck is involved in any card game, you can't deny that. Also in this game, adapt to the season don't necessary means to adapt to your style of gameplay and decks and yeah, you can work around that but that don't mean it's something enjoyable, and I think that's the most important thing here. I agree with you in some aspects but I really think that a prize disappears forever and never get a chance to get it back is not fair. When I started to play I didn't have much time to play or delve into it, nor didn't know how much time I had been left or if I really should invest on it, now the prize is gone and I really don't think that go forever is something good.
You said yourself - you didn't have the time nor desire. Why should you get rewarded for that? You can't go back in time. That's why it's called regret.

​​Again, I'm in disagreement on re-issuing rewards. It serves to cheapen them and the accomplishment that those that did expend the time and effort to achieve.

Riigoo;n9697081 said:
@arubino99

Please, do keep in mind that you're not playing a finished product. Unfortunately, becoming attached to any particular mechanic or feature of a program that's still under development is not a great idea. Often times the best ideas simply won't work out in the end, and they'll need to be altered or removed completely. It's called "killing your darlings" and it's a necessary part of any creative process. No one truly knows exactly what Gwent will be like in the very end! Viva la beta!

(Actually, no...the other way around... May the beta be short-lived!)

@arubino99
I don't want get rewarded for something that I didn't accomplished I just want another chance to get that.
I don't get why this should be so grandiose and unreachable. There's also people who just want have fun with the game. Some casual matches here, buy something there, has fun with individual mode and story and stuff. Ultimaly those kind of things are become more and more ridiculed in the gamer community in general, I don't think this is fine at all. Always think in the people that are not disposed in becoming the best of the world and just want appreciate the game is something that the developers should always keep on mind too in my opinion.

@SigilFey
Yeah that's true, I will make sure keep that on mind. Just hope that to see a really good balance between the factions without any clear favorites, I think that's really important.

Also, I have another question, one that probably is quite dull and familiar: will we able to play on PS4/Xbox with PC in friendly match and vice-versa? I know this probably is a very recurrent question and it must have been clarified a thousand times and everyone is probably already tired of knowing the answer but I still have not found a proper answer yet... so if there is someone kind enough to make the favor of clarify this to me once and for all I really would be very grateful. Sorry for the bother.

Last edited:
Riigoo;n9712251 said:
I don't want get rewarded for something that I didn't accomplished I just want another chance to get that. I don't get why this should be so grandiose and unreachable. There's also people who just want have fun with the game. Some casual matches here, buy something there, has fun with individual mode and story and stuff. Ultimaly those kind of things are become more and more ridiculed in the gamer community in general, I don't think this is fine at all. Always think in the people that are not disposed in becoming the best of the world and just want appreciate the game is something that the developers should always keep on mind too in my opinion.
You state you don't want something you didn't accomplish, then rant about being casual. You literally want them to be easier to obtain by making them more available than they currently are. The bar to achievement might not be moved, but by simply making them available, you make them less limited.

Additionally, did you think about the cost of such a request? There's always an opportunity cost. When you repeat rewards, the cost comes in not having new rewards. Do you think high ranking players that spent the time and effort to obtain the avatars in an earlier season wish to see and obtain the exact same avatars again?

You can't sit there and rant about "for the casuals" when the avatars aren't casual rewards. They are there for people that achieve high ranking. You're not going to get them playing casually. They are there for fans that did put in the time and effort, had the desire, and achieved their goal. The avatars say "I've been playing since Season 1 and I earned this". Don't cheapen that reward simply because you didn't bother to get it yourself. Get the next one.

Let me ask you this - have you gotten the avatar this season? If not, why not? And if you haven't, why would you argue for re-issuing the avatar and penalizing those that already obtained it?

Ferjoth;n9714291 said:
Is there a reason why there are not characters from the first Witcher game in the Gwent cards? There are great ones that are missing like Jacques de Aldersberg, Roderick de Wett, Kalkstein, Azar Javed and the Professor. Thank you for your time!

There are so many cards they could add so it will likely take a while before a specific character you want gets added, but they almost certainly will eventually! :)

EmpressCiri

I've moved your post because your question has already been answered in the FAQ.

Do you plan on wiping accounts in the future?

No further account progress wipes are planned, but — since GWENT is still in the beta stage of development — however unlikely, wipes are technically still possible. If we need to reset your beta progress, we will inform about that in advance.

PS. Your username...
is a spoiler for one of the endings of The Witcher III.

arubino99
I didn't because I have no interest in those rewards right now, to be frankly I have no interest at all in those hardcore players prizes (with the exception of some avatars), I just wanted that avatar from Triss because I'm fan of Triss and really like her and nothing else. I also feel bad for the fans of Yennifer or Iorveth that really wants those prizes now but just can't achieve the necessary marks regardless of their effort and will never have any other chance or way to have what they want, you know. I also wanted be a hardcore player and play championships over the world or whatever too but I just can't afford to do that right now, I have a lot of other things to do but I really wanted that little avatar of my favorite character that I like so much. If you think that protect your pride as hardcore player is above everything and everyone else then okay, fine, but can you blame me for feel bad for other people that just can't have what they want as fan regardless of their reasons? Is just ask too much think about us too?

Also, can someone at least point me where is the answer regard the future about cross-play between plataforms or what is their plans about that if possible? Or there is still nothing conclusive about anything yet? I reeeally would appreciate the kindness.

Top Bottom